Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 10:22:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228002 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Gn'R Guitarist Found?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Gn'R Guitarist Found?  (Read 88738 times)
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: September 30, 2004, 08:52:16 AM »

Guitar shredder Ron Thal of the New York City-based alternative-rap-metal project BUMBLEFOOT has been asked to join GUNS N' ROSES as the replacement for Buckethead, according to a posting at www.bumblefoot.com. "Since, the rumors are already flyin', I might as well say," Ron writes on the site. "I was asked to join GUNS N' ROSES two months ago. It's not definitely happenin', we're just feelin' it out. When decisions have been made, I'll let y'all know."

Ron Thal started as a solo artist on Shrapnel/Roadrunner Records with the instrumental guitar-oriented CD "The Adventures Of Bumblefoot" in May 1995 (voted one of the Best Newcomers in Young Guitar magazine's Readers' Poll in January 1996) and the vocal "Hermit" CD in January 1997. Through his own production company, Hermit Inc., Thal (a.k.a. Bumblefoot) has released his own music, and has worked as a producer, songwriter, and hired musician. Credits include CNN, MTV, Jessica Simpson, Cher, LeAnn Rimes, and many more.

Sounds like a tour isn't close if they are planning on replacing Buckethead and they still haven't .

Rhino.
Estranged fucker
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 08:55:34 AM »

WTF!! rap-metal?Huh Bad news to me!
Definetely no tou within 5 months or so Cry
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 09:16:03 AM »

WTF!! rap-metal?Huh Bad news to me!
Definetely no tou within 5 months or so Cry

I wouldn't assume that there will be no tour for a while.  Keep in mind that Robin Finck and Buckethead only met six weeks before the HOB-Las Vegas and RIR3 shows.

This guy has plenty of time to decide whether or not he wants to join the band.  Also, they are not planning to start rehearsing until early Jan., right?

We'll see what happens.

Ali
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 09:16:21 AM »

he is talented. and maybe the only guitar player  to replace BH. he's style is weird too.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 09:19:58 AM »

he is talented. and maybe the only guitar player? to replace BH. he's style is weird too.

Personally, I haven't heard his work.  But, that's cool  ok

Ali
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 09:22:54 AM »

It's always nice to find out about gnr news outside of the official gnr sites. Tommy had said they weren't going to replace buckethead because they didn't need him, it's so cool everyone is on the same page..

This really isn't good news to me, shows the guys outside of axl are clueless and now there's more possibilities to have excuses to why things aren't done..

Right about now would be a good time for axl to speak wether good or bad,.. Explain something like we need tyhis dude only for touring, not to finish material, etc.
Also how many guitar players can one band go through without one album?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 09:28:25 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 09:26:51 AM »

If it's true, I'd imagine Chinese Democracy might get delayed.  Could you imagine Chinese Democracy being delayed?

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 09:26:59 AM »

if they want to have somebody to replace BH on TOUR they got to tako some crazy guitar player like Ron who sometimes sound very like BH....

maybe it means that there are some Crazy BH solos....
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 09:28:24 AM »

Maybe thats what Dizzy was referring to when he said there's a couple of things that need to be sorted first.

Have any of you shredders out there got his album?

Here today...ready to rock
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 09:30:33 AM »

http://artists2.iuma.com/site-bin/mp3gen/9067/IUMA/Bands/Bumblefoot/audio/Bumblefoot_-_Wasted_Away.mp3
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 09:31:46 AM »

From the Bumblefoot forum.  Bumblefoot wrote:

Yeah, true. Have yet to speak with Axl - spoke to their engineer about when to come out and lay geetar tracks on the album, spoke to their manager about lotsa stuff, their keyboardist Chris, but that's all that's been goin' on so far. Hopefully we'll have some action before the year's end - or at least a definite answer on whether we'll be moving forward together or not.

When to lay guitar tracks on the album.  If thats the case we are seriously fucked.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 09:32:08 AM »

It's always nice to find out about gnr news outside of the official gnr sites. Tommy had said they weren't going to replace buckethead because they didn't need him, it's so cool everyone is on the same page..

This really isn't good news to me, shows the guys outside of axl are clueless and now there's more possibilities to have excuses to why things aren't done..

Right about now would be a good time for axl to speak wether good or bad,.. Explain something like we need tyhis dude only for touring, not to finish material, etc.

Mike, I assume you are referring to the mtv.com article a while back where Tommy was interviewed about his solo album and he also talked about GN'R.  If you check it, he said that as far as he knew, Buckethead hadn't been replaced.  I thought what he said about not needing another guitar player was his personal opinion.

Also, as far as finding out news on GN'R from other websites, it isn't like it is a done deal that this guy is joining GN'R.  Why comment on something that might not come to pass?  There have been a lot of people that have auditioned for GN'R that the GN'R camp hasn't officially commented on, like Steve Salas.  I just don't think it can really be considered "news" until something actually happens.

Also, keep in mind that Richard Fortus joining the band wasn't officially commented on by Axl until that interview right before the Hong Kong show.  So, even if nothing was said until right before the tour, it would be par for the course.

Ali
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 09:34:56 AM »

Maybe thats what Dizzy was referring to when he said there's a couple of things that need to be sorted first.

Have any of you shredders out there got his album?

anyone have a picture of this guy?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004, 09:36:36 AM »

Personally, I am disappointed to hear about this... I was holding on to hope for Bucket's return. What's more disappointing about the whole thing is this:

I checked out the forum at bumblefoot.com and well, here's what "bumblefoot" posted:

Yeah, true. Have yet to speak with Axl - spoke to their engineer about when to come out and lay geetar tracks on the album, spoke to their manager about lotsa stuff, their keyboardist Chris, but that's all that's been goin' on so far. Hopefully we'll have some action before the year's end - or at least a definite answer on whether we'll be moving forward together or not

-http://www.bumblefoot.com/forum/index.htm

So basically they are still working on the fucking album if you believe this guy. Damn.... and the saga continues........

Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 09:43:18 AM »

Personally, I am disappointed to hear about this... I was holding on to hope for Bucket's return. What's more disappointing about the whole thing is this:

I checked out the forum at bumblefoot.com and well, here's what "bumblefoot" posted:

Yeah, true. Have yet to speak with Axl - spoke to their engineer about when to come out and lay geetar tracks on the album, spoke to their manager about lotsa stuff, their keyboardist Chris, but that's all that's been goin' on so far. Hopefully we'll have some action before the year's end - or at least a definite answer on whether we'll be moving forward together or not

So basically they are still working on the fucking album if you believe this guy. Damn.... and the saga continues........

i'll rather belive Tommy and Dizzy.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2004, 09:45:43 AM »

Ger is s picture of the guy!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2004, 09:47:28 AM »

Damn, but here is the link

http://www.bumblefoot.com/artist/gallery/95-aobf-1.jpg

Nytunz.blogspot.com