Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 09:48:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DO you all feel the time is right, Again??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DO you all feel the time is right, Again??  (Read 3099 times)
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« on: August 18, 2004, 11:02:57 AM »

Personally I thought at the end of the 2002 tour, Axl had to get CD out.  And we waited and waited and waited to hear anything.  Now almost 2 years later Gn'R (any version of it) is getting alot of publicity. (Behind the Music, A2Z, greatest hits sold well)  I think if there was ever a person who has had as many chance at a comeback it is Uncle Axl.  I think and personally see that atleast in name Gn'R are still popular to the masses.  Velvet Revolver's album is doing well and I think CD could sell alot more if this music is better, which it probably will be.  No, this is not a Gn'R/VR debate.  The debate here is we all thought after the 2002 tour it would be hard for Axl to recover, now I think if he just got the album out all would fall into place.  Now is the time, well this year.  What do you think?? Also, as a downer Axl does have alot going against him (using the Gn'R name, the media) But I think the timing is right again and for Axl the Planets are aligning this year.  Who knows??

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
slave2thegrind
Headliner

Duff is the man

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 11:50:18 AM »

I agree...the GNR name is getting alot of hype...releasing the album soon would be a good move

- Mike (The Slave)
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 12:41:36 PM »

gnr IS getting a lot of publicity and gaining a crap load of new fans.. at a different forum that i go to, last april i made a gnr thread and it hardly got any replies but this summer (be it for vh1 or gh) all these people are popping up w/ gnr reladed screen names, sigs, etc.. gnr is more popular now than it was in the last few years.. so if anything should be released, this is the time..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 03:13:17 PM »

The next 6 months would be the most opportune time since 2002
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 03:18:17 PM »

He should strike while the iron is hot. Fuckin release it already. He has created a monster here. All this time has created such huge expectations I don't know if anything could ever match them. That's when you gotta say "fuck it".

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 04:21:09 PM »

It's obvious that Axl is meticulous in staying on top of things when it comes to comments made about him in the press...You can be sure he watched BTM very intently...I've wondered if the comments by the Rolling Stone journalist towards the end of the program lit a fire under his ass...
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 04:24:36 PM »

Nah I didn't think Axl would have the CD bought out the end of 2002 because of the VMA's when he said you'll see it but soon is not the word but November 2004 or early 2005 looks good.

EEEERRRR Little boy
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 04:24:39 PM »

What did the Rolling Stone journalist say?
Ted Nugent
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 04:37:57 PM »

If the album is as good as the songs we have already heard then this would be a good time to release it.  The media will give it alot of attention and compare VR to GN'R and give the new album alot of free publicity.

Axl and Scott will rant about each other at concerts and the media will eat it up.

I'm hoping for some big budget videos like the video for "Estranged" to be all over MTV as well. ok
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2004, 06:12:59 PM »

What did the Rolling Stone journalist say?

Something to the effect of Axl searching for a mythical perfection that is impossible to achieve and that in his quest to keep GNR relevant, Axl has chased fads time and time again, only to see time move on and have those trends change, forcing him to re-evaluate the material...
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2004, 08:12:07 PM »

time has been right for a while but yes gnr has gotten alot of publicity i think that started with the greatest hits doing so well then with the press hype for VR, and because of that vh1 decided to exploit GNR resulting in more publicity fro GNR, as if to uncle Axl will take advantage, I hope so

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: