Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 09:44:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228029 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Eminem
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eminem  (Read 86217 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2005, 12:34:24 AM »

Why bash Eminem?  He's the Axl of the rap world.  Poor white trash becomes king of the world for a brief time.  Both contraversial, in trouble for use of fag ina song.  They're soul mates!!
MikeB
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2005, 12:55:46 AM »

Why bash Eminem? He's the Axl of the rap world. Poor white trash becomes king of the world for a brief time. Both contraversial, in trouble for use of fag ina song. They're soul mates!!
I don't give a fuck if they're soulmates, him and the rap world are a shame to Rock n' Roll. I fuckin hate this generation, those rappers and their fuckin gay fans made me feel outdated for awhile. Like the Mtv Movie 2004 awards , when they mocked Guns n' AC/DC, I felt the whole world was against me. But we're now entering the 2nd half of the decade.The 1st half of the 00's hip-hop was powerful, the next half ,hip-hop will grow weaker. Say about the late 00's or starting 2010, mtv will fall and Rock n' Roll will  return and be powerful again! So Eminem's retirement may be a sign of good things....
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2005, 03:34:55 AM »

Man!!! I thought that enceore might be his last but was really hoping it wasnt.....i think it was his weakest album so far and he owes us one more album atleast!
And seriously guys, bashing eminem just to jump on to the rock n roll bandwagon is not cool, the man is talented, atleast have the courtesy to admit it!

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2005, 07:51:01 AM »

good for him. he always said he wanted to retire from the spotlight before he reached middle-age. Hopefully now he'll move on to just producing.

Like a lot of people i loved the slim shady LP and lost interest as he started releasing more and more shit. For me he's the most talented MC on the go; it's just a pity he raps about shit.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2005, 08:48:21 AM »

Eminem is extremely talented..I wasnt huge on his last album with the exception of the song Like Toy Soldiers which absolutely blew me away..But I just wish Dr.Dre would come back with his new album Detox

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2005, 12:02:28 PM »

excellent...so where do i send the "good riddance" card?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2005, 01:28:57 PM »

Wow, MikeB, tell us how you feel!  How is rap a discredit to rock n roll?  They are 2 separate genres.  I hate to break it to you this way but usually when you start to feel outdated to probably are.  What's with the delusions of persecution?  "The whole world was against me."  How can the  whole world be against you and Axl at the same time?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2005, 01:40:18 PM »

Hallelujah! let me hear an AMEN!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2005, 05:49:37 PM »

Why bash Eminem? He's the Axl of the rap world. Poor white trash becomes king of the world for a brief time. Both contraversial, in trouble for use of fag ina song. They're soul mates!!
I don't give a fuck if they're soulmates, him and the rap world are a shame to Rock n' Roll. I fuckin hate this generation, those rappers and their fuckin gay fans made me feel outdated for awhile. Like the Mtv Movie 2004 awards , when they mocked Guns n' AC/DC, I felt the whole world was against me. But we're now entering the 2nd half of the decade.The 1st half of the 00's hip-hop was powerful, the next half ,hip-hop will grow weaker. Say about the late 00's or starting 2010, mtv will fall and Rock n' Roll will? return and be powerful again! So Eminem's retirement may be a sign of good things....

your right man, trends n' shit usually change mid decade

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2005, 03:36:58 PM »

yay

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2005, 05:52:55 PM »

He has sold nearly 29 million albums to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan;

is this just US sales? or worldwide ones?
I can't believe GN'R sold 3 times more records than Eminem. It must be US sales.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 05:57:50 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2005, 08:40:37 PM »

I can't believe GN'R sold 3 times more records than Eminem. It must be US sales.

Yeah, 29 million sounds about right for his U.S. sales... 5 a piece for his first and last, 12 for his second, and 7 for his third, I guess?  Would worldwide be that much larger?  I didn't think Eminem had a very big fan base outside of North America.

I wonder if the 8 Mile Soundtrack is included in those sales.  Lose Yourself was probably the most successful song he released (what am I saying 'probably'  Roll Eyes).
dustNroses
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2005, 11:57:05 PM »

Best news ive read all year.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2005, 05:50:38 AM »

Yeah, 29 million sounds about right for his U.S. sales... 5 a piece for his first and last, 12 for his second, and 7 for his third, I guess?? Would worldwide be that much larger?? I didn't think Eminem had a very big fan base outside of North America.

I wonder if the 8 Mile Soundtrack is included in those sales.? Lose Yourself was probably the most successful song he released (what am I saying 'probably'? Roll Eyes).
"Without me" was definitely the biggest song he has ever released.
I love it.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2005, 01:02:03 PM »

Eminem was the worst thing eva happnd 2 da world. his musik=shit and he cre8ed chavs. all chavs must die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!s

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2005, 01:24:48 PM »

Eminem was the worst thing eva happnd 2 da world. his musik=shit and he cre8ed chavs. all chavs must die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!s

And who's music is reponsible for you?  They should be shot...

I'd say 'Lose Yourself' was bigger than 'Without Me'... It won an Oscar and managed to cross over to most modern rock stations.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2005, 01:39:09 PM »

The music world is a better place without that lame piece of shit.  If Axl ever raps (that bit in the live version of Rocket Queen doesn't count for those about to jump on me) I'll disown him!

The man only served to help create the rap rnb bitches n hos craze that has swept the world.  And as has been said, Eminem must be the Godfather of all chavs.  And he ain't talented, he's just been cleverly 'placed' like the other talentless bastards he shares air-time on mtv with like Britney Spears etc.

Good fucking riddance.

p.s. did I mention I think Eminem sucks!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2005, 06:03:23 PM »

The music world is a better place without that lame piece of shit.? If Axl ever raps (that bit in the live version of Rocket Queen doesn't count for those about to jump on me) I'll disown him!

The man only served to help create the rap rnb bitches n hos craze that has swept the world.? And as has been said, Eminem must be the Godfather of all chavs.? And he ain't talented, he's just been cleverly 'placed' like the other talentless bastards he shares air-time on mtv with like Britney Spears etc.

Good fucking riddance.

p.s. did I mention I think Eminem sucks!

U blame Eminem for trends he was a part of - not the cause of, strangely enough rap and songs about gold chains existed long before Eminem was on the scene

Quick! To the bandwagon!
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2005, 06:27:12 PM »

He says he's not retiring, just "taking a break", and if he ever chooses to retire, you'll hear it from him, not from some news reporter.

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/eminem%20slams%20reports%20hes%20retiring

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2005, 06:38:25 PM »

Eminem is one of the top 5 rappers of all time and Unlike SHIT rappers, Eminem actually has something to say for the most part

He is a lyrical wordsmith that rhymes words that have no business rhyming and he is very creative and innovative.

I dont see how anyone but maybe black haters could trash Em, he is the greatest rapper of his generation

he shits on Jay Z,Ludacris,50 cent and I rank him only behind 2pac.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: