Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:51:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash & Axl
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Axl  (Read 4774 times)
youngerformofaxl
« on: July 11, 2004, 10:47:58 PM »

I was checking out the Velvet Revolver section and once again Slash said in a n interview that "Axl only had 2 tracks with vocals" even though he hasn't been with the band since 1996. Also, he was saying that Axl has been saying the same thing since 1993: "That Chinese Democracy will be coming out."  

Now, personally, I know there are more than 2 songs with vocals and that chinese democracy will come out whether it's this november or not. It seems stupid that A) Axl Rose would make a press release on March 30th saying a release date would be announced in a few months and B) That both Tommy Stinson and Dizzy Reed would claim that it's pretty much finished.

So, what do you guys think? Do you think that Slash is just saying this to piss Axl off? Or to discourage us fans?
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 10:53:33 PM »

I realize that, I just needed to vent.

And, of course I wanted to see how other people felt about this.
Evolution
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 11:04:18 PM »

i think he was taken out of context( i.e he said it as a joke)

or

he was doing to discourage us
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 12:24:00 AM »

So, what do you guys think? Do you think that Slash is just saying this to piss Axl off? Or to discourage us fans?
WHo cares what SLash says regarding CD. HE has no idea whats going on with the band. People that have worked with the band dont know whats going on with the band. what makes you think Slash has a clue?

When GNR release the album and its "worst" song is much better than CB best song we'll see if he keeps talking. Till then, let him crack his jokes and smirks. Hes allowed to, remember hes released an album.

Enough of that this is called CockerRoach Soup.....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 12:48:51 AM »

Slash does not know when to shut up but its fine, because once CD finally comes out he will shit his pants and he will be kicking himself he ever left Axl.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
darkmonth
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 05:53:31 AM »

drool

no Dave...

he wont.  

YOU will be kicking YOURself that he left Wink

Grin  ok Roll Eyes
SADIS
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 06:39:28 AM »

Slash does not know when to shut up but its fine, because once CD finally comes out he will shit his pants and he will be kicking himself he ever left Axl.

You should know when to shut up.

Since no one in the "nu" band has ever delivered anything worth mentioning, and Slash and the other guys in VR have, I think you are a bit too big mouthed. Axl is great and I still thinks he's the best, but he wasn't the only one writing songs, especially on AFD. So you just wait and see what he delivers and THEN you can shout out about how bad VR is.

Do you even own a copy of AFD? It's hard to imagine that someone who's got one says stupid shit like you are doing now.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 08:24:46 AM »

Since no one in the "nu" band has ever delivered anything worth mentioning, and Slash and the other guys in VR have, I think you are a bit too big mouthed. Axl is great and I still thinks he's the best, but he wasn't the only one writing songs, especially on AFD. So you just wait and see what he delivers and THEN you can shout out about how bad VR is.

Do you even own a copy of AFD? It's hard to imagine that someone who's got one says stupid shit like you are doing now.

And for you to open your mouth was hilarious.  You obviously have never opened your one sided music mentality and have even listened to anything the new members have produced.  Brain has been on albums that your feeble mind could not even comprehend.  Tommy's work with the Replacements was good even though it's not my bag of tea.  Fortus has worked with numerous top selling acts.  I suggest you should try speaking from your mouth instead of your anus.  It may then come out more coherent.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 10:00:41 AM »

calm down guys! Everyone has theyr own taste. Be Positive, that we have 2 big bands now! To follow and support! VR are doing things great now! And im absolut positive that GNR also will..!  beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
SADIS
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2004, 10:07:12 AM »

And for you to open your mouth was hilarious.  You obviously have never opened your one sided music mentality and have even listened to anything the new members have produced.  Brain has been on albums that your feeble mind could not even comprehend.  Tommy's work with the Replacements was good even though it's not my bag of tea.  Fortus has worked with numerous top selling acts.  I suggest you should try speaking from your mouth instead of your anus.  It may then come out more coherent.

It's nice to see you had fun reading my post. But I stick to what I have said. If it was that great it would have reached me. The only way I've heard of them is via GNR. And GNR had never any trouble reaching me. And yeah, they might have worked with top-selling acts. But they have never been one. Unlike Slash, Duff or Scott.

I myself would never play in Guns N Roses, even if I was asked by Axl himself. You just don't do that, you respect the legend GNR is. I could never play the tunes Slash made up. I would feel like being in a karaoke band. To me, if you'd know music, you just wouldn't. But hey, I'm just a narrow-minded stupid European. Who thinks of the new GNR as a bunch of clowns.

But I still hope they will prove me wrong.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 02:08:02 PM »

"Now, personally, I know there are more than 2 songs with vocals and that chinese democracy will come out whether it's this november or not."

How do you know this? Everyone brings up Brian May and him hearing all these songs when he did some work for Axl (what, a year ago at least)...how do we know that "Mr. Perfectionist" didn't trash this stuff...we don't know...plain and simple...I hope the record comes out too, but like you're boy said, I have a better shot at meeting Jesus.... Grin

"It seems stupid that
A) Axl Rose would make a press release on March 30th saying a release date would be announced in a few months and
B) That both Tommy Stinson and Dizzy Reed would claim that it's pretty much finished."

First off, Axl says lots of things...talk is cheap...and some of his rants from 2002, were derogatory and stupid with regard to the original lineup of the band, so just chalk up Slash's "little bit" of acid as Mr. Perfectionist reaping a bit of what he sowed...

So, what do you guys think? Do you think that Slash is just saying this to piss Axl off? Or to discourage us fans

Axl can discourage fans all by himself, he certainly doesn't need Slash's assistance. Just sounds like Slash is really, really over being asked about GNR and Axl, that's all. Grin
Midnight
Opening Act

I'll get back to you...

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2004, 04:07:48 PM »

Or maybe Slash was telling it like it was before he left.   Why must everything be looked at and twisted into a dig at Axl from Slash, or a dig at Slash from Axl?   It is a load of crap and some people need to get a clue, Slash and Axl are doing their own thing and have been for years.   It is only certain "fans" of whoever who like to think they have a reason to diss whoever they don't like.

Velvet Revolver have an album out, so I dare say Slash hasn't been spending as much time talking about the past as people would like you to believe...he is getting on with his life.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 04:09:00 PM by Midnight » Logged

After thinking long and hard, this is what I came up with...
SlashFan
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2004, 11:54:22 PM »

Or maybe Slash was telling it like it was before he left.   Why must everything be looked at and twisted into a dig at Axl from Slash, or a dig at Slash from Axl?   It is a load of crap and some people need to get a clue, Slash and Axl are doing their own thing and have been for years.   It is only certain "fans" of whoever who like to think they have a reason to diss whoever they don't like.

Velvet Revolver have an album out, so I dare say Slash hasn't been spending as much time talking about the past as people would like you to believe...he is getting on with his life.

Now this is a point that I have been trying to make.I don't think Slash worries about what Axl is doing,just like Axl probably doesn't care what Slash is doing.I like VR and I am a GN'R fan,there's no rule saying that I can't like both bands.
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2004, 02:16:53 AM »

Since no one in the "nu" band has ever delivered anything worth mentioning, and Slash and the other guys in VR have, I think you are a bit too big mouthed. Axl is great and I still thinks he's the best, but he wasn't the only one writing songs, especially on AFD. So you just wait and see what he delivers and THEN you can shout out about how bad VR is. Do you even own a copy of AFD? It's hard to imagine that someone who's got one says stupid shit like you are doing now.

Anyone here play guitar?

Break down Slash's guitar parts into 8-note figures and you'll realize his "songwriting" consists of two things:
1) Taking riffs from 25+ years ago
2) Slightly altering the timing (without changing ANY of the notes)

It really is a direct cut and paste. This is one of the main things that has always held back Appetite/Illusions when compared in a historical context.

With Buckethead gone, it will be interesting to see if New GN'R can find a replacement that comes close to matching Slash's performance skills. But as far as Slash's songwriting contributions are concerned, they are easily replaceable.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2004, 02:33:49 AM »

Now this is a point that I have been trying to make.I don't think Slash worries about what Axl is doing,just like Axl probably doesn't care what Slash is doing.I like VR and I am a GN'R fan,there's no rule saying that I can't like both bands.

Very true I like All kinds of Rock and/or Roll. I am glad to have rock that has some great guitar work and not Distored Drop D rock that has no guitarwork

Nothing wrong with liking both VR and GNR

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 02:32:15 PM »

"Now, personally, I know there are more than 2 songs with vocals and that chinese democracy will come out whether it's this november or not."

How do you know this? Everyone brings up Brian May and him hearing all these songs when he did some work for Axl (what, a year ago at least)...how do we know that "Mr. Perfectionist" didn't trash this stuff...we don't know...plain and simple...I hope the record comes out too, but like you're boy said, I have a better shot at meeting Jesus.... Grin

"It seems stupid that
A) Axl Rose would make a press release on March 30th saying a release date would be announced in a few months and
B) That both Tommy Stinson and Dizzy Reed would claim that it's pretty much finished."

First off, Axl says lots of things...talk is cheap...and some of his rants from 2002, were derogatory and stupid with regard to the original lineup of the band, so just chalk up Slash's "little bit" of acid as Mr. Perfectionist reaping a bit of what he sowed...

So, what do you guys think? Do you think that Slash is just saying this to piss Axl off? Or to discourage us fans

Axl can discourage fans all by himself, he certainly doesn't need Slash's assistance. Just sounds like Slash is really, really over being asked about GNR and Axl, that's all. Grin

And, just who is my boy?

I know there are more than 2 tracks with vocals on them because Axl performed more than 2 songs that were new.

I know that Chinese Democracy will come out eventually because sometimes you just have a strong amount of faith in something and this is one of those things for me.

However, I will agree with you that Slash is being over-asked about CD.
Midnight
Opening Act

I'll get back to you...

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2004, 04:19:17 PM »

Exactly, I loved Guns N' Roses (Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Adler/Sorum) and that is never going to change.   As for Axl and the new members, I don't like them carrying the name Guns N' Roses but that won't effect my judging of them musically.   If they release an album I won't buy it right off the mark, I might but it ain't likely because I'll wanna hear tracks off it first.   With only Axl remaining from the line up that I loved so much I can't be sure I'm gonna dig the different sound.

Velvet Revolver only got my attention because of ex Gn'R members, and I was waiting for the album for a good few months.   I love the album, it is a breath of fresh air in todays music industry that is full of garbage.

I like Velvet Revolver, and shock horror I still listen to my old Guns N' Roses albums. Shocked Grin   I don't feel any desire to bash either band, and I don't see why anyone would want too.   The bashing of Axl and Slash is just beyond me, just because they are no longer together doesn't mean you have to choose one...it ain't like a divorce were you pick one to go with for crying out loud.   Axl and Slash will forever be legends to me.

After thinking long and hard, this is what I came up with...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: