Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:13:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Thoughts about the UYI DVD's (was "Live DVD")
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thoughts about the UYI DVD's (was "Live DVD")  (Read 10443 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2004, 10:04:40 AM »

I don't know why everyone keeps acting like releasing a "NuGnR" DVD was ever a consideration.

Well, actually it was.

They were going to release the HOB show in Japan.

Then it was mysteriously cancelled....
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2004, 10:40:44 AM »

That wasn't being released by Geffen it was by a Japanese company.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2004, 10:46:34 AM »

That wasn't being released by Geffen it was by a Japanese company.

No, it was an official release.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2004, 11:38:51 AM »

I could be wrong but I was always under the impression that the Vegas DVD was a bootleg, along the lines of the "Sex Drugs and Rock and Roll" DVD. I could swear that around mid 2001 it came out that it was a Japanese company distributing it.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2004, 11:48:11 AM »

"Guns N' Roses' New Years Eve show at the House Of Blues in Las Vegas is scheduled to be released to the Japanese market Sept. 21 on DVD and video.
The recording runs 140 minutes and features the 20-track set list, including four new songs from the GNR's (supposedly) forthcoming new album, Chinese Democracy."
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=391

That's all I could find.. I read more about it someplace else though
--------------
AMAZON.CO.JP to offer the DVD or VHS "Live in Vegas 2001" concert

Sale date is 2001/12/05
At present it is in reservation acceptance.

Performance: Live In Vegas 2001 and other things

Edition:
. DVD (2001/12/05)
. Region 2 (for Japan, Europe and Middle East)
. Universal music - ASIN: B00005NRUL
Concerning specification please click here.

Amazon.co.jp sale ranking: 308

Release information:
Selling agency: Universal music
Sale day: 2001/12/05
Time: 140 minutes

http://mygnr.com/news/2001/011111_1.html
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 11:50:33 AM by AdZ » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2004, 11:53:01 AM »

cool, thats all I needed.........Let me sit down, it's easier to stick my foot in my mouth from down here.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2004, 12:10:31 AM »

No, what sucks is that fucking 15 minute drum solo.

Is there ever a need for a 15 minute drum solo anytime? I don't think I would want to see one even if it had Don Henely, Dave Grohl, Tommy Lee all working one big drum set. They could of added 2 or 3 other songs in its spot. Its the WEAKEST part of either DVD.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2004, 08:44:31 AM »

I know this has been discussed here before, but I don't remember the final verdict: so when Axl comes back onstage before Sweet Child, is the white stuff on his face a) coke b) makeup or c) something else?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2004, 08:54:15 AM »

Is there ever a need for a 15 minute drum solo anytime? I don't think I would want to see one even if it had Don Henely, Dave Grohl, Tommy Lee all working one big drum set. They could of added 2 or 3 other songs in its spot. Its the WEAKEST part of either DVD.

Two words;

John Bonham.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2004, 10:18:36 AM »

Two words;

John Bonham.

Wise words...

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2004, 12:41:18 PM »

The HOB DVD was indeed official and was to be released by Universal Japan. No "outside Japan" release was ever planned though. The sad thing is that those DVDs must be stored somewhere in Japan in some warehouse but no one knows where, and maybe they have been destroyed. It's been 3 years already...

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2004, 09:14:49 PM »

The HOB DVD was indeed official and was to be released by Universal Japan. No "outside Japan" release was ever planned though. The sad thing is that those DVDs must be stored somewhere in Japan in some warehouse but no one knows where, and maybe they have been destroyed. It's been 3 years already...

Don't you think it would be fucking great to get your hands on one of those dvd's....I know I would be one happy son of a bitch

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2004, 12:58:22 AM »

How close to the relate date was it before the DVD's were dropped. If it was cancelled close the the release date one would assume they have to be hidden somewhere or in storage.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
SlashFan
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2004, 01:57:18 AM »

No, what sucks is that fucking 15 minute drum solo.

:hihi:That was fucking funny rofl
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2004, 09:51:38 AM »

How close to the relate date was it before the DVD's were dropped. If it was cancelled close the the release date one would assume they have to be hidden somewhere or in storage.

I know everything about this DVD, it's a the Saint Graal for me! Grin

It was first set to be released on Sep. 21, 2001, thru HMV Japan. They even said on their website that the DVD would come with a sticker and a bandana (!). The DVD's reference number is: AEBR-1003. On Sep. 13, 2001, HMV told its customers that the DVD was postponed to an unkown release date. They even said in their email that the item "could be released when the new album is released (the sooner would be Dec. 2001)". [that's why I always kinda thought that if Chinese Democracy is released, the DVD will make an appearance...]

Early Nov. 2001, Amazon Japan added the DVD to their website. It was then due to be released on Dec. 5, 2001. [look at a screenshot I made then on Amazon Japan: screenshot - I added French translations in red for my site]. On Dec. 5, 2001, Amazon updated the DVD's page saying it would be delivered in "2 to 3 days". A few hours later, the DVD completely disappeared from the website, like it never existed.

On Feb. 12, 2002, the DVD made a comeback on a French online store (www.fnac.com), as a japanese import. On Apr. 15, 2002, the DVD was made unavailable...once again.

Since the appearance in 2002, we never heard about that DVD anywhere on the web, which is kinda weird, because one would have thought the DVD would have leaked sometime, but nope. The DVD seems to have been produced between february and august 2001. It's always been a Japan-only DVD (& VHS) release. Interscope Records never talked about it (no press release like for the official DVDs and the Greatest Hits), no band member ever talked about it either.

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2004, 12:03:50 PM »

I don't like the female horn section, and I don't like Tracey and Roberta!

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Ted Nugent
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2004, 07:49:15 PM »

I don't like the female horn section, and I don't like Tracey and Roberta!

Well, I don't like Teddy.  ok
badapple81
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2004, 08:38:54 PM »

The UYI DVDs really don't give fans that are REALLY into GN'R a good idea of what the GN'R world was all about at the time. It was chaotic, unpredictable and the hype was amazing. Perhaps something like Chicago 92 would have summed it all up. I mean Axl telling his fans to 'shut the fuck up' just sums up the nerve, edge and attitude of Axl!

Of course in Japan, the atmosphere just wasn't there, the interaction between the crowd and band on whatever various issues was bothering Axl wasn't going to happen at a place where they probably couldn't understand what he was saying.

And it would be really nice if Universal Australia would have done what most people would consider fairly basic, and tested the DVDs before releasing. Although I was pleased to finally be able to press a single button to skip past the tedious drum solo, the whole experience is ruined when the DVD mutes out constantly throughout, especially toward the end during Rocket Queen, Estranged and Paradise City  rant

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2004, 10:43:48 PM »

Aerosmith explained the Japanese crowds in their autobio by saying Japanese fans are normally very quiet because they don't want to miss a thing (like that?)......so they don't make a lot of noise. In reality, they're as much a fan as anyone else, but they just aren't noisey...........

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Layko
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2004, 12:30:16 AM »

AIN'T IT FUN WHEN SPECTATORS FROM THE AUDIENCE GET ON STAGE AND FUCK WITH THE EQUIPMENT?!!!!!!!!

I actually like the Tokyo DVD.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: