Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:39:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Behind The Music: GN'R (post your comments here)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Behind The Music: GN'R (post your comments here)  (Read 81409 times)
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2004, 02:10:02 AM »

I think it's just plain sad. I mean, even though he has severe emotional problems, Axl is (or atleast was) such a charismatic, almost mesmorizing frontman and with Duff and Slash behind him there was always magic on stage. It's such a shame that it all went down the toilet. Velvet Revolver is pretty good, but it just ain't the same. I'll still choose them over Axl's new freakshow anyday...

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
GnRnorway
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2004, 01:38:17 PM »

it seems like everyboady has seen the show, but us suckers that live in Norway havent. Why? because the Tv channels here are shitty and dont send any good music documentarys, accually, no music documentarys. Anyboady that know if i can download the show anywhere?

And...

Why isnt "in the ring" performed at any concert? Or as a music video? Can find it live anywhere and that song rocks!!

GnR 4 life!

I hope Ch.D. does arrive in the stores in nov!!!!

Please reply

Pat
MsDuffMckagan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2004, 06:03:55 PM »

I think it's just plain sad. I mean, even though he has severe emotional problems, Axl is (or atleast was) such a charismatic, almost mesmorizing frontman and with Duff and Slash behind him there was always magic on stage. It's such a shame that it all went down the toilet. Velvet Revolver is pretty good, but it just ain't the same. I'll still choose them over Axl's new freakshow anyday...

I agree without Slash and Duff it just seems kind of....wrong. Axl is the frontman and the "voice" of GnR, but still..its diffrent,
Erin
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2004, 09:59:46 PM »

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/behind_the_music/81346/episode_poll_template.jhtml?place=dyn_behind_the_music&pollid=guns

Vote Give You're Thoughts.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #224 on: September 02, 2004, 11:58:02 PM »

it seems like everyboady has seen the show, but us suckers that live in Norway havent. Why? because the Tv channels here are shitty and dont send any good music documentarys, accually, no music documentarys. Anyboady that know if i can download the show anywhere?

Try here:
http://win.thegunsonline.com/download/video/OldGnrVideos/GunsNRosesBehindTheMusic.mpg

hmm..I hope i didn't piss anybody off by posting that..

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #225 on: September 06, 2004, 06:57:23 AM »

I'll still choose them over Axl's new freakshow anyday...

Whenever I notice someone calling the new lineup a freakshow, I can't help but think of some old grandpa, sitting in his rocking chair, going "Oh the youth of today, back when I was young..."

Just an image I get.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2004, 12:54:36 AM »

Try here:
http://win.thegunsonline.com/download/video/OldGnrVideos/GunsNRosesBehindTheMusic.mpg

hmm..I hope i didn't piss anybody off by posting that..

Dude.....That was fucking awesome!!! Thanks!

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #227 on: September 16, 2004, 05:07:50 PM »

I have to say it was cool to see the old interviews, see the rise and fall, but it was a shame axl and manmy other weren't there.. One thing it did show was that when it came time to make a new album  the band was not on the same page..

I did like how slash said on mutual terms a reunion would be possible, he seemed serious because we know they'd get a massive payday as a group for this..

I agreed with alot of what matt had to say.. I also think there is some truth to what the dude from rolling stone said about making something relavent for the times, but it just kept getting away from axl.. No doubt in my mind we were suppose to see stuff alot sooner, you just don't do a single for End of Days and then make another apperance at a few shows and be missing since 2002 with no real word..

It's a real shame they couldn't compromise, they could have just tried eachother's ideas with different albums.. SOme people are big fans of rockers, some like ballads more, and so on..

It would have been nice to have someone apart of the show on the outside likey tracy  &  roberta.. At least all the members but axl... Wasn't a good show, should have been 2 hours..
bryceaxl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: September 21, 2004, 11:47:29 AM »

Does anyone wanna sell me a copy of this cus i dont have vh1:(B

thanks a lot
Bryce
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #229 on: September 21, 2004, 11:49:05 AM »

Does anyone wanna sell me a copy of this cus i dont have vh1:(B

thanks a lot
Bryce

look 3-4 posts above your message and you'll see a link to the download..  ok

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
bryceaxl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: September 21, 2004, 01:28:45 PM »

I cant download it i tried but i just cant
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2004, 05:11:21 PM »

ME NEITHER

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2004, 07:12:19 PM »

ME NEITHER
Hey dude, we can talk about it! I have it.

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2004, 11:30:01 AM »

for those who wanted the images used on the btm of axl 2002, i will extract those pictures as soon as i get home today so expect them posted here by the end of the day..  ok

edit: sorry.. had to reformat my pc today.. lost all data.. gotta reinstall the software n stuff.. but i will have those pictures for u all.. (unless its illegal to rip stuff out of vh1 shows.. can anyone tell me if its ok or not?)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 07:06:06 PM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: October 02, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »

I'll still choose them over Axl's new freakshow anyday...

Whenever I notice someone calling the new lineup a freakshow, I can't help but think of some old grandpa, sitting in his rocking chair, going "Oh the youth of today, back when I was young..."

Just an image I get.
How do you wanna call them? Guns & Roses.  They aren't Guns and Roses.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #235 on: October 03, 2004, 04:54:14 PM »

VH 1 Europe will air the show on the 28&29th of october

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: October 05, 2004, 07:45:36 PM »

Slash told it the way it was basically, so all you Axl guys can stick it.

Huh ?Roll Eyes
stick what?
Slash/Stevn/Izzy/Duff were raging alocoholics and junkies.
thats what were supposed to 'stick'?
I'd rather be an alcoholic and a junkie than a fuckin' dictator asshole saying lies everywhere he goes.
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: October 05, 2004, 08:13:42 PM »

Guns and Roses started as a band the day these five guys got together.

Hollywood Roses were Hollywood Roses, LA Guns were LA Guns,two very different bands,so stop the crap.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #238 on: October 05, 2004, 08:38:59 PM »

GN'R existed before Slash joined.

He replaced Tracii Guns who was fired for not showing up for a rehearsal or something.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2004, 10:19:40 PM »

GN'R existed before Slash joined.

He replaced Tracii Guns who was fired for not showing up for a rehearsal or something.

/jarmo
Tracii didn't last too long,a few months,he didn't get fire,he opted to reform L.A. Guns,he never recorded a song as a gunner either,that doesn't count. What I meant was the real deal and the real deal everybody knows who they are.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: