Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:15:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Welcome To The Videos" DVD mentioned in news article about record sales
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Welcome To The Videos" DVD mentioned in news article about record sales  (Read 3373 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: August 23, 2004, 02:04:31 PM »

Piracy fears sidelined as Brits rediscover love for the CD

August 23 2004
by Jo Best

And pretty much every other music format you can think of

While record execs are quick to trumpet music piracy as being the apocalypse of the industry as we know it, it seems UK music buyers are quietly rediscovering their love for the CD. 

Trade association the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) has discovered that sales of CD singles have shown their first rise in five years, while albums are also showing some upward movement. Sales of CD singles rose by over 15 per cent in the second quarter, with the top seller being F*** It, by R&B expletive-fan Eamon. Album sales were up by nearly four per cent in the second quarter.

---

The general good news for music even extended its reach to the infant format of music DVDs. DVDs now make up around four per cent of all music sales compared to under two per cent a year ago - with Guns N' Roses' tenth anniversary collection Welcome to the Videos shifting most units.

Full article

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lionel Hutz
Attorney-at-law
VIP

In loving memory of Phil Hartman

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 02:17:01 PM »

Haha, that's great.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 02:24:46 PM »

Coupled with the news that the Greatest Hits was one of the best selling albums of this year for Universal, this is decidedly good  ok

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 05:53:59 PM »

Probably one day all the albums will be on DVD only and the bands will have to make videos for all the songs on an album.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 08:00:47 PM »

Probably one day all the albums will be on DVD only and the bands will have to make videos for all the songs on an album.

Hope not, I like listening to music, not watching it
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 06:18:42 AM »

I just bought the "WTTV" DVD for $6.99 at Meijer's.? Said I wasn't gonna get it 'cause I bought the VHS back in '98 but was like "what the hell".? Anyone want to buy the old tape for $0.75?? hihi

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 06:36:50 AM »

If Axl decides to move his ass and to release "Chinese Democracy", Guns n' Roses could become again the biggest Rock n' Roll band in the world pretty easily. Even if it's not the original band, Guns n' Roses 2.0 is a great band and the name is still here (that's important for the general public and for record sales). They can rule the world, no doubt on it. The potencial is really here, the time seems to be perfect so why doesn't Axl move his ass NOW?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 06:43:30 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 06:59:09 AM »

Its good to see that the DVD is doing so well. This week in the Times over here in the UK Welcome to the Videos is listed as number 3 in the music DVD chart. Wierd thing is Columbia are listed as the distributors, must be an error on their part. Geffen and Interscope must be making huge amounts of profit on something they threw together out of an old VHS that was put out years ago. Worrying in a way, the sucess of the Greatest Hits and this DVD could make Geffen and Interscope realise that whatever Axl puts out is going to be extremily successful, hence they will back off and give him all the time he needs to finish his masterpiece.

Jonx
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004, 07:15:38 AM »

Last year more CD's were sold in the UK then ever before, i guess us Brits are just an honest bunch at heart that don't feel the need to steal our music......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2004, 06:25:54 PM »

good good

EEEERRRR Little boy
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2004, 07:05:06 PM »

Hope not, I like listening to music, not watching it

Yeah,me too! I think a good song allways sounds better than it looks. Videos like Estranged or NR are great,but when I watch them,my imagination doesn't work,I don't FEEL the song.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: