Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:58:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Eminem
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eminem  (Read 85988 times)
MikeB
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2005, 11:13:11 AM »

If rappers are so good at lyrics, they should go back to school and learn how to write stories, not music.
He says he's not retiring, just "taking a break", and if he ever chooses to retire, you'll hear it from him, not from some news reporter.
Ah , I still say he's done, by the time his "break" is over , rap will be out of the scene. yes

In a celebrity's mind, they think a decade is only a few years to them.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 02:13:32 PM by MikeB » Logged
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2005, 03:36:07 PM »

Mike, what are you a retard?  Rap is not going anywhere.  It will not fade away or anything of the sort.  Not all rap is bad just like not all the 80s bands suck. 
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2005, 03:43:36 PM »

He says he's not retiring, just "taking a break", and if he ever chooses to retire, you'll hear it from him, not from some news reporter.
Ah , I still say he's done, by the time his "break" is over , rap will be out of the scene. yes

I just don't agree.  I do understand that rap doesn't provide the same sort of wonderful goodness that an awesome rock song does, it still has it's place.  It's clearly not going anywhere.....

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2005, 04:05:01 PM »

I just don't agree. I do understand that rap doesn't provide the same sort of wonderful goodness that an awesome rock song does, it still has it's place. It's clearly not going anywhere.....

Agreed that rap music is not going anywhere, but I do think that, despite what he says, Eminem is done (obviously not for the same reason that Mike-rapmusic=crapmusic-B suggested).  I'm sure he will be involved in scouting talent and producing for a long time, but I can't really see him releasing another solo album.  Undecided
MikeB
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2005, 04:59:23 PM »

Mike, what are you a retard? Rap is not going anywhere. It will not fade away or anything of the sort. Not all rap is bad just like not all the 80s bands suck.
How can I be retarded if I found out the true meaning of rap...

Retarded
Arrogant
Pussies

Music was created to know how to sing or play an instrument, those fuckers don't live up to any of those. Sure they have beats , but reading lines( excuse me, "rhymes") along with them ain't shit .
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2005, 06:02:17 PM »

How can I be retarded if I found out the true meaning of rap...

Retarded
Arrogant
Pussies

Music was created to know how to sing or play an instrument, those fuckers don't live up to any of those. Sure they have beats , but reading lines( excuse me, "rhymes") along with them ain't shit .

You sound like one of those parents from back in the day that would suggest rock music is the "devil's music" or that electric guitars are "just a bunch of noise".
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2005, 03:29:31 AM »

There is a God....He loves us all so much beer beer beer

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2005, 09:49:53 AM »

You sound like one of those parents from back in the day that would suggest rock music is the "devil's music" or that electric guitars are "just a bunch of noise".

or maybe he just  thinks rap "music" is crap

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Surfrider
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2005, 10:58:58 AM »

or maybe he just? thinks rap "music" is crap
Those are pretty much my thoughts.  I cant believe rap  music has taken over america.  Let me rephrase that, I cant believe gangster rap music has taken over america.  Are Americans that fucking stupid?  Basically Americans make millionaires out of drug dealers and criminals.  Maybe the average white businessman lives vicariously through rap music?   
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2005, 11:24:17 AM »

RAP=CRAP w/out the c. Eminem escal8ed chavs. and all chavs shud die!no respect 4 them!!

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2005, 03:12:49 PM »

There is a God....He loves us all so much beer beer beer

What are you celebrating?  That Eminem denied reports that he is retiring? 

Those are pretty much my thoughts. I cant believe rap music has taken over america. Let me rephrase that, I cant believe gangster rap music has taken over america. Are Americans that fucking stupid? Basically Americans make millionaires out of drug dealers and criminals. Maybe the average white businessman lives vicariously through rap music?

Oh yeah it's such a shame that everyone isn't listening to all the kick ass rock music that's out there today.  You'd be happier if everyone was listening to a group like Good Charlotte?  I know what you'll say, "there are good bands out there, top 40 radio doesn't properly represent rock music"... Well it's the same thing for rap.  You're all saying that you think rap music sucks... I find that funny considering most of you probably haven't even HEARD real rap music.  You think I'm defending Nelly or Chingy? No, agreed, rap about hoes and bling is "crap music".  Eminem is one of the few popular rappers that actually writes songs about other things and you're saying it would be good if he retires?

RAP=CRAP w/out the c. Eminem escal8ed chavs. and all chavs shud die!no respect 4 them!!

and U-R Kewl Becuz you TaWk n TyPe Like Dis!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2005, 03:29:32 PM »

and U-R Kewl Becuz you TaWk n TyPe Like Dis!

yep indeedy

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2005, 09:19:49 PM »

Rap has become like hair metal

U have your great acts: eminem,Outkast,Jay Z,Ludacris,Nas,Snoop? ? ? your oks:50 cent,the game,ja rule,nelly, Mike Jones is ok

and then u have your trixters,danger dangers,britny fox's etc etc in Chingy and most of all the other rappers

Its got out of hand for sure but the whole genre doesnt suck, its just record labels looking for something to sell to the masses.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2005, 06:39:13 AM »

Eazy your point is invalid because parents never used to say those things for the same reason.  The ones that thought that only thought it because they were told to think it by some clever dick who is now eating his words.  You'd have to be truly deaf to music to suggest that all rock is just noise.

Rap, on the other hand, gets less of a bad reputation from parents because it's not loud/noisy (even your pal eminem mimes, what a joke) and doesn't get slated by people like rock did.  It probably should because parents don't seem to mind buying their kids rap cd's with all that gay gangsta shit on it, even though it's more blatantly obscene than most rock music.  Axl wrote some bad-ass lyrics but how often did he promote shooting 'niggas' and cops and slapping hoes around?

And musically I don't care what anyone says, it's fact that rap is down with Good Charlotte and all those bands even you hate as the lowest forms of music.  Possibly 2% is any good.

Nothing personal, but you're wrong!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2005, 01:26:45 PM »

Eminem is one of the few popular rappers that actually writes songs about other things and you're saying it would be good if he retires?

eminem knows exactly when to insult others in his songs in order to gain popularity...most of his songs contain dumbassed insults...hey michael jackson going through a trial, yea lets insult him because thatll make him look cool to morons, insult moby, elvis, whoever i dont care.....drug use, rape, killing the mother of his children...what a waste of time for anyone's ears

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2005, 02:31:06 PM »

Eazy your point is invalid because parents never used to say those things for the same reason. The ones that thought that only thought it because they were told to think it by some clever dick who is now eating his words. You'd have to be truly deaf to music to suggest that all rock is just noise.

That wasn't my point... my point was that he was whining about a genre of music that he doesn't understand because he's close-minded.  Maybe if you guys were more open you would end up eating your words on this one (that's what happened to me, I used to say all the same stuff as you guys).  You'd have to be truly deaf to suggest that all rap music is *ahem* "gay gangsta shit"....but look:

buying their kids rap cd's with all that gay gangsta shit on it, even though it's more blatantly obscene than most rock music. Axl wrote some bad-ass lyrics but how often did he promote shooting 'niggas' and cops and slapping hoes around?

I can think of three cases that are along those lines off the top of my head, not to mention he beat-up his girlfriends.  Kanye's count for that stuff would be... 0.

Eminem is one of the few popular rappers that actually writes songs about other things and you're saying it would be good if he retires?

eminem knows exactly when to insult others in his songs in order to gain popularity...most of his songs contain dumbassed insults...hey michael jackson going through a trial, yea lets insult him because thatll make him look cool to morons, insult moby, elvis, whoever i dont care.....

Again you're pointing out music from the radio.  So he has maybe one or two songs where he throws insults at pop-stars, the rest of his album is a different story.  Of course, none of you guys make it that far because it's so much easier to write him off for making "well-timed insults".

drug use, rape, killing the mother of his children...what a waste of time for anyone's ears

You realize you're on a Guns N' Roses message board right?  Was Mr. Brownstone about learning how to dance?  Did Axl mean his mother turned into an actual vagina on Bad Obsession?  (As for insults, you seem much more forgiving when it's Axl saying "Bon Jovi can suck my dick!", "Some pussy ass writer at NME is living in my ass!", "Warren Beaty is a motherfucker!"  rofl)

"Yeah, but that's only one or two songs, they have lots of songs about other stuff!"

Yeah exactly.  Eminem has more to talk about then just the things you listed.   Roll Eyes
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2005, 02:42:09 PM »

or maybe he just? thinks rap "music" is crap
Those are pretty much my thoughts.  I cant believe rap  music has taken over america.  Let me rephrase that, I cant believe gangster rap music has taken over america.  Are Americans that fucking stupid?  Basically Americans make millionaires out of drug dealers and criminals.  Maybe the average white businessman lives vicariously through rap music?   

you sound very... bitter Smiley

cypress hills is great;
nwa is great.
you're shooting at MTV's bitches: eminem, 50 cents .. off course they suck. it's like dissing rock by taking Sum 41 as an example.

and come on, criminals and thugs ? cause a fag in leather pants with no underwear, make up like ho, on drugs, drinking boose all day is a great example for kids ?.

gimme a break.
you're bitter.
you dont like the music thats it. i dont like it either. but you're fighting when there's nothing to fight about.

i agree with IQ. insluting / dissing famous people is so easy and works all the time. the audience love to hear that.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2005, 04:10:23 PM »

Again you're pointing out music from the radio.  So he has maybe one or two songs where he throws insults at pop-stars, the rest of his album is a different story.  Of course, none of you guys make it that far because it's so much easier to write him off for making "well-timed insults".

drug use, rape, killing the mother of his children...what a waste of time for anyone's ears

You realize you're on a Guns N' Roses message board right?  Was Mr. Brownstone about learning how to dance?  Did Axl mean his mother turned into an actual vagina on Bad Obsession?  (As for insults, you seem much more forgiving when it's Axl saying "Bon Jovi can suck my dick!", "Some pussy ass writer at NME is living in my ass!", "Warren Beaty is a motherfucker!"  rofl)

"Yeah, but that's only one or two songs, they have lots of songs about other stuff!"

Yeah exactly.  Eminem has more to talk about then just the things you listed.   Roll Eyes

axl never insulted anyone just to get a headline, eminem does it all the time...axl never wrote bad obsession btw

"Will Smith don't got to cuss in his raps to sell records - well I do, so fuck him and fuck you too"
"Who's Tony Blair, did he get his dick sucked?, oh he ain't shit then..."
"I do promote violence and I don't give a fuck."
"I hate bitches. [One] fucked up, and it made me look at girls as sluts."
"I don't want them once they turn 18"---Eminem On Britney Spears & Christina Aguilera
AHHH!) Slut, you think I won't choke no whore til the vocal cords don't work in her throat no more?!
it'd be Jennifer Lopez, and Puffy you know this! I'm sorry Puff, but I don't give a fuck if this chick was my own mother I still fuck her with no rubber and cum inside her
I'm anti-Backstreet and Ricky Martin with instincts to kill N'Sync, don't get me started These fuckin brats can't sing and Britney's garbage

im sure i can find plenty more but id rather listen to real music in the real world, kids are idiots for listening to this hyped up shit

(Winston Churchill)"
MikeB
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2005, 02:39:03 PM »

im sure i can find plenty more but id rather listen to real music in the real world, kids are idiots for listening to this hyped up shit
Word, homie. hihi

But seriously , I think Rap has robbed Rock and Roll's "bad-ass" image completley. Just put the music aside and think closely,they are a lot alike.
                                                                                   ....fucking theives, revenge is a must Angry
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 02:55:09 PM by MikeB » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2005, 09:44:32 PM »

axl never insulted anyone just to get a headline, eminem does it all the time...axl never wrote bad obsession btw

"Will Smith don't got to cuss in his raps to sell records - well I do, so fuck him and fuck you too"
"Who's Tony Blair, did he get his dick sucked?, oh he ain't shit then..."
"I do promote violence and I don't give a fuck."
"I hate bitches. [One] fucked up, and it made me look at girls as sluts."
"I don't want them once they turn 18"---Eminem On Britney Spears & Christina Aguilera
AHHH!) Slut, you think I won't choke no whore til the vocal cords don't work in her throat no more?!
it'd be Jennifer Lopez, and Puffy you know this! I'm sorry Puff, but I don't give a fuck if this chick was my own mother I still fuck her with no rubber and cum inside her
I'm anti-Backstreet and Ricky Martin with instincts to kill N'Sync, don't get me started These fuckin brats can't sing and Britney's garbage

Are you trying to prove to me that he swears? or that his music isn't "clean"?

What I find funny is that this guy comes out and says: "I'm going to say a bunch of shit to get a reaction."? And what does everyone do?? They react.? Parents complain that he's a terrible influence on children, close-minded rock fans complain that he's ruining the music industry and he has no talent.? Everyone takes notice of him, though.

I'm not saying he is talented BECAUSE of that.? He's an interesting artist because he speaks his mind, it may not all be sunshine and flowers, but he's honest.? Not only does he do that, but he raps it... rhyming words that don't even rhyme at a speed that most people can't touch (while still sounding as clear as day).

Also, nice job dragging up 5+ year old lyrics... Have you still not figured out what happened when he released his first two albums?? ?Roll Eyes? He even lays it all out in "The Way I Am", but people still don't get it and keep whining.? Not to mention that on his latest 2 albums "Slim Shady" is non-existent.? He writes songs that are serious, jokes, political, personal, or straight storytelling and the fact you would try to "group" all of his music together like it's "all the same stuff" just leads me to believe that you're just sour that your favourite genre of music isn't on top (I know this is true for MikeB).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: