Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 01:34:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Megadeth mentions Axl
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth mentions Axl  (Read 7748 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2004, 04:52:08 PM »

Haldord? drool

I ment Halford.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2004, 05:24:18 PM »

I actually don't follow to much new music, but Megadeth's new song is pretty good. 
Mustaine is junk compared to Axl, but still an "ok" musician.
LaXl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2004, 06:46:14 PM »

"Mustaine is junk" is a little harsh...He's a wanker, but man, he's written some of the best shit ever.  You can't compare Axl to Mustaine because they are totally different musically.  I agree that Mustaine is not simply the 'guy who got kicked out of Metallica' - he made Metallica.  The system has failed  beats the shit out of St. Anger, but it's still not up to what Dave has done before.  As for Risk, I'm glad some people enjoy it, but even Dave does not stand by that record, and now tries to shift the blame on Marty Friedman and their management team, but Dave wrote most of it and it's piss poor radio friendly shit.  If anyone told me what to do, I'd tell them fuck right off and go manage a pop band or something.
They changed members, the logo, got rid of Vic and totally sold out, and yet Dave has the nerve to run his mouth about Axl not caring about fans.  As for 'Crush 'em', Dave himself is totally ashamed of that 'song', and admits that he sold out.   Oh and 'I'll Be There' - a sad attempt to be like Bon Jovi. He went from some amazing lyrics to "You were there for me, and now it's my turn to be there for you - always,always"  Fuck off Dave.   
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2004, 07:37:30 PM »

thats for people who get pissed cause axl wants to evolve.

i think people over emphasize dave's contributions to metallica, i think they survived quite well after his departure.

if gnr created AFD over and over and didnt evolve to the illusions they would be like ACDC, Megadeth, bands that every song every album are carbon copies of the other.

I like a band where u hear a song u can tell its different.

GNR are a better hard rock than any other hard rock band plus they are a better softer band than any other softer band.

People make mistakes when comparing bands,guitarists,frontmen, etc etc

Someone may be great playing one style but true greatness in my opinion lies in diversity.

if u make the same style of music over and over and over that isnt as talented as a band that can play multiple styles of music and play them well.

GNR get the nod over most because their rock songs are classic, their slow songs are classic and they truly sound like a band that was capable of doing anything.

Axl doesnt have a weight problem, did u see any type of bulging belly under those sports jerseys? they were flat, baggy jerseys make people look unhealthy cause the way they hang, hockey jerseys are just ugly period, but that las vegas pic floating around proves axl is probably in better shape than he was in the early 90's.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2004, 11:08:58 PM »

I agree that Mustaine is not simply the 'guy who got kicked out of Metallica' - he made Metallica.?

not to get the thread off-topic but how the hell do you figure dave made metallica? They were founded by hetfield and ulrich, who started writing music before dave joined. And if you mean made as in got them recognition or on the map that makes even less sense seeing as how they never released anything with dave on it.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2004, 03:54:30 AM »

Fuck Dave and His People! I mean i dont know how one of 'em got the balls to say Axl doesnt care about his fans, if Megadeth have done such pop shit like Risk and shit like that , How he got the balls or people can compare "st anger " the album with "The system have failed" if St anger at least its original and new material by 'Tallica , and megadeth go take some b-sides and re-record and release as "The new Album from Megadeth!" that sucks, thats betraying , dudes!
I bet my arm if Metallica or Guns N Roses would release a bunch of b-sides as Their "new album" it would be a straight hit, and two it would be criticized as well. But it will never happen to Megadeth because no one takes Megadeth that serious.
I mean if some of you want to listen a great "Metal Record" do yourself a favor and crank the "Sad wings of destiniy " from Judas Priest Up! headbanger

If the world would end today... Wink
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2004, 07:20:28 AM »

i dont know how one of 'em got the balls to say Axl doesnt care about his fans

You're talking to gnr fans here, how can you say axl cares about his fans? no
If he cared we wouldn't need to check unofficial sites to find an ounce of news, we wouldn't be on the 5-6 year waiting for chinese d, if he cared we would have gotten an explanation on teh aborted 2002 tour.. I like axl alot, but call it like you see it..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2004, 11:02:52 AM »

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/megadeth_carp_at_axl_rose.html

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
SADIS
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2004, 11:09:21 AM »

He can't even spell his name properly....what a dork. And Axl not respecting his fans? He's working his ass of to provide us with some quality music. Whatever happened to that? At least the guy tries to bring some good music in these days of total crap.

And no, I haven't heard shit, but "the Blues" and "Madagascar" are promising alot.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2004, 11:50:51 AM »

fat man suit with a bad attitude pretty bad ! but a bit funny im not laughin really im not.but it did get a bit of a chuckle out of me.

the one an only horsey !
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2004, 12:16:42 PM »

i dont care what Genre of music it is, people respect axl.? athletes,actors,rappers it doesnt matter, most people wouldnt know Dave Mustaine if he walked in with a "i am Dave mustaine" tattoo on his forehead.

amen, and to that tattoo line  rofl

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
LaXl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2004, 05:04:17 PM »

"not to get the thread off-topic but how the hell do you figure dave made metallica? They were founded by hetfield and ulrich, who started writing music before dave joined. And if you mean made as in got them recognition or on the map that makes even less sense seeing as how they never released anything with dave on it."

Do you know that Dave wrote more than he got credited for? Do you know that Cliff wrote lots of '...And Justice For All' but didn't get credited?  It's typical of Metallica.  Yes, Lars and James started the band, but Dave showed them the way.  Sorry if this is hard for you to hear, but it's the truth.
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2004, 07:16:54 PM »

Axl groupie alert...

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of over-reaction that occurs in this place if another musician says something, ever so remotely slanderous about the almighty Axl Rose.

Jesus Christ people, get over it... until Axl comes out and proves to the waiting world that he is actually still alive, what the hell do you expect people to say? It may hurt some eyes to read this, but newsflash, outside of the extreme online group of hardcore GNR fans, Axl is a has-been.

I want to hear CD, and I want GNR to rise as much as everyone else here, but please, let a bit of reality into your lives.

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2004, 08:55:10 PM »

"You were there for me, and now it's my turn to be there for you - always,always"? Fuck off Dave.? ?

rofl

so wait... let me get this...  thier own fans at their own concert/at thier own messae board complained about Dave making a 'fat' Axl joke?

well... then... there ya go
whatever his perception is of how 'Axl treats his fans' - he had to be impressed by the loyalty that fans of Axl have to him..
he actually sounds a bit annoyed... lol! 
my thing is this....   if a fan doesn't appreciate what an artist is doing (or has some resentment about what they are not doing).... either way - no one forces anyone to be a fan!
what people don't get - and what perhaps frustrates some - is this "How the FUCK does he do it?  How does he, after all these years, how does Axl Rose command such interest, and loyalty etc... afther a decade of virtual silence and 2 apparent false starts.. and no album..?" 
The answer is simple... Because he is Axl Rose.  hihi   And perhaps it bugs some other artists a bit that they don't "got it like that"  yes
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: