Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:29:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2 gnr spot on mtv
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 gnr spot on mtv  (Read 2922 times)
Thinizzy
Headliner

"I'm everywhere Focker"- Robert DeNiro

« on: September 29, 2004, 07:54:28 PM »

hey all, watching MTV the past couple of days and gnr has been on two shows,well one was more of a mention. on the room raiders show a girl visited on guys room and he had a whole bunch of posters and a couple of pics of axl on the wall.  it was pretty cool. but the girl said she was not into the hard rock thing. i also just seen Made. this one had a kid trying to graduate. at school the kids tutor said axl rose just walked by. they showed the kid walking away and he kind of resembled axl. good to see people still recognize gnr eh?

"Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, still serve a purpose." -Jim Carrey
AxlRocks
Headliner

I WILL MEET AXL!!!

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 10:11:11 PM »

Cool! I would've liked to see those! But I don't even fuck with MTV cause I don't like most the shit they play, although some are cool... like VR!  Smiley
metalhead666
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 12:05:33 AM »

VR FUCKING RULES beer

"If there was a new way I'd be the 1st in line, but it'd better work this time."
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 12:12:28 AM »

VR FUCKING RULES beer

I saw that on MTV too..think it was on Bevis & Butthead

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
geographicaloddity
Headliner

two weeks from everywhere

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 12:14:45 AM »

picking up my daughter at middle school today saw 2 kids with GNR shirts on then at the mall later saw a 2 year old with a GNR shirt on! rofl
shaun
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 03:59:30 AM »

I don't know anything about US MTV although Europe MTV used to be really good (about 6 years ago) - when there was Alternative followed by Headbangers Ball followed by Into the Pit and some 2 hour show on every night called (something like) Most Wanted. It was really great, then that all stopped, and i stopped watching MTV. As for the current state of MTV i have no idea  Huh - Just remembered, there also used to be this other show on around 6 in the morning, it was called Grind (possibly) and was simply a show with people dancing and music playing, normally located on a beach on in a street. There were what appeared to be locals (local people) and the usual dancers, one of which was very hot  ok
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 05:12:35 PM »

I also remember all those programs you mentioned, they used to come on MTV here in the UK but I thought it was more like 8 or 9 years ago cos Headbangers Ball changed to 'Superock' in 1997 I think and it was never as good. Alternative Nation was also called 120 Minutes first if I remember right, ah those were the days!
Most Wanted was my fav show on MTV, Ray Cokes I think the guys name was and he was so funny! I think it was taken off the air because he said controversial stuff too much.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 05:50:10 PM »

Ray Cokes was the man!!!  I used to laugh my ass off every night watching his show.

But back on topic,except for an occasional video,I haven't seen any GNR on MTV in ages

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Sterlingdog
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 07:38:16 PM »

picking up my daughter at middle school today saw 2 kids with GNR shirts on then at the mall later saw a 2 year old with a GNR shirt on! rofl
When I was at Disneyland a few weeks ago I noticed a lot of teenagers wearing either GNR or Iron Maiden t-shirts.  They were all fake vintage...you know old logos but new shirts.  I thought it was interesting.  I wondered how many of those kids actually knew the music, but anyway its good to see there is an interest.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2004, 12:14:09 AM »

When I was at Disneyland a few weeks ago I noticed a lot of teenagers wearing either GNR or Iron Maiden t-shirts.  They were all fake vintage...you know old logos but new shirts.  I thought it was interesting.  I wondered how many of those kids actually knew the music, but anyway its good to see there is an interest.

i wear my gnr tshirts (new logo) to school at least 3 days a week.. i've been doing that since late 2002.. but its only this year (conveniently right after the greatest hits release) that i see more and more kids wearing gnr tshirts (old logo.. usually found in hot topics) in school.. i have to say.. its pretty nice to see other gnr fans because i always get ripped on for being a gnr fan..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 12:25:39 AM »

There was also a show on MTV called Tail-Daters where they're challenged to do certain things on the date to get money.  The task was to make fun of the girls favorite band/music and the guy would get $500.00 bonus money.  The girl told him she loved Guns N' Roses, and he said "didn't Axl go crazy and have a failed tour" or something along those lines and she remained pissed for the rest of the date because he bad-mouthed her favorite band GN'R!! HAHA, GN'R fans are so damn hardcore it's not even funny!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: