Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 09:08:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "The Spaghetti Incident?" appreciation thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Spaghetti Incident?" appreciation thread  (Read 20964 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2004, 05:10:40 PM »

An average album from a band that put out nothing but great albums up until that point.  The covers were mostly punk songs, which really didnt showcase the bands strengths...it might have worked better with more hard rock tracks instead.

"Hair Of The Dog" is  Shocked  The way they slam it into 4 times overdrive at the end is incredible.  Its easily the CDs best track.  Theres a few more good tracks ("Aint It Fun," "I Dont Care About You," "Human Being") but most it is just okay.  The hidden song just sucks, Manson or no Manson.  
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2004, 05:50:29 PM »

Sorry if this is a dead horse question but can anybody enlighten me on what incident was the spaghetti incident was?

Well i know in England a while back, the 'spaghetti incident' was a Aprils fools day'  (Aprils 1st) joke.  Where the whole nation was led to believe that a hybrid crop was developed to grow actual spaghetti.

The pictures on the news actually showed what must have been placed spagehetti on the plant crop - many believed the amazing development.

Just a big hoax in hindsight!
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2004, 02:50:30 AM »

Sorry if this is a dead horse question but can anybody enlighten me on what incident was the spaghetti incident was?

I believe it came about during the court case Steven brought against the original members (claiming they got him hooked on hard drugs then kicked him out and didn't help him). I think it was an interview with one of the original members who said something about the whole case being a joke and when Steven complained about something to do with a plate of spaghetti leftovers and the band being mean to him, people in the court started laughing. They didn't however say EXACTLY what happened though.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Surge
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2004, 04:35:51 AM »

It's written about a girl Charles Manson killed. To me it sounds like he thought he helped her by killing her. Disgusting as hell to me. I can't understand how Axl could ever do that song.

Er.. what girl would that be? Unless u mean he's fantacising for the sake of the song.

He's probably "fantacising" too. I can't recall the name of a girl, but I know Charles Manson wrote it about a girl he murdered.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2004, 05:32:47 AM »

"The Spaghetti Incident?" Is My Favourite GN'R Album

I give you two thumbs up as being to first to come out of the "closet" and admitting it's the best album ok. I know there is more of us out there that love the "The Spaghetti Incident?"

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2004, 09:53:55 AM »

The hidden song just sucks, Manson or no Manson.  

I kind of like it.  It's just a simple, folksy song, but I like Axl's vocals on it.  As to what Surge said, I don't think Manson wrote it about a girl he murdered, he wrote songs and was trying to be a recording artist before he masterminded those murders.

As for the origin of the Spaghetti Incident, I think in his suit against the band, Steven Adler, cited that the band left him out of things, and one time when they were living together, Duff ate his share of the spaghetti.  Which is what I believe Axl found so hilarious.  
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2004, 12:21:52 PM »

The hidden song just sucks, Manson or no Manson.  

I kind of like it.  It's just a simple, folksy song, but I like Axl's vocals on it.  As to what Surge said, I don't think Manson wrote it about a girl he murdered, he wrote songs and was trying to be a recording artist before he masterminded those murders.

As for the origin of the Spaghetti Incident, I think in his suit against the band, Steven Adler, cited that the band left him out of things, and one time when they were living together, Duff ate his share of the spaghetti.  Which is what I believe Axl found so hilarious.  

I'm sticking with my answer  rofl
SwedeChildO'Mine
Guy in the locker, feeling like a
Rocker

W. Axl Rose - Pure talent

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2004, 06:27:20 PM »

It's an underrated album with great covers.

Since it was impossible for GNR to even write a song I think they did the right and released an album with their favorite punk songs.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2004, 06:41:43 PM »

The Spaghetti Incident relates to Spaghetti Westerns right.

But whatthefuckever. I don't like this album very much. I dig Down On The Farm though. As a whole, this album always sounded and seemed really weak and lame to me. Kind of an embarrasment that pretty much summed up perfectly the state GNR had become come the end of 1992, beginning of 1993.

Sad but true. I wish this album never came out. They could have used the time to develop something cool instead. Its a waste of talent. The originals, by an large are far superior to these.

With GNR, I could feel the Bleeding hearts that were poured into their albums. They had heart to them. There is no heart in TSI. No passion. Its not even a fun throwaway album.

I have to agree with the negative reviews this album got. You dont come off pure masterpieces with "horseshit."

But saying this, I agree with the dude above who said it. TSI is far better than any of the Snakepit albums, and Duffs solo crap. Amazing how much shit GNR and its members actually produced. Who would have thought?

Velvet Revolver and Chinese Democracy need to come out and fix a lot of the damage that GNR caused.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 06:43:59 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
GNRisAFD
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2004, 06:52:41 PM »

TSI isn't as bad as some people say but i do agree that it is below par. I love Down on the Farm,  Since I Don't have You, Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory and Black Leather. The rest is laughable.
page
Headliner

Worked to hard for my illusions

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2004, 02:49:18 PM »

Does anyone know how the bandmembers themselves feels about this album? and what does anyone here thinks?
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2004, 04:53:32 PM »

No idea.Slash always said that SIDHY was a joke and that he didn?t really liked Look At Your Game Girl.

Slashly//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
mr_BROWNSTONE
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2004, 09:33:53 AM »

I don't know about the band but I love some of the songs from "The Spaghetti" the same way as I love the rest GN'R songs. Which means that I like the album very much. I love Down On The Farm, Buick Makane, Hair Of The Dog, Attitude, Black Leather and You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory! It's strange that I don't like Since I Don't Have You and I really hate sometimes Ain't It Fun. I don't know why.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2004, 11:16:30 AM »

It was pretty much an album all members enjoyed doing, Axl, Slash, Duff i mean, they basically chose their favorite punk songs and mucked around on them and put it all togethor, i think it was to buy them some time before they released their next full length LP and to have some fun.

They were mostly recorded during the Illusions sessions and a few while they were on the UYI tour. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt recorded it but when Izzy left and Gilby joined Gilby re-recorded Izzy's parts for the album.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2004, 03:12:40 PM »

No idea.Slash always said that SIDHY was a joke and that he didn?t really liked Look At Your Game Girl.

I agree with Mr. Slash!!!  beer

God instead of releasing SIDHY- They could of released a better song- Buick Makane never gets enough credit!!
Ain't It Fun just rocks!
LAYGG Ain't punk to me!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2004, 01:49:26 PM »

am i the only gnr fan in the world who likes "the spaghetti incedent?" i just wanted to know cause i think it rocks, i know there covers but aint it fun is cool. so is buik mkane, human being, raw power. all the gnr fans i know either havent got this album or thinks it sucks. please somebody else tell me this albums cool cause im starting to think that maybe im a little bit strange.... drool
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2004, 01:52:15 PM »

I think you'll find a lot of people on the board like the album I do my self a lot cos they covered great songs and did a good job even though it was slated by critics still sold well though.

EEEERRRR Little boy
V
Headliner

The Fountainhead

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2004, 05:15:25 PM »

am i the only gnr fan in the world who likes "the spaghetti incedent?" i just wanted to know cause i think it rocks, i know there covers but aint it fun is cool. so is buik mkane, human being, raw power. all the gnr fans i know either havent got this album or thinks it sucks. please somebody else tell me this albums cool cause im starting to think that maybe im a little bit strange.... drool

There was only one 'original' song in the album and it was not listed...

So yeah, i like the album but it was fuckin' short!
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2004, 05:17:54 PM »

TSI is fucking great, and don?t be sourprised if this topic ends  up having 400000 pages (just jocking about the number) with people saying the same!!

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2004, 06:27:01 PM »

There was only one 'original' song in the album and it was not listed...

Original song on a cover album?  nervous

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: