Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 04:58:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228014 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  With all the recent interviews, why wasn't a new guitarist mentioned
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: With all the recent interviews, why wasn't a new guitarist mentioned  (Read 3166 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: October 05, 2004, 02:04:45 PM »

Hasn't either dizzy or tommy ever mentioned that they were trying to get a new guitarist to replace buckethead? I would think this would be on the top of the list of important info to tell the fans.. Neither had to say who it was or when it was going to happen, but they should have said they were looking for a third guitarist. Could have said they were possibly adding somone for touring puropses.. Does anyone think they just didn't know, and if they didn't know then why not?
takeshi
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 03:12:33 PM »

I think it's pretty obvious that Dizzy doesn't know what's going on in the band or is under orders to get his mouth shut.  His matra like repetition of the "almost done" and similar statements would indicate that the former is probably more likely to be true.

It's possible that the negotiations to bring in a new guitarist are being done solely by Axl and his people and that the band are totally out of the loop.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 03:17:37 PM »

In any of the interviews, have either Dizzy or Tommy been asked directly if there was a replacement for Buckethead in the works?  I don't remember seeing where that had even been asked.  It seems to me they are more likely to answer direct questions about GNR than just volunteer random information. 
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 03:24:38 PM »

All reasonable questions, yet as we're all well aware, reason has no role to play in these circles....If anything, it further underscores how fractured the whole thing is....some folks just refuse to accept the notion that they're being fed shit when they believe it to be ice cream...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 04:15:30 PM »

That?s probably because even Axl doesn?t knows how n where ball?s rolling on.

Happy-go-lucky it may sounds, you encounter your right one only by chance.

Then they?re acting prudently not to drive us crazy, hither n thither, I guess.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 04:25:29 PM »

In any of the interviews, have either Dizzy or Tommy been asked directly if there was a replacement for Buckethead in the works?? I don't remember seeing where that had even been asked.? It seems to me they are more likely to answer direct questions about GNR than just volunteer random information.?

A while back tommy said there was no one replacing bh.. I think everyone should not think he's re doing the guitar parts, it's october 2004, the departure of buckethead was known since March, and that was 6 months before, so there's no possible way he is doing bh's parts.. How could he do them now and have to re do everything on the album?

It's a real shame the guys don't know everything equally, without the recluse axl no one knows anything, round ??
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 04:29:19 PM »

In any of the interviews, have either Dizzy or Tommy been asked directly if there was a replacement for Buckethead in the works?? I don't remember seeing where that had even been asked.? It seems to me they are more likely to answer direct questions about GNR than just volunteer random information.?

A while back tommy said there was no one replacing bh.. I think everyone should not think he's re doing the guitar parts, it's october 2004, the departure of buckethead was known since March, and that was 6 months before, so there's no possible way he is doing bh's parts.. How could he do them now and have to re do everything on the album?

It's a real shame the guys don't know everything equally, without the recluse axl no one knows anything, round ??

The other membersin GNR knows alot... But try to understand that the thing is, that they dont wanna talk about things wich isnt cleard yet. Because of all the romours that could come out of it... So.. Be happy that one of the things they DO talk about, is Chinese Democracy, and that SOON is the word!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 04:35:54 PM »

The other membersin GNR knows alot... But try to understand that the thing is, that they dont wanna talk about things wich isnt cleard yet. Because of all the romours that could come out of it... So.. Be happy that one of the things they DO talk about, is Chinese Democracy, and that SOON is the word!

Anyone can say soon, a few months, haris breadht, etc.. It's all bullshit, talk is cheap and someone always makes an excuse inm the forums for the time it could be..

A few months is like 3, but for axl it could be six or 9... We're just looking for one album which has been spoken about for years now and we don't have it, I don't think it's that hard to give a season for release.. I remember going to the cd tour, the vmas said CD in the background.. The rumors start because the band themselves gave indication of the album.. No one was expecting anything until we heard about the album.. It';s been years now, just get together and get the facts straight and keep people informed with proper info and everything will be smooth..
takeshi
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2004, 08:37:33 AM »

Can anyone translate this for me? confused
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2004, 10:17:49 AM »

I think the band and even Axl for that matter originally did not intend to replace Buckethead, but as always in the world of GnR plans change all the time. Dizzy and Tommy are for the most part the only ones who are ever interviewed about GnR and they are both off doing their solo thing so unfortunately they are probably out of the loop. I think this idea of a replacement is solely Axl's and once finalized, if it ever is, then he will contact his bandmembers accordingly.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2004, 04:06:46 PM »

Can anyone translate this for me? confused
Coo, that?s a tough one isn?t it? I can't. confused
But removing some Ss might help you to decode the cryptogram by yourself?
Or, even easier, read Nytunz?s post instead. It?s kinda paraphrase of that.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: