Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:03:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Behind The Music: GN'R (post your comments here)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Behind The Music: GN'R (post your comments here)  (Read 81385 times)
Dizzy
« Reply #240 on: October 05, 2004, 11:33:05 PM »

GN'R existed before Slash joined.

Only in a name-only, preliminary  state.  When they were signed to Geffen records, the legal, official partnership of Guns N Roses was Slash, Axl, Steven, Duff, and Izzy.  Couple that with the fact that they wrote the songs and they were the players that defined the name Guns N Roses.

Tracii didn't last too long,a few months,he didn't get fire,he opted to reform L.A. Guns,

Incorrect.? Tracii was fired.

I wanted to take some time off.? I got a message on my machine from them [GNR] saying "hey, we have rehearsal this week".? I just ignored it.? Then the axe came down.? [They called and said] "Slash is going to play lead because you haven't come to rehearsals."

--Tracii Guns, Spin magazine, July 1999
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 11:35:46 PM by Dizzy » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2004, 09:29:13 AM »

You know what I mean Dizzy. GN'R existed before Slash joined and it exists after he left. The name of the band.

The AFD line-up, which is considered the original band by most fans, didn't exist until Slash and Steven got on board.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2004, 09:39:24 AM »

I think GN'R fans do know what IS Guns N'Roses and also know what IS NOT Guns N'Roses... You know what I'm sayin' ?
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2004, 10:59:18 AM »

I think GN'R fans do know what IS Guns N'Roses and also know what IS NOT Guns N'Roses... You know what I'm sayin' ?
Exactly! beer
ChristineP
« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2004, 09:10:55 AM »

A November release? why would Dizzy say Feb.?  Anyway, looking forward to it!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #245 on: October 12, 2004, 10:49:42 PM »

My favourite part was when Slash said some thing about "to do it that way is sacrilege in alot of peoples view, but he doesn't give a hot fuck"  Grin

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2004, 09:40:16 AM »

Exactly! beer

You seem to be holding on to the past history of GnR, which ent never gonna come back! That is why most of are all here looking forward to the album from the new GnR

metalhead666
Headliner

« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2004, 07:49:49 PM »

The chances of them reuniting are indeed slim to none by i remain faithful that it will happen someday beer

IT WUZ FUCKING AWESOME BY THE WAY!!!!!!

"If there was a new way I'd be the 1st in line, but it'd better work this time."
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2004, 02:49:36 PM »

At last I have seen it!!! I live in Toronto and have been jealously waiting and agonizing over not seeing it 3 months ago!!!

My take on eveything is Axl had better vision than the rest in evolving the band. Slash, Duff and co. were totally wasted about 99% of the time. I remember Axl once saying that it was hard to be around the others when they were always boozing and getting stoned (since he was sober for the most part) this alone would cause a rift to develop. I laughed when Matt said the band would get drunk, stoned, womanize.....and Axl would vanish for several days......hmmmm Axl vanish?Talk about a sign of things to come Smiley

I also love how Teddy ZigZag had a few words to throw in!  That guy is classic!!

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
DemocracyRose
« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2004, 05:12:00 AM »

I dont know if this has been posted before...

According Seoghoer, a gossip magazine in Scandinavian, VH1 will air Behind the Music with GNR, 9.00 pm. Danish time...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #250 on: October 26, 2004, 09:30:29 AM »

From VH1 Europe's site:

Wed 27th Oct @ 2100CET, Fri 29th Oct @ 2200CET

Guns N' Roses emerged from thicket of the hair metal jungle on Hollywood's Sunset Strip in the mid-80s and single-handedly reinvented rock and roll with righteous riffs and a real and present element of danger. Songs like "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Paradise City" were not merely rebellious anthems; they were autobiographical snapshots of a band that lived and worked on the edge. The band's exploits became as notorious as its music as members dabbled with drugs, booze and other forms of debauchery.

Guns' 1987 debut, Appetite for Destruction, struck a raw nerve - enrapturing teens and enraging parents. Thanks to arena-ready tunes like "Jungle" and "Sweet Child O Mine," the album would become one of the most successful debuts ever, selling more than 14 million copies worldwide.

Led by vocalist Axl Rose, Guns were a magnet for controversy - be it album covers, song lyrics, or bad behavior. And even as the band was quickly rising up the pop music food chain, internal struggles always threatened to tear the band apart. Original drummer Steven Adler was fired for his losing battle with heroin in 1990. Founding guitarist Izzy Stradlin would leave soon thereafter.

In spite of the turmoil, after the 1991 release of Use Your Illusion I and II Guns N' Roses were the biggest, baddest band in the world, with expensive videos and elaborate stage show to match. Guns stayed on the road to support Illusion for two and a half years, tours that were marred by tragedy - riots in St. Louis and Montreal - Axl showing up hours late or not at all. Founding members Slash and Duff McKagen dealt with Axl's unpredictable behavior by drinking the frustration away. Soon after they got off the road in 1993, Guns N' Roses disappeared into the world of rock myth. Band members came and went, with the only constant being the mercurial Axl Rose. A decade later, the world still awaits the follow-up to Illusion.

Behind the Music: Guns N' Roses tells the true story of this band of rock and roll outlaws.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2004, 07:48:36 PM »

I finally got to watch it. Nothing I didn't know, but the show got me so pumped! It gave another year of waiting capacity. Damn that band really was the best rock and roll band ever!

I'm just going to say, they would need to do 3 or 4 GNR Behind episodes the music to cover the entire GNR history. A shame Axl didn't get involved, neither Izzy. Quite frankly, I could care less about Duff. I won't say anything about Matt cause I dislike him with a passion, but on his favor, he did mention Axl was the best frontman ever. Apperantly, he's changed his mind recently cause I recall him saying something like Scott being the best frontman he's ever worked with.....

Anyway, Slash looked well. Much better than in the Illusions era. Actually, I couldn't tell, we never got to see his face anyway. He looked good though. He sounded very eloquent. I was expecting more bashing on Axl, and eventhough there was some of it, the whole show was more of a tribute to the band that achieved more in 6 years than pretty much any other band in a lifetime.

I really enjoyed the episode. It was great watching a brand new document on GNR. I have seen all of them pretty much, so I was excited as I was 10 years ago when I would watch a new documentary on GNR or read a new GNR related article. I'd get so excited you have to re-read the article 5 times to absorb what I was reading. I miss that feeling, but it was brought back today.

Oh boy, I don't think I'll survive when CD comes out.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #252 on: October 27, 2004, 08:14:59 PM »

yes, I was also very well surprised by Slash, he looks HEALTHY.

You know what I mean Dizzy. GN'R existed before Slash joined and it exists after he left. The name of the band.
The AFD line-up, which is considered the original band by most fans, didn't exist until Slash and Steven got on board.
/jarmo
This argument is what Axl says. But for me this is just his own vision, and I don't agree with Axl on that point. I'm sorry Jarmo but GN'R was nothing before Slash joined the band. Axl wants to make us think that Slash was "just a member among other members". NO, he was not "just a member". He was a guitar genius. He had a very special status, equal to Axl himself .
Slash was also a leader. GN'R had 2 leaders: W.Axl.Rose and Slash. So nobody is going to make me swallow this bulllshit. No way. Slash was not "just a member". He was much more than that. The guy is a legend.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 08:39:45 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #253 on: October 28, 2004, 10:39:54 AM »

I`m willing to see the show this friday but I`m pretty sure it won`t be enough!
 There`s just so many good things to remember from their life...

Anyway, seeing GN`R on tv is always the best!   yes  peace

Fuck the press! Axl's the BEST!

www.gunsnrosesportugal.com
CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #254 on: October 28, 2004, 10:49:11 AM »

yes, I was also very well surprised by Slash, he looks HEALTHY.

This argument is what Axl says. But for me this is just his own vision, and I don't agree with Axl on that point. I'm sorry Jarmo but GN'R was nothing before Slash joined the band. Axl wants to make us think that Slash was "just a member among other members". NO, he was not "just a member". He was a guitar genius. He had a very special status, equal to Axl himself .
Slash was also a leader. GN'R had 2 leaders: W.Axl.Rose and Slash. So nobody is going to make me swallow this bulllshit. No way. Slash was not "just a member". He was much more than that. The guy is a legend.

You`re soooo right!!
They were 2leaders and they used to discuss things together,that`s a fact.
But,at the end of the day, Axl always did things his way.
I love Axl but his not perfect,right?,nobody is.

Fuck the press! Axl's the BEST!

www.gunsnrosesportugal.com
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #255 on: October 28, 2004, 11:03:18 AM »

Of course Slash is a living legend, but nothing compared to the legend axl is even if he is or has been in the past kind of a recluse. Besides, Gnr wasn't just Axl and Slash, izzy stradlin was as much important as slash was, but me thinks Axl is a notch above them.

Truth is gnr is mostly Axl and gnr continues to exist even if Axl is the only member left from the original lineup. If anybody thinks this version of gnr is not gnr, they shouldn't be here waiting for chinese democracy as they all are.

By the way, gnr would not exist anymore if all the rest of the band was still in gnr and axl wasn't. Axl has not replacement, it's simple.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2004, 12:07:32 PM »

By the way, gnr would not exist anymore if all the rest of the band was still in gnr and axl wasn't. Axl has not replacement, it's simple.
exept for some die-hard fans like us, 90% of the old GN'R fans think the band doesn't exist anymore nowadays...
Most of the general public isn't even aware that there is a new version of GN'R today.
For the large majority, GN'R stopped in 1993.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 12:12:26 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #257 on: October 28, 2004, 01:01:26 PM »

exept for some die-hard fans like us, 90% of the old GN'R fans think the band doesn't exist anymore nowadays...
Most of the general public isn't even aware that there is a new version of GN'R today.
For the large majority, GN'R stopped in 1993.

well, i dont think that is true! i think alot more people then we HARDCORE fans think, actualy know about GNR and the new lineup! Everytime im out with my friends on a bar or anything, and talk music with people! they know alot more then i expected! Remember that unless other bands, every little move GNR/Axl makes is firstpage stuff in magazines or music websites

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #258 on: November 01, 2004, 05:04:08 PM »

havent seen this stuff, but i heard GNR won best 80's rock band on channel 4 (UK TV)

html sucks
the^crow
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #259 on: November 02, 2004, 02:57:26 AM »

It is now November and now we wait in joyful hope   beer
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: