Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 08:49:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver's next album
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver's next album  (Read 24166 times)
RichardNixon
« on: August 04, 2004, 08:47:57 PM »

My guess is it will come out in 2006 and will be a tighter, better collection of songs than "Contraband," which is still excellent.

Here's my one suggestion: Dump Dave Kushner and get Izzy. hihi peace ok
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 10:17:40 PM »

My guess is it will come out in 2006 and will be a tighter, better collection of songs than "Contraband," which is still excellent.

Why dump dave? he is awesome!You know izzy won't work with a singer after what happened in his GN'R days
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 11:20:56 PM »

Dump Dave? so you totally hate contraband? Dave was very important to the sound acheived by the band

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 12:02:02 AM »

Dont dump Dave, he is cool. But get Weiland to sing Izzy songs, VR needs a dosis of Izzy  smoking
RichardNixon
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 04:51:38 AM »

Dump Dave? so you totally hate contraband? Dave was very important to the sound acheived by the band

Where did I say I hate "Contraband"? Dave is cool, nothing wrong with him. But there is only one Izzy Stradlin. IMHO, he's like the Bob Dylan of hard rock. Just listen to "River" and "Ride On."
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 07:38:29 AM »

Where did I say I hate "Contraband"? Dave is cool, nothing wrong with him. But there is only one Izzy Stradlin. IMHO, he's like the Bob Dylan of hard rock. Just listen to "River" and "Ride On."

yeah there's only one Izzy Stradlin...but what does that have to do with Dave Kushner or Velvet Revolver?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 09:37:17 AM »

Yeah no way can you dump Dave he is important 2 VR do you think VR will do something different on there next album?

EEEERRRR Little boy
K-Rock
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 10:20:56 AM »

If Contraband got any "tighter" or "better" it would be as good as AFD.

And why would you dump a good musician who's been described by those in the band as the anchor??

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 10:46:24 AM »

If Contraband got any "tighter" or "better" it would be as good as AFD.

rofl rofl rofl

Yeah sure rofl

Contraband was good but c'mon - its not even close to GNR's worst track

Dave might have been awesome but the production on that album was so poor i struggle to make out his contribution

Better production is a must for the new album - things need to be more distinctive - oh and Scott needs to actually write the lyrics for this one, getting his kids to pen them seems to have backfired big time 'rape my tapeworm abortion' - really, makes Estranged look like shit don't it? hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 12:50:09 PM »

I know what Izzy brings, I've listened to all his solo records. I also know what Dave brings. Dave fits this band well. Izzy is doing just fine as a solo artist who makes unpopular but great solo records for his fans

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
slave2thegrind
Headliner

Duff is the man

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 12:55:54 PM »

I wouldn't go as far as saying that Contraband wasn't as good as GNR's worst track...it was a good album...especially by today's standards.  We're finally seeing some decent rock talent on the charts. 

I do agree that the second album should be produced better...
And for the second album...more crazy Slash solo's...they were good on CB...but not like the Slash of old.

- Mike (The Slave)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 04:12:53 PM »

I don't know why everyone is so hell-bent on AFD. It was a awesome album, and I love it sooo much, if people try to compare it to any other album every they get tossed and made fun of and look down on.

I mean it's great, I prefer Use Your Illusions II over it easy. It's a too similair. UYI2 has more variety.

AFD is great... but I'm not sure on why people put it up on this pedestal. It was the right album with the right band, at the right time. Like Slash said. Very timely. They were something different. Put it out today, and it might sell 2 million copies. Real rock bands can't sell... now in time.

Point? Get off the undisputed AFD talk please? It gets old.

On topic...
I think VR will cough out another album, and I do believe it to be better then COntraband... I hope it will be which will be hard to do though. I think it will come out Late 2005 actually. Which is cool. Go VR!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
RichardNixon
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2004, 11:08:05 PM »

I saw bring in Izzy because he is such a great songwriter. Now that would make VR as cool as shit. But, why bother saying that? There's a better chance of VR getting Kurt Cobain.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2004, 02:30:28 AM »

Izzy is doing just fine as a solo artist who makes unpopular but great solo records for his fans

Thats not actualy true, Izzy's albums have zero promotion, no videos, singles or even a tour - he doesn't even do interviews. Add to that often no more than 10,000 copies are even made and most of them end up in Japan and its seems the lack of sales is much more to do with the fact no one even knows he's producing music - therefore the sales he does manage are truly astounding.

Let's face it - if u weren't a GNR fan would u even know who Izzy was let alone that he did albums?

His album's are very good and i think with some serious promotion they would sell millions - ultimatley his albums are Rolling Stones efforts under another name and judging from their continued success there is a market for that style.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2004, 08:37:23 AM »

I read about a month ago on Channel 4 in the uk. 
Their music teletext service had an interview with Duff
and he said rough ideas were already being demo'd.

I still find Contraband a very good listenable album. 
Although of course for the 2nd album they will have
spent more time together and hopefully that will gel the potential we can see already.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
K-Rock
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2004, 03:19:41 PM »

I seem to remember you throwing around the "opinion" word in another thread.

The phrase 'your opinion' springs to mind. <--------- yep, there it is.......remember that Izzy?

I think Contraband tops UYI I & II.

Dave might have been awesome but the production on that album was so poor i struggle to make out his contribution

I find absolutely nothing wrong with the production on Contraband.

Better production is a must for the new album - things need to be more distinctive - oh and Scott needs to actually write the lyrics for this one, getting his kids to pen them seems to have backfired big time 'rape my tapeworm abortion' - really, makes Estranged look like shit don't it? hihi

I'm not one who cares much about the lyrics.? If it rocks.....it stays in my cd player.? I'm not looking for rock 'n' roll songs with "deep meaning".  But I'm sure if you looked hard enough, there would be some meaningful songs on Contraband.  Good luck with that.
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2004, 03:34:46 PM »

The phrase 'your opinion' springs to mind. <--------- yep, there it is.......remember that Izzy?

I'm not one who cares much about the lyrics.? If it rocks.....it stays in my cd player.? I'm not looking for rock 'n' roll songs with "deep meaning".? But I'm sure if you looked hard enough, there would be some meaningful songs on Contraband.? Good luck with that.

I think that better song-writing would be better rather than better production.

Secondly, Contraband dosen't even come close to UYI I & II.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2004, 04:11:16 PM »

I'm not one who cares much about the lyrics.? If it rocks.....it stays in my cd player.? I'm not looking for rock 'n' roll songs with "deep meaning".? But I'm sure if you looked hard enough, there would be some meaningful songs on Contraband.? Good luck with that.

Lol - shall we go back and forth with the whole ur opinion my opinion stuff? hihi

So u don't care about the lyrics and aren't looking for deep meaning in ur songs - u should try stuff by WASP then rofl So basically ur saying as long as Slash is there and plays some average to good guitar work thats enough? Productions, lyrics etc really are irrlevant to u?

Fair enough - if ur so easily pleased then good for you - i personally need a bit more substance. That ur so easy to please doesn't really lend much credibility to your 'defence' of Contaband - and as for ur GNR bashing - well maybe there too complicated for u?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
K-Rock
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2004, 04:47:43 PM »

Fair enough - if ur so easily pleased then good for you - i personally need a bit more substance.

Maybe cuz you're anal like a Harvard professor

That ur so easy to please doesn't really lend much credibility to your 'defence' of Contaband -

That statement has no substance.? Because I pay more attention to the music itself than lyrics makes my opionion less credible??

and as for ur GNR bashing - well maybe there too complicated for u?

Because I like Contraband more than UYI.......I'm GNR bashing??? Guns N' Roses have been my favorite band since August 1987.? The only complaint I've had was how long it's taken for CD to come out.

You're like a little Chiwawa behind me nipping at my heels anytime I speak highly of VR.? What are you Axl's girlfriend??

Hey, does this insult you or get you panties all bunched up......."If earth vs. the wildhearts was released the same time as AFD......and promoted in the U.S............GNR probably wouldn't have been as big as they are today".?

Contraband, earth vs. the wildhearts, P.H.U.Q.......all better than UYI....in my "less credible" opinion of course.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2004, 05:09:43 PM »

Fair enough - if ur so easily pleased then good for you - i personally need a bit more substance.

Maybe cuz you're anal like a Harvard professor

What a strange remark? Do i respond with 'Your mum'?

Being comapred to a Harvard Professor surely the pinacle of academic excellence is something take as a compliment

That ur so easy to please doesn't really lend much credibility to your 'defence' of Contaband -

That statement has no substance.? Because I pay more attention to the music itself than lyrics makes my opionion less credible??

That the lyrics and production of an album are irrlevant to u certainly does damage ur opinion somewhat....''its got a good guitar solo so sod the other 4mins of the song...'' confused

and as for ur GNR bashing - well maybe there too complicated for u?

Because I like Contraband more than UYI.......I'm GNR bashing??? Guns N' Roses have been my favorite band since August 1987.? The only complaint I've had was how long it's taken for CD to come out.

Lol - we have had this before. Your GNR bashing is the stuff of legend - VR better than GNR live etc etc etc

Contraband, earth vs. the wildhearts, P.H.U.Q.......all better than UYI....in my "less credible" opinion of course.

Sure thing ok

I can't remember how this all started - oh wait, u said Contraband was almost as good as AFD nervous Ur entitled to your opinion - but c'mon that statement's nonsense

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: