Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:39:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula One 2005 season thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula One 2005 season thread  (Read 130103 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2005, 07:36:40 AM »

Ron Dennis disagrees with you.  hihi

Kimi didn't think it was that bad. He thought it should hold a few more laps.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Graciela
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2005, 09:27:40 AM »

Kimi didn't think it was that bad. He thought it should hold a few more laps.

/jarmo

Well, obviously... If he knew that the suspension would break in the last lap, I'm pretty sure he would have stopped...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 08:38:43 AM by Graciela » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2005, 09:46:26 AM »

Also, it didn't look too alarming at the last pit stop or they would've made him come in and change the tyre right after.

If Kimi had won the race, or even finished second, McLaren's decision would've been "brilliant".? hihi

I just realized that Kimi also retired at the 2003 race where he was leading. He ended up losing the world championship.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 08:43:59 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Graciela
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2005, 08:44:36 AM »

Also, it didn't look too alarming at the last pit stop or they would've made him come in and change the tyre right after.

Yes, it did look alarming, they had the new tyre ready. Obviously that would mean loosing precious time with Alonso...

If Kimi had won the race, or even finished second, McLaren's decision would've been "brilliant".? hihi

If, if, if... If Kimi hadn't made those mistakes the tyre would be fine...

I just realized that Kimi also retired at the 2003 race where he was leading. He ended up losing the world championship.....

/jarmo

Losing it or not winning it?? Its diferent...  Tongue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2005, 09:00:47 AM »

Of course they had the tyre ready, but that was before they had seen it. I guess they decided after looking at it and talking to Kimi that it would hold until the end of the race.

- If Villeneuve had let Kimi pass, his tyre would've been in a better state.
- If the weather had been cooler, his tyre might have been in a better state.
- If Kimi drove like he was on a Sunday cruise instead of pushing the car, his tyre would've been in a better state.

hihi

As far as I know, he made one big mistake and that caused the rest. The one big mistake was due to him lapping Villeneuve. But, it's racing, things happen. I'm not making excuses for him.

In my opinion he showed once again that McLaren can win races. Just like they showed in Barcelona and Monaco.
Renault won because of Kimi's problems (you Alonso fans might wanna attack me saying "he won because he drove a great race". That's not the point here so save it.). They along with McLaren have the best cars at the moment.

Williams is getting closer, but they were only fast because of their three stop strategy. BAR was a disappointment.

/jarmo

John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2005, 09:56:51 AM »

BAR was a disappointment.

would the removed "extra tank" have any excuse for BAR being slow.. if they are still slow in the next few races, most people will assume that the extra fuel tank had a crucial effect for BAR.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2005, 11:26:28 AM »

Renault won because of Kimi's problems (you Alonso fans might wanna attack me saying "he won because he drove a great race". That's not the point here so save it.)

/jarmo

Well, the same could be said about Mclaren winning in Barcelona & Montercarlo. Alonso had problems in both races with his tyres, (and the shit strategy as well in Monaco) and that could've been the main reason why Kimi's gap ended being so big. Remember Alonso finished fourth in Monaco, Webber and Hetfield overtook him in a race course where it's almost impossible to do so.

Playing "what would've happened" game is stupid though. There's no telling what could've happened. The fact is there are two great young competitive drivers dominating the F1 right now, and believe or not, I kinda felt a mix-feeling when Kimi's suspension collapsed cause the difference now is bigger for Alonso. Had kimi won, we would be talking about a 20 point margin, instead of 32. Both drivers deserve to be up there, with a much closer point difference between the two.

Anyway, this thread is lots of fun. 10 days left to Canada  ok

From now on we all should post our favorites for next race ( actually, all year long) Each saturday (before the race), we should list our top 8 for that race, and whoever gets more points at the end of the year, will get a free shirt or whatever...

Graciela
« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2005, 11:31:21 AM »

From now on we all should post our favorites for next race ( actually, all year long) Each saturday (before the race), we should list our top 8 for that race, and whoever gets more points at the end of the year, will get a free shirt or whatever...

Good idea. Before the race or before the qualifying?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2005, 11:34:12 AM »

Remember Alonso finished fourth in Monaco, Webber and Hetfield overtook him in a race course where it's almost impossible to do so.

Maybe you disagree with me but I think nobody could've beaten Kimi in Monaco. ?Wink

Playing "what would've happened" game is stupid though. There's no telling what could've happened.

I agree. Cheesy

Anyway, this thread is lots of fun. 10 days left to Canada? ok

Different kind of track compared to the last one.

McLaren and Renault should be strong again. Maybe Williams and Toyota too. Who knows with Ferrari.....

I'm really bad at guessing. ?hihi

/jarmo

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2005, 11:34:55 AM »

Good idea. Before the race or before the qualifying?

Let's do it after the qualifying...what do you guys think?

Edit.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 11:49:20 AM by Ignatius » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #170 on: June 01, 2005, 11:37:33 AM »

Picking the positions before you can see the strategies etc.?  nervous

/jarmo

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #171 on: June 01, 2005, 11:41:45 AM »

I'm really bad at guessing. ?hihi

/jarmo

Estamos de acuerdo Graciela? ok

Yeah...

Saturday, after qualifying...

People would have till saturday to post their top 8. Cant post on sunday though.

Maybe cocaine, arron, skeletor, daniels would like to particpate too.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: June 01, 2005, 12:33:04 PM »

Sounds good.

How many will pick somebody other than Kimi or Fernando as the winner? Wink

/jarmo

John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #173 on: June 01, 2005, 01:06:42 PM »

it's shame to beat you with my F1 knowledge which is something else..  Grin

so I'm in for winning this race..this game should be easy for me.  Wink
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #174 on: June 01, 2005, 06:36:38 PM »

Sounds good.

How many will pick somebody other than Kimi or Fernando as the winner? Wink

/jarmo

Twisting my arm? hihi hihi Wink

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #175 on: June 02, 2005, 09:29:14 AM »

JV IN SAUBER'S BAD BOOKS

Peter Sauber has admitted that Jacques Villeneuve is in his bad books following his failed overtaking attempt at Monaco that cost him and his team-mate Felipe Massa a chance of finishing in the points.

The Swiss team boss summoned his drivers to a dressing down at his factory at Hinwil, but has refused to speak publicly about details of the meeting.

Sauber did however admit that was not impressed with JV's error.

"I was really angry, but in these situations it is important not to get too emotional," he told Autosport's website.

"I will not comment on what has been said there. If I read about reprimands or fines or whatever, I have no idea where that does come from.

"I only say this much: I have a black book in which I keep a record of plus and minus points. And Jacques got some severe minus points for his manoeuvre in Monaco."

There were suggestions in some quarters that the incident wouldn't have happened if Massa, who was struggling on worn tyres, had moved over and let Villeneuve past.

But Sauber says this does not excuse the crash between the two and that such a strategy is against the regulations.

"For the team, it does not matter if it is Villeneuve and Massa, or Massa and Villeneuve in the end; for the drivers, the difference is huge," he said.

"Orders like these are most unsympathetic.

"Apart from that, team orders are forbidden."

HEIKKI JOINS RENAULT SUBS BENCH

Renault has appointed Finnish GP2 star Heikki Kovalainen as its reserve driver for this month?s Canadian and US Grands Prix.

The 23-year-old takes over from official reserve driver Franck Montagny, who will be driving at Le Mans for the Oreca-Audi team.

The role is largely nominal as Renault is not entitled to field a third driver for the purposes of Friday testing, but it means that Kovalainen would step in to the race seat in the event that either of the race drivers were indisposed (as when Anthony Davidson stood in for the fever-stricken Takuma Sato at BAR in Malaysia).

The shuffle means that Renault development driver Jose Maria Lopez will get his first opportunity to sample the R25 when he performs Kovalainen?s regular pre-race shakedown.

http://www.itv-f1.com

Kovalainen for F1!  Grin

He's been doing pretty good so far in GP2. That must generate some interest among the F1 teams.....

/jarmo

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #176 on: June 10, 2005, 08:42:37 AM »

Ok...Let's try to make this work.

The Canadian Grand Prix is around the corner.

We've got the qualifying Saturday. After the qualifying, let's guess the top 8 positions for the race on sunday. Remember, you have only saturday or sunday ( before the race) to do so.

We'll add the points from your top 8 and whoever scores more points, wins. Let's just do it for fun and then we can decide the prize (cd, shirt, dvd...losers pay) the winner gets.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2005, 09:30:05 AM »

The qualifying and race are in the evening (European time). So don't expect any list tomorrow afternoon.  hihi

/jarmo

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2005, 04:40:47 PM »

Qualifying Results:

1.- Button
2.- Schumi
3.- Fernando
4.- Fishichella
5.-Montoya
6.-Sato
7.-Kimi
8.-Villeneuve
9.-Trully
10.- Ralf...

Ok, a surprise seeing BAR there taking the pole. And a Ferrari...

My Guess is (gonna take a huge gamble here...)

1.-Schumi
2.-Alonso
3.-Kimi
4.-Button
5.-Montoya
6.-Sato
7.-Fishichella
8:-Truly

Jarmo, Graciela, Drew...? your guess please.
Graciela
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2005, 06:43:33 PM »

Hummm... I think I'll wait till tomorrow. Renault engineers are right now trying to fix an oil leak in Fernando's car. If they can't he is gonna have to use a new engine...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: