Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:10:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  To anyone who doubts the chemistry of this band...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: To anyone who doubts the chemistry of this band...  (Read 12231 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: October 19, 2004, 01:53:26 PM »

Do yourselves a favor and go get a copy of Chicago 11/18.....watch that tape and then come talk to me about the chemistry of this band

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
budnc6921
Headliner

screw you guys im going home

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »

How can i get a copy of Chicago 11/18?

"It's not worth living if you can't feel alive"
Electra King - The world is not enough
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 02:02:22 PM »

Chicago'02 is my favourite new GN'R show... beyond the MSG one. The chemistry is great exept for fuckedhead... euhhh buckethead. It's great he is gone. I couldn't bear him. I especially noticed the great chemistry between Finck and Fortus. But once again, Axl should stop to dress with xxxxxxll clothes. watching a show is also visual.
I think "Paradise City" is phenomenal on that show.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 02:05:28 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Scone
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 02:02:56 PM »

I'm with you that the band has great chemsitry together from what I've seen, I just got a few tracks from the MSG show. Watch Axl and Tommy during the ending of YCBM as well as the look Axl and Robin give eachother as Sweet Child ends. Also, Robin's solo in SCOM is gorgeous.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 02:07:07 PM »

If you want to see REAL chemistry....watch the Ritz 88. This band may have some chemistry, but its like we have transfered from Harvard to a local community college. Can you still get an education at both, absolutely, does that make the community college education as good as the Harvard....absolutely not.

The same can be said of the chemistry of this band. Do they have some....yeah, is it a serious downgrade from what we used to have.....yeah.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 02:15:20 PM »

well as the look Axl and Robin give eachother as Sweet Child ends
That is the climax of new gnr for that tour,. That look that song. right there was the end of new gnr for that tour....

Albany is another great show to watch if you doubt this bands chemistry. Even Buckethead gets involved in that show....

If you want to see REAL chemistry....watch the Ritz 88.
or watch chicago 2002  Wink this thread isnt about the old band.

The same can be said of the chemistry of this band. Do they have some....yeah, is it a serious downgrade from what we used to have.....yeah.
Being that you want to go there...

you talk of a serious downgrade. You know whats a serious downgrade? The music on CB compared to what they are capable of. Thats a serious downgrade. You know what else a serious downgrade is? The lack of respect I have for Duff and Slash, Duff in particular for running thier mouths and saying bullshit over the past few yrs. Thats the downfgrade my friend.

Back on topic....for anyone who doubts the chemistyr of this band, please go watch some of the shows on the past tour.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 02:32:09 PM »

That is the climax of new gnr for that tour,. That look that song. right there was the end of new gnr for that tour....

Albany is another great show to watch if you doubt this bands chemistry. Even Buckethead gets involved in that show....

or watch chicago 2002? Wink this thread isnt about the old band.

you talk of a serious downgrade. You know whats a serious downgrade? The music on CB compared to what they are capable of. Thats a serious downgrade. You know what else a serious downgrade is? The lack of respect I have for Duff and Slash, Duff in particular for running thier mouths and saying bullshit over the past few yrs. Thats the downfgrade my friend.

Back on topic....for anyone who doubts the chemistyr of this band, please go watch some of the shows on the past tour.

And where can i get the chicago show? I have the MSN on VHS, but i would really like to see Chicago! Is it awalible to download on the internet?

And one more thing! I Love Nightrain from Pukkelpop! Anyone seen this great clip? http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/shortclips/axlntrain.wmv

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 02:36:50 PM »

Yeah, anyone who says this band doesn't have chemistry is really in denial. This is a group of guys that genuinely, creatively connect to each other, and have a blast. It's evident in any performance you see...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2004, 02:41:15 PM »

No ones saying they don't have chemistry, just it isn't on the level of what GNR fans had grown accustomed to during the previous incarnation's 6-7 years that we had a touring, album releasing version of GNR.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 02:44:16 PM »

No ones saying they don't have chemistry, just it isn't on the level of what GNR fans had grown accustomed to during the previous incarnation's 6-7 years that we had a touring, album releasing version of GNR.
Some would say that chemistry ended during the illusions...but agian this is not another old vs new gnr thread....

Many complain and whine about the current bands chemistry. Citing that because this band doesnt eat dinner with each other every night, bang each other, or whatver else you might think makes a tight band i say go watch a show from the past tour and you will see a band with chemistry.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2004, 02:51:14 PM »

Cheesy Or rather
Community college - Ritz 88
Harvard? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? - Cicago 2002

I don't dis Community college tho.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 03:09:09 PM »

Many complain and whine about the current bands chemistry. Citing that because this band doesnt eat dinner with each other every night, bang each other, or whatver else you might think makes a tight band i say go watch a show from the past tour and you will see a band with chemistry.
Yeah that's the reason people complain n whine because they're not with eachother every other night... No one says they don't get along, people just state how it's odd that they do so many things apart from eachother, the idea only one guy knows what' truly going on, and the idea they don't have one album out as a group and can't give a piece of concrete news..

If the band was out there playing no one would care about these petty issues.. You don't need to sell anyone your chemsitry theory, it's the waiting? which has people talking..

Plus msg they were tight, there's never been a doubt for me..
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2004, 03:34:24 PM »

The band had great chemsitry by the end of the show. Of course it's a different vibe than the band that grew up and lived together in the slums til they broke big, but as a new musical entity, they were terrific. Just because this new incarnation of GnR lacks elements from the original doesn't mean there still isn't something wonder to get out of it. It's kinda like extra crispy KFC chicken: not as good as original recipe in flavor but the crunch more than compensates.

Of course all bets are off if Bucket is not in the band.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2004, 05:06:08 PM »

What is is with that Ritz 88 show?HuhHuhHuh?n Every time someone tries to prove that the new GNR is shit compared to the old one,they mention Ritz 88.
 What was so fuckin special about that?Just a bunch of young drunk punks on a tiny stage and an Axl Rose far from his peak as a performer

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2004, 05:25:01 PM »

well it is possible to have a good night...saying go look at this one show and talk to me about chemistry...come one!!!
estranged.1098
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 06:26:51 PM »

well it is possible to have a good night...saying go look at this one show and talk to me about chemistry...come one!!!

Chicago, Albany, MSG, Columbus...

To me it's not about picking the best performance, because they're all great, specially after the first ones. The problem is that some bootleg recordings are better than others.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 06:28:38 PM »

Do yourselves a favor and go get a copy of Chicago 11/18.....watch that tape and then come talk to me about the chemistry of this band

well send me a copy, im bustin' to see it rant

MSG by it's self was the best chemistry ever, fuck you haters seriously you dont know shit, they are unreal ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2004, 07:40:51 PM »

Cheesy Or rather
Community college - Ritz 88
Harvard? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? - Cicago 2002

I don't dis Community college tho.

But you are all forgetting an important part of the equation and that is Buckethead.

Buckethead dropped out of the college/university.

And yes, the band had chemistry.......but I also think that BH's departure hit Axl very hard.

Younggunner.......I think they rocked.......I saw MSG performance and Boston. 

I just hope they continue to rock, but I honestly don't see GN'R as a functioning band anymore and I'll be really surprised if CD does come out. Cry
estranged.1098
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2004, 07:42:24 PM »

But you are all forgetting an important part of the equation and that is Buckethead.

Buckethead dropped out of the college/university.

And yes, the band had chemistry.......but I also think that BH's departure hit Axl very hard.

Or not... let's wait till Guns N' Roses starts touring again to make a call.
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2004, 09:42:23 PM »

or watch chicago 2002? Wink this thread isnt about the old band.

Your a joke younggunner,what about Axls lack of respect..those guys can suck my dick... u forgot about that...Duff and Slash had the balls to tell Axl to stick it up his ass,they moved on and its obvious Axl is struggling with out them,,tick tock tick tock

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: