Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 06:42:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy After the tour??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy After the tour??  (Read 5706 times)
Mike_Coen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: September 01, 2004, 05:24:25 PM »

What would happen if Guns n' Roses tour again and doesn't have an album to support it?, the ticket sales would be a mess?, Would it be worse than the 2002 World Tour?? Would they play a new song?
 Huh

Your Thoughts

ok
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 05:37:13 PM by Mike_Coen » Logged
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 05:35:55 PM »

In my Opinion, just my opinion, They dont need to have CD out to tour again. THey could hit Europe where the music taste is good and do well, but for a US tour to go well they need two things.

1) A new single. If they released a new single that would be on CD they could tour and the single would bring alot of hype to the new band.

2) Mid Level opening band. Most Rock bands who tour arenas pick a good opening band. Metallica/Godsmack, Kiss/Poison, Chilli Peppers/Foo Fighters, Styx/Reo..?, Touring with Mix Master Mike and CKY those two bands will bring in very few people, they need a nice mid level band to open for them, or atleast a breaking band, IE THE DARKNESS, JET, or something like that to help fill the arena.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 06:10:01 PM »

This was the theory I posted earlier in the week:  Short warm-up European tour in Dec....Album release between March-May, Tour in the States next Summer
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 06:11:45 PM »

I agree with More Cowbell

EEEERRRR Little boy
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 06:17:30 PM »

I think they could do a mini-tour before the release but I don't think they should do the major tour and then release the album.

Either:

A) do a small tour, then release the CD, then do a full motherfucking world tour.

or

B) release the album and then do a full, real, substantial motherfucking world tour.

This time, they should call the tour the Real Motherfucking Chinese Democracy Tour.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 06:27:54 PM »

a tour without the album AGAIN?... wow...that would be a terrible, terrible mistake...No way!

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mike_Coen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 06:47:24 PM »

a tour without the album AGAIN?... wow...that would be a terrible, terrible mistake...No way!

Well, Apparently it's going to happen with the European tour because, after everyone  finishes with his solo tour they are going to start the rehearsals for the Tour. And probably Chinese Democracy comes out until 2005.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 07:02:32 PM »

It would seem to me that, via the recetn spate of  Tommy press in addition to the rumors of about 406 weeks ago, a European tour is almost a given here, whereas CD is still very much up in there. I'm not surprised if we see a mini-tour prior to the album release at this point, though any major international (USA included) undertaking with many dates would need a product behind it.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 07:05:01 PM »

Well, Tommy has been saying that the album is defiantely coming out by the end of year in his last few interviews. But he also said he doesnt know the exact date because he has been out of the loop for a few months because of his solo tour.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 07:15:02 PM »

But Tommy thought it would be out  at this time last year during his tour with the Figgs...and if he's 'out of the loop', then things certainly may have changed whilst he is on the road. The tour seems like almost a sure thing, so at least that is something positive to take out of the last week or so.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Mike_Coen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 07:24:25 PM »

..Tommy is a nice guy, but i think that he doesn't know what's happening in the gnr world right now!!

Huh
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 07:46:03 PM »

Uh tommy has never said EVER that the album will be out by the end of the year.... only cryptic things like sooner than later... which means crap because he's said the same thing for two years.

and as far as a tour... there is nothing solid on that either.... the rumor last demember was that they were getting back together for rehearsals... obviously that was bs... as are all these new rumors... every spring, summer, and christmas season the same rumors....

nothing is going on if the band doesn't even know. Axl is probably having a espisode

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2004, 07:50:30 PM »

A small tour to shake off the rust may be a good idea, maybe in Europe. But to have a major tour in the states witout putting out CD would be a big mistake.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2004, 08:42:25 PM »

i think they definitely need an album before ANYTHING

poop
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2004, 10:38:29 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if we get some new years shows again as warmup with an album in january and full tour in big arenas after that.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2004, 12:00:55 AM »

in no way shape or form will GNr be touring again unless they have an album out or the album will be coming out during that tour....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2004, 01:26:05 AM »

for europe they dont need the new album but for the states they do, if they want to have a good tour they need to have a strong single and an album dropping a couple of weeks into the tour, so that the tour's and the album's promotion help eachother

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2004, 01:43:14 AM »

Jumping to conclusions again as always.  I'm feeling March 2005 as the release.  No Eminem or U2 being released is this month as they're both coming out this November.  If the "tour" happens in early 2005 I'm expecting CD after, NOT before.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2004, 03:47:11 AM »

Why is it Europe / UK that seems to be the guinea pig for GNR?

Fuck man, I first saw GNR at Wembley...just before UYI was released. Great, but difficult to get into the new songs having not heard any of them before.

And last year I saw GNR at Leeds...apparently before CD was being released.

To me its simple...release the album and then tour. Maybe a couple of warm up gigs in LA first if they need the practice as a group live.

I don't see Axl filling out arenas in England this time unless he releases something. Maybe he could fill the London Hammersmith but I think the press would ridicule him, and most fans would be left confused....I mean think about it, last time Axl toured, Velvet Revolver weren't around. Now many people will be left confused as to what the new GNR is.

This band needs to establish an identity, a foundation. And the best way to do that will be to release the album.

I'm pretty sure the record company will see it this way as well....can they risk another tour being stopped before the album is released?

Here today...ready to rock
Chunkie
Headliner

Here Today... DEAD Tomorow

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2004, 12:36:04 PM »

I want them to TOUR!!!

A tour means new songs for us (if CD is not Released)

God damn Slash The Man
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: