Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 06:13:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula One 2005 season thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula One 2005 season thread  (Read 130109 times)
Graciela
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2005, 09:30:39 AM »

But Ferrari is the only team not agreeing......

Everybody else wants to limit testing to cut down costs.

9/10 votes and still that's not enough. What a system. nervous

Yeah, but still, it's not a FIA rule; they have the money and a private circuit, they do as they please...

Anyway, a little controversy doesn't hurt. Let the guy speak!? Grin

/jarmo

Oh, don't worry. Knowing him, you'll get plenty of that. He won't shut up easily Grin
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2005, 10:00:12 AM »

Oh, don't worry. Knowing him, you'll get plenty of that. He won't shut up easily Grin

Exactly.- It feeds the rivalry.? Michael, Jenson & Alonso seem to be quite arrogant. That's good for the show...I don't know if Kimmi is quite as arrogant though...you never know with the finnish? Tongue

And what is this "gentlemen aggrement" crap, could anyone give me some light? What costs are you talking about? You mean the FIA pays for testing?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2005, 10:06:41 AM »

I don't know if Kimmi is quite as arrogant though...you never know with the finnish? Tongue

It's K-i-m-i! pissed

Kimi is quiet (he's Finnish after all), he just likes to race and to visit strip clubs in London.? Wink? hihi

And what is this "gentlemen aggrement" crap, could anyone give me some light? What costs are you talking about? You mean the FIA pays for testing?

All the other teams except Ferrari wants to cut down costs by limiting testing. Testing costs money.

Yeah, but still, it's not a FIA rule; they have the money and a private circuit, they do as they please...

Ferrari always seem to do as they please.....? Tongue

Let's hope so.? hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2005, 02:05:40 PM »

Testing costs money.

/jarmo

That doesn't make sense...well, of course testing cost money, but why the FIA has to be responsible for the testing costs? The teams themselves should be responsible for arranging their visits to the different race courses and pay the costs implied.  I don't really know what such "costs" involve, but I say if Renault, Ferrari, Bar... want to test their car, fine with me as long as they take care of the costs. I don't understand why the FIA has to cover those expenses.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2005, 03:48:32 PM »

As far as I know, the agreement was between the teams. Not the FIA.

The teams wanted to cut down on testing, Ferrari didn't.

Edit: Here's a news story from January about the agreement:

F1 teams sign testing agreement  

Nine Formula One teams have signed a voluntary deal to limit testing to 30 days during the Grand Prix season.
But Ferrari have opted not to sign the agreement, which is restricted to European circuits approved by the sport's governing body, the FIA.

Teams will not be able to test at more than one circuit on the same day or with more than two cars.

"We've had enough time to know Ferrari don't favour this sort of agreement," said Minardi's Paul Stoddart.

The agreement also specifies that teams will remain barred from using circuits that host an event on the calendar, with the exception of Silverstone, Barcelona and Monza.

A reason for Ferrari's non-participation is that they have their own tracks in Italy and sometimes test on three circuits on the same day.

Team boss Jean Todt also said recently that they expected to save over ?2m by organising tests for 2005 that would require 15 fewer team members.

Last week, it had been suggested that BAR would also opt out of the cost-cutting agreement, although team chief Nick Fry was quick to dispel those rumours.

"I think now there is a good level of agreement between all the Formula One teams, perhaps except Ferrari, that 30 days is the agreed amount," he said last Monday.

"It was suggested partly by us anyway, so 30 is the number."

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 11:06:05 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2005, 07:47:33 AM »

The FIA can suck my dick!

The maFIA? Or FIAt (who own Ferrari)? Wink

/jarmo

That's pretty funny. hihi hihi hihi

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2005, 06:54:53 PM »

Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (3rd, +0.024s):
"A pretty good result considering that we started quite early in the session. I'm upset as I made a mistake at Turn Two by going wide and I lost probably around half a second - without that we would have been quickest."

He should be upset.  hihi

Hopefully McLaren can finally give him a car that won't break down in the middle of a race!  nervous

/jarmo

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2005, 08:03:38 PM »

Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren (3rd, +0.024s):
"A pretty good result considering that we started quite early in the session. I'm upset as I made a mistake at Turn Two by going wide and I lost probably around half a second - without that we would have been quickest."

/jarmo

Half a second?

He's gotta be kidding...that would've put hin in 1'14"3....no way KiMi.

Maybe he would've qualified first, but there's no way the gap would've been half a second!

I'm expecting a thrilling qualifyng second lap tomorrow. 4 drivers are there in the money. I'm guessing Kimi and Trully will top the first two positions on the grid, Alonso will come up third. He's just gonna give them a chance? ?Cool
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2005, 08:51:58 AM »

Congratulations to Kimi.

I'll figure out what happened to Villeneuve when I watch the race later today on the network.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2005, 09:29:52 AM »

Finally!

Outstanding driving, no errors in the race itself.

I got a little nervous when he was shaking his head after the pit stop.....

/jarmo

Graciela
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2005, 03:53:59 PM »

That wasn't very gentleman like, was it? It was supposed to be Fernando's party! pissed

Seriously now, congratulations... Damm! That car is fast...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 03:56:39 PM by Graciela » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2005, 04:04:43 PM »

That wasn't very gentleman like, was it? It was supposed to be Fernando's party! pissed

Well, Fernando stole Kimi's victory before so....  Tongue

The car was fast?

The talented Finnish driver drove the car fast without making any errors.  yes

/jarmo

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2005, 03:41:47 AM »

Well, Fernando stole Kimi's victory before so....? Tongue

The car was fast?

The talented Finnish driver drove the car fast without making any errors.? yes

/jarmo

Congrats Jarmo!!! A very talented finnish driver and a very fast (and now reliable) car indeed!!!.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2005, 04:04:01 AM »

Alonso let Kimi won this one... Cool

Something will go wrong in Kimi's car again soon  Tongue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2005, 06:41:10 AM »

Sure. He let Kimi kick his ass at home in front of all his fans.  Grin

Something will go wrong in Kimi's car again soon? Tongue

Typical. Wishing something will go wrong with his car when your guy can't beat him in a fair situation.....? no

Congrats Jarmo!!! A very talented finnish driver and a very fast (and now reliable) car indeed!!!.

I wouldn't call it reliable yet. Finishing one race doesn't make it reliable.

Compared to Renault, they still have to prove that the reliability is there.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 06:48:24 AM by jarmo » Logged

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2005, 07:33:58 AM »

Sure. He let Kimi kick his ass at home in front of all his fans.? Grin

Something will go wrong in Kimi's car again soon? Tongue

Typical. Wishing something will go wrong with his car when your guy can't beat him in a fair situation.....? no

/jarmo

Not to take away any of Kimi's deserved victory, but Alonso blistered his tyres during his first tint, which took edge of his renault handling. That 15-20 seconds gap was conceived during the first 15-20 laps.

This's only been kimi's first win...Mclaren is making up excuses already as they lost so many points so far it's gonna be tough to reach Alonso. Alonso is the guy to beat, he's won 3 races, two of them from wire to wire.  Grin

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2005, 08:47:42 AM »

Not to take away any of Kimi's deserved victory, but Alonso blistered his tyres during his first tint, which took edge of his renault handling. That 15-20 seconds gap was conceived during the first 15-20 laps.

What do you blame the qualifying on then? How about Imola where Kimi was doing the same thing until his McLaren decided to quit?

I thought Kimi was using a very light car when he just disappeared, but luckily he wasn't.

This's only been kimi's first win...Mclaren is making up excuses already as they lost so many points so far it's gonna be tough to reach Alonso. Alonso is the guy to beat, he's won 3 races, two of them from wire to wire.

The excuse is that their car wasn't good enough to win races before Imola.

Kimi made an error in Australia, but I don't think he would've won there anyway. He had a chance at Imola though.

McLaren aren't stupid. They're saying things like that to put pressure on Alonso instead of starting to call themselves champions after one win.

I don't think McLaren will win this year, all I want is to have a good fight between Alonso and R?ikk?nen instead of having the season "over" in September....

/jarmo

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2005, 04:46:33 PM »

A good qualifyer doesn't make you a good racer. Look at Trully, he has been the best overall qualifier and he's 20 points behind alonso.

Yes, Kimi was winning in Imola, but he only had a 3 second difference when his car broke down. Alonso had managed to maintain the difference gained entirely on lap one.

I'm just saying you have to give credit when credit is due. Kimi had a chance in Imola because he was first  when his car broke down, but his lead wasn't as dominant as in Barcelona. It'd have been very interesting to watch had kimi had a reliable car. The reason behind that 15-20 second difference in Barcelona coul've had something to do with Alonso's early problems.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2005, 05:27:41 PM »

A good qualifyer doesn't make you a good racer.

Yeah, but are you saying Alonso just isn't good at qualifying since he was slower than Kimi?

That makes no sense......  Wink

Yes, Kimi was winning in Imola, but he only had a 3 second difference when his car broke down. Alonso had managed to maintain the difference gained entirely on lap one.

I'm just saying you have to give credit when credit is due. Kimi had a chance in Imola because he was first? when his car broke down, but his lead wasn't as dominant as in Barcelona. It'd have been very interesting to watch had kimi had a reliable car. The reason behind that 15-20 second difference in Barcelona coul've had something to do with Alonso's early problems.

I find it interesting that now that Kimi won with a big margin, it was just because his car was so much better.

If Fernando had won because Kimi's car had broken down, you'd be posting how great he was driving and not even mention his tyre problems.  Tongue

Grin

/jarmo

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2005, 04:01:24 AM »

Yeah, but are you saying Alonso just isn't good at qualifying since he was slower than Kimi?

No...but just making a point since you refer to the qualifyng laps. Trully is a much better qualifyer than a race driver, By saying that I'm not implying that he is better or worse than Alonso, but sometimes strategy may interfere with the possibility of being first on the grid.

I find it interesting that now that Kimi won with a big margin, it was just because his car was so much better.

If Fernando had won because Kimi's car had broken down, you'd be posting how great he was driving and not even mention his tyre problems.? Tongue

Grin

/jarmo

No...I just pointed out that the big difference Kimi gained from Lap 1 to lap 15 could've gotten something to do with Alonso's tyre problems. You were saying how something similar occured in Imola while I argued with such statement. Both races were totally different, while in Barcelona Kimi's difference was 20 seconds, In Imola was just 3 when he was forced to quit.

I do agree that this is beneficial for the show though. However, you don't worry. We won't have to talk about this anymore since Alonso is going to win every race from now on. Wink
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 04:52:40 AM by Ignatius » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: