Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 04:28:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228033 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver's next album
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver's next album  (Read 24161 times)
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2004, 09:28:12 PM »

Why Don't You Just FUCK OFF uber gay??? when did this turn into an Avril Lavigne board?

rofl

The day she became more badass than Axl.  What was that ... like 7 years ago now??   hihi

You have to admit that line is pretty fucking bad.  I mean there are some bad lyrics in the world, but "Why don't you just ... FUCK OFF!" is probably the least imaginative lyric I've ever heard.  "Somebody raped my tapeworm abortion" looks like Shakespere next to that.   rofl

To each their own.  I, unlike my friend K-Rock, am hoping for some UYI style tunes on CD as well as songs that sound like some of the btter AFD songs.  Based on what we have heard, I think it will sound closer to UYI than AFD.

-TyRod-
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2004, 10:01:10 PM »

Just read this whole thread.....

I see you sittin on that computer chair...you think your so cool.....why dont u just fuk offffffffffff

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2004, 11:02:27 PM »

Not to add fuel to the fire here, but it is my OPINION that songs like 'Anything Goes' and "You're Crazy, and "Think About You" could not have even made it onto Contraband because of really how bad they are.? I agree with the poster that is sick of people putting AFD on this huge pedestal.? It is a great album, but it is not flawless.? And some of the songs just reek of 1980's hair band like "Out ta Get Me" and parts of "It's So Easy" <------ namely the whole "Why don't you just FUCK OFF" part which is uber-gay.
As for lyrics...well I'll just say that if Axl would spend less time trying put out this deeply meaningful album, and more time rocking like he did with AFD, we would already have a kickass album by now.? I mean who the fuck listens to Rock and Roll to discover some deep meaning?? That's crazy talk folks.? ?ok

Contraband is excellent.? Their next effort will be even better IMO.

-TyRod-

I've wanted to bring this up for a while now, but when Axl says, during Double Talkin' Jive, "you dig, what i'm saying, home fuck", i cringe every single time. the song fucking rules, but "home fuck"Huh!!! is he kidding? not only is that soooo dated, but i don't even really think "home fuck" was ever something people said or that caught on. but its very very lame and kills the song for me. also, the part on Get In The Ring (which i also love love love) where the announcer voice says "and weighing in at 850 pounds, Guns N Roses!"  Roll Eyes

that's all i wanted to say about that.  Grin

Actually Home Fuck was just added live, and isnt on the album

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2004, 12:02:59 AM »

^^^ either way, it's embarassing.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2004, 03:09:58 AM »

Why Don't You Just FUCK OFF uber gay??? when did this turn into an Avril Lavigne board?

rofl

The day she became more badass than Axl.? What was that ... like 7 years ago now??? ?hihi

You have to admit that line is pretty fucking bad.
Errr....No i don't you could say Avril Lavigne sucked but i would not have to agree.....i bet she does though hihi
As for that line being bad i disagree i feel it represented the band and their attitude of their time telling everyone else to fuck off hell it may of been directed at Poison [who i have no problem] with telling them where to go, especially since the likes of Axl & Co. killed those really 'cool' hair bands.  As for Shakespeare hell you could examine so many lines i mean it's merely one line don't get me started examining Contraband line for line....

Anyway back on topic i hope the second album is better maybe it was how they said Contraband would shake up the music industry or at least that's what they wanted to do hype like that left me feeling let down to an extent yes i like the album but it's just another rock album in my collection in years to come it has no especially great factors that will make me think shit that was a great album im gonna stick it on wheareas certain other albums which i won't mention [to avoid more arguments about AFD v Contraband] do have these factors yes
K-Rock
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2004, 12:59:46 PM »

To each their own.? I, unlike my friend K-Rock, am hoping for some UYI style tunes on CD as well as songs that sound like some of the btter AFD songs.? Based on what we have heard, I think it will sound closer to UYI than AFD.

-TyRod-

Well dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians..........

Dear TyRod,

THANK YOU!? It is refreshing to see somebody disagree with me without having to:

a) Insult me
b) Insinuate that your opinion means me more than mine
c) Incorrectly quote me
d) Remind me of jmv-cure (aka, The Great One: the often banned antagonist)

Sincerely,
K-Rock
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2004, 01:26:26 PM »

OK, quick fly by weigh in:

AFD fucking rules.

Contraband fucking rules (especially after the first 5 tracks).

Both albums have EXACTLY 5 tracks that I consider weaker than the rest of the respective material on the albums...Contraband just happens to jam them into the first 5, AFD spreads them out.  Notice I said "weaker than the rest", not weak.  I'd still rather listen to any of those 10 songs (5 on CB, 5 on AFD) than 95% of the shit on the radio.

Comparing two albums based on differing opinions is assinine.  It's just going to lead to arguing, hard feelings, and pointless droning.  Nobody is going to change anyones mind.  Live and let die, and all that...

If you REALLY want to get into a pissing contest, look at sales figures.  They're more concrete than opinions, but about as valuable.  hihi

EVERY song on Contraband is better than GnR's worst Track.  Contraband > My World.  Period.  End of argument. Smiley  It is the one and only GnR "song" (term used loosely) that I refuse to listen to.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2004, 01:31:20 PM »

Well dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians..........

Dear TyRod,

THANK YOU!? It is refreshing to see somebody disagree with me without having to:

a) Insult me
b) Insinuate that your opinion means me more than mine
c) Incorrectly quote me
d) Remind me of jmv-cure (aka, The Great One: the often banned antagonist)

Sincerely,
K-Rock

You're welcome.   ok

As you surely know K-Rock, some of the more ridiculous posters here wear their prejudice on their sleeves and it makes them look rather ignorant at times.  Some of these people are so blinded by their allegiance to Axl that they lose their perspective.  I get a kick out of coming on here and seeing someone like younggunner post a negative review of VR.  It actually made me laugh out loud.  When CD hits in 2005 (let's face it, a November 2004 release date ain't happening), there will be 20 negative reviews to every good one.  There is no denying that.  It will happen whether the album is great or bad just because it took so long to finish and because Axl makes himself an easy target.  Will people like younggunner, dave and Izzy post those negative reviews in the GNR section?  I don't think so.   They will just dismiss those negative reviews as people who have an agenda against Axl.  It is inevitable.  IMO it becomes a matter of intellectual integrity.  And, sadly, that is lacking with some of the more fan-boyish posters here.  The sad part is that some of the worse offenders are also some of the people with the most posts here. Sad

-TyRod-
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2004, 02:20:50 PM »

I get a kick out of coming on here and seeing someone like younggunner post a negative review of VR
If I came across a positive review, I would have posted it...and if I did would you be saying the same thing?

Why do people post negative gnr articles?
`
there will be 20 negative reviews to every good one.  There is no denying that.
It depends. If the review is about Axls braids...I disregard it, if its about the actual music then I accept it. And I wont go to great lengths to disregard a journalist. WHo gives a fuck. Its a review. If I and my fellow die hard fans on this board like it, thats all I care about.

Will people like younggunner, dave and Izzy post those negative reviews in the GNR section?  I don't think so.
Nope I'll leave that job for the people who come to a GNr board and want to see this band fail.

IMO it becomes a matter of intellectual integrity.  And, sadly, that is lacking with some of the more fan-boyish posters here.  The sad part is that some of the worse offenders are also some of the people with the most posts here.

Lets disect the culture we have here at the board:
During the 2002 tour, the majority of the reviews were about Axl and his braids, and the band because theres no slash. Very rarely were there reviews about the actual show. All articles about GNr are usually negative.

Now.,....when a fan of the new band such as myself attempts to defend a ridiculous article, he gets pounced on by the "objective" peopel that lurk here. Usually get labeled a nutswinger, someone who cant accept the fact that newgnr will never be accepted, etc.
 Now keep in mind this took place day in and day out for years.
When I came to this board, I came to support the new band. Not settle old scores or be objective. Im a fan of a rock band.
There are bands out there that I hate, but some of their songs are good.. DO I go to their fan sites and try to bring objectivity to that site? Hell no. WHo cares. If you like a band you like a band.

Im not saying you cant critisize gnr. BUt at the same time when I point out things baout VR its only because the "objective" peopel around here pointed out the most stupidist shit years ago. Everything the new band did was under microscope. And thats totally fine.
 Now it seems normal to me to post a negative article about Vr because we have to be objective around here dont we?

Im sorry VR or SLash doesnt inspire me like Axl and the new band do. I cant help or control that. Im sorry I dont look at SLash as a victim. Im sorry I dont get wrapped up in the bullshit rumors and delays.

CB was a descent effort. But for god sakes I stopped listening to it after like 2 weeks. HAvnt touched it since. To me its boring. The only 2 songs that I truly rock out to are slither and YGNR.

When its all said and done, I know that fucked up band known as GNr will produce. I know they have invested everything they have musically into it. And as a fan thats all I can ask for.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2004, 03:58:28 PM »

Will people like younggunner, dave and Izzy post those negative reviews in the GNR section??

Lol, read my review of Contraband

I gave it 8/10 - this is what i wrote

Damn this album

Each time i listen to it it seems to get so much better

When i first heard it i would have given it a 6/10, now its an 8/10

Scott's not great and the production still seems wrong but its a good album overal - we're not talking a masterpiece by any means but its a good slice of rock n' roll to tide us over until Chinese Democracy

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=12819.160

Looks negative to me hihi

If i am so blinded in my allegiance to Axl why do i write so highly of Contraband and the band in general?

I like all but one song off the album but simply believe the production is a bit off and the lyrics are...well.......they work with the song but they are gibberish Undecided

I don't see any 'average songs' on either AFD or Contraband...just the one horrifically bad one - the rest are top notch

Now about me being blinded by my loyalty to Axl?

Read ur posts and then mine - ur the one that believes there are a series of average songs off Contraband, i think its all great - lol, i seem to like the album more than u yet i'm the Axl fanatic hihi
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 04:04:07 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2004, 04:04:36 PM »

Will people like younggunner, dave and Izzy post those negative reviews in the GNR section?? I don't think so.
Nope I'll leave that job for the people who come to a GNr board and want to see this band fail.

Great.  So you want to see VR fail.  ok

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2004, 04:13:06 PM »

Great.  So you want to see VR fail.
Yes, so much so I bought the album the day it came out and payed 80 bucks to go see them. I figure if I give them money they will fail.

I came across the article and I posted it. SImple as that. I wasnt on any hunt to find a negative review. It was there so I posted it. If it was positive I would have posted it as well.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2004, 04:17:04 PM »

Great.? So you want to see VR fail.
Yes, so much so I bought the album the day it came out and payed 80 bucks to go see them. I figure if I give them money they will fail.

U bastard! What a diabolical plan! hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GNRisAFD
Headliner

« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2004, 06:40:44 PM »

Contraband doesn't even deserve to be in AFD's shadow and i'd get more enjoyment listening to Estranged than the whole of CB.

No one will remember CB in 10 years time because its just another rock album, and to compare it to one of the greatest hard rock records of all time is ludicrous. People are saying these ridiculous things to paint VR in a better light, i don't know why they feel the need to do this but its becoming rather silly.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2004, 11:16:34 PM »

dude it's rather simple...most normal human beings grow out of phases. The impact GN'R has had on our lives will never be repeated by another band but at this present time it's refreshing to hear good new material from the gunners.

AT THIS PRESENT TIME
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2004, 03:48:06 AM »

Great.? So you want to see VR fail.

I came across the article and I posted it. SImple as that. I wasnt on any hunt to find a negative review. It was there so I posted it. If it was positive I would have posted it as well.

1. You posted a very negative article on Contraband.
2. You said you won't post negative reviews on Axl's record, because its those people's job who come to a GN'R board to see the band fail.
3. You seem to be doing the job posting negative articles on Contraband, so according to your logic you wanna see VR fail.

Nuff said. The day you'll post a negative article on Chinese Democracy (well, I don't know if soon is the word) and a good one on Contraband, I'll believe what you wrote.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2004, 11:11:44 AM »

2. You said you won't post negative reviews on Axl's record, because its those people's job who come to a GN'R board to see the band fail.
Yes, as soon as a negative article is out, the great peopel we have at the boards make it their duty to post it. Afterall we need objectivity here at the boards. So why should I even bother?

3. You seem to be doing the job posting negative articles on Contraband, so according to your logic you wanna see VR fail.
I could careless either way. If they do well, great good for them, if they fail, better luck next time. If they produce something that appeals to me, I wouldnt hate on it just becuase its VR. I was listening to StP long before gnr. I ave no agenda towards Weiland. BUt imo, overall it didnt work with the new guys. Scott is at his best with STp. and Slash is at his best with gnr.
Nuff said.
I agree  ok

Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2004, 11:22:07 PM »

For those of you who like Contraband: Good for you, it's good that you enjoy it.
For those of you who think Contraband > AFD: www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: