Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 07:12:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula One 2005 season thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula One 2005 season thread  (Read 130119 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2005, 06:53:16 PM »

Qualifying Results:

1.- Button
2.- Schumi
3.- Fernando
4.- Fishichella
5.-Montoya
6.-Sato
7.-Kimi
8.-Villeneuve
9.-Trully
10.- Ralf...

Ok, a surprise seeing BAR there taking the pole. And a Ferrari...

My Guess is (gonna take a huge gamble here...)

1.-Schumi
2.-Alonso
3.-Kimi
4.-Button
5.-Montoya
6.-Sato
7.-Fishichella
8:-Truly

Jarmo, Graciela, Drew...? your guess please.

I guess I'd go who's been hot and consistent. And they would be Alonso and Kimi. Not really going out on a limb, am I?  Wink

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #181 on: June 11, 2005, 07:05:07 PM »

We'll add the points from your top 8 and whoever scores more points, wins. 

I think we should get one point for each right position picked.

Somebody might get two right and still get less points than the guy who picked the winner if we do it any other way...

I'll post my guess tomorrow.

Plenty of time since the race isn't on until the evening.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #182 on: June 12, 2005, 06:08:12 AM »

I think we should get one point for each right position picked.

/jarmo

Cool...

Let's do that then.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2005, 06:21:53 AM »

I'm thinking about the list right now.. can I play along without price (as a special guest ?Tongue)..what can I say, I'm a coward and can't handle the pressure.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2005, 08:56:22 AM »

There's no prizes except the honor.? Grin

Everybody is welcome to play and it's just for fun.

Having a prize just makes it way more serious that it really is in my opinion.

At least that's how I see it.

1. Fernando Alonso      Renault
2. Kimi R?ikk?nen       McLaren
3. Juan Pablo Montoya   McLaren
4. Jenson Button        BAR
5. Michael Schumacher   Ferrari
6. Takuma Sato          BAR
7. Giancarlo Fisichella Renault
8. Jarno Trulli         Toyota

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 10:38:38 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #185 on: June 12, 2005, 09:28:04 AM »

Okay. Here's my list. A little bit safety and surprise in the same package. (please don't copy? Wink)

1. R?ikk?nen
2. M. Scumacher
3. Alonso
4. Montoya
5. Button
6. Fisichella
7. Villeneuve
8. Trulli

edit. got 10 picks, now 8 it is.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 09:31:14 AM by John Daniels » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2005, 09:43:40 AM »

Here's mine:

1. Alonso
2. M. Schumacher
3. Trulli
4. Button
5. Sato
6. Villeneuve
7. Raikkonen
8. R. Schumacher

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #187 on: June 12, 2005, 09:44:39 AM »

Ok, here's my guess. Smiley

1. Alonso
2. R?ikk?nen
3. Montoya
4. Trulli
5. Villeneuve
6. Button
7. M. Schumacher
8. Fisichella

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Graciela
« Reply #188 on: June 12, 2005, 11:16:07 AM »

Ok, here we go (and I hope I'm wrong on the first one? hihi)

1. Schumacher
2. Alonso
3. Raikkonen
4. Montoya
5. R. Schumacher
6. Button
7. Fisichella
8. Trulli
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 11:18:33 AM by Graciela » Logged
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #189 on: June 12, 2005, 02:00:35 PM »

Fernando's out? no

I knew it was gonna happen sooner or later. To be fair, this will be good for the championship.

I have no doubt now Kimi's gonna win today.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 02:06:57 PM by Ignatius » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2005, 02:52:57 PM »

I was sure the safety car would mess things up for McLaren. The 30 second gap just disappeared.....

I'm really surprised to see that McLaren wasn't running with heavier cars than Renault. I thought they would.

Bad luck for Renault this time around. I don't know what exactly happened to Alonso. Was it just a driving error?

/jarmo

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #191 on: June 12, 2005, 03:03:34 PM »

Bad luck for Renault this time around. I don't know what exactly happened to Alonso. Was it just a driving error?

/jarmo

So it seems. Sucks that we had a commercial break when Fernando's incident was happening, when we were back, they were just showing Fernando's getting out of the car. Apperantly, he barely hit the wall and that ruined the race for him. Fisichella had something with the hidraulics of his car.

Now the gap is 22 points. Still a strong lead for Fernando though. I'm looking forward next race though.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #192 on: June 12, 2005, 03:13:21 PM »

The HTGTH F-1 Fantasy game

Scoring 12/06/05

John Daniels --- 2 points
Gypsy Soul --- 1 points
Graciela --- 0 points
Drew --- 0 points
Ignatius --- 0 points
Jarmo --- 0 points

Graciela
« Reply #193 on: June 12, 2005, 03:19:19 PM »

What a disaster for Renault. At least Alonso's was an unforced error, the car is still doing well...

And yes, this definitely will make the championship more interesting.  ok
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #194 on: June 12, 2005, 04:08:40 PM »

Great race, specially for Rubens Barichello and Felipe Massa...Rubens did a great race, caming from the 20th position to 3rd and massa, with a shitty car got a 4th position...I'm hopping that he really go to Ferrari next year, he is a great driver and with him on ferrari, michael will not have anything as easy as he had with rubens...

This race proved one more time that Mark(eting) webber is a terrible driver, I really don't know where Frank had his head when he decided to hired him as his 1st driver...he don't desirve to drive even a jordan car, he is terrible...

But it was a great race and I can't wait to watch the next race in USA, I hope that Webber crash his car like ralph did last year ok

John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2005, 10:38:26 AM »

The HTGTH F-1 Fantasy game

Scoring 12/06/05

John Daniels --- 2 points
Gypsy Soul --- 1 points
Graciela --- 0 points
Drew --- 0 points
Ignatius --- 0 points
Jarmo --- 0 points

first of all Alonso sucks, I rule... Grin

It was about a time for Alonso to have some bad luck. continual good luck can't maintain forever, that is what we got shown in the last race. Alonso said that he made a little mistake in the wrong place. I think Alonso was irritated about not getting pass Fisico eventhough he was much quicker. Montoy was getting closer.. the spanish temper got carried away and led to that little mistake.

This time Kimi won the race and now again the situation is much more interesting what comes to the F1 championchip. Kimi has said that weren't really sure how strong they would be in the Montreal and USA for sure would be better for them. I was surprised that Renault was much quicker than Mclaren in the qualifying with the same strategy..well nice to see how is it going to go in the next race.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2005, 08:17:27 AM »

DENNIS: JPM EXCLUSION HARSH

McLaren team principal Ron Dennis believes that Juan Pablo Montoya's exclusion from the Canadian Grand Prix was too severe a penalty for ignoring red lights in the pitlane.

Montoya lost the lead of the race after pitting a lap later than his team-mate Kimi Raikkonen behind the Safety Car.

Out of track position, the Colombian scrambled back on to the track, but in his haste missed the red light which means a driver must wait before he can return to the track.

"We are here fighting for both championships and I just think that a problem with a black flag is that you are unable to protest it after the event," Dennis told ITV-F1 afterwards.

"If you do not adhere to it you are going to be in even more severely penalised and I just can't see that the crime fitted the punishment.

"It really didn't, but that's motor racing."

Montoya has had a difficult start to 2005 with his new team and looked to be heading for victory until the pitlane mix-up.

Dennis admitted that the team made a mistake by not calling Montoya in at the same time as Raikkonen, but the Colombian was not pointing fingers.

"As a team we all try so hard to be the best but nobody is perfect," he said, "and not being told to stop immediately after the Safety Car was deployed was made worse by me missing the red light which ultimately was the end of my race.

"I'm disappointed because I was so close to winning my first race for the team.

"I will quickly put all this behind me because I love Indianapolis and I'm really looking forward to racing there next week even though I will be somewhat penalised for having to qualify last."

I was surprised when I saw the black flag. I couldn't remember the last time I had seen one. Must've been years ago when somebody's car was in a bad shape so they took him out that way.

JPM USED TO "TOUGH" TREATMENT

Juan Pablo Montoya reckons his disqualification from the Canadian Grand Prix was unfair but that he is getting used to harsh treatment from the FIA.

Montoya was handed penalties in the previous two US Grands Prix.

In 2003 a collision with Rubens Barrichello that eliminated the Ferrari driver cost the Colombian a drive-through penalty while last year a late change to the Williams T-car saw Montoya disqualified.

In the Monaco Grand Prix last month, Montoya drew more heat when he ill-advisedly brake-tested Ralf Schumacher and reports suggest that the FIA has told McLaren to keep him in a tight leash.

But Montoya says he has always been singled out for punishment.

"Over the years, every time something happens, I get a big penalty... a big everything on me," he told CBS television in the US.

"It's a little bit unfair, but it's their (the stewards') decision and you have to respect it. You have to deal with it.

"Whether you like it or not, that's what it is. For some reason the FIA decided to disqualify me, they've been pretty tough on me."

Montoya said he drew encouragement from the fact that for the first time in 2005, he had the measure of his team-mate Kimi Raikkonen in Canada and that he was heading for victory before the pit stop mix-up.

"Of course, it would be nice to have the win, but I'm happy that I'm competitive," he said.

"When I resumed with the pace car I was a bit surprised because I saw there was a red and a flashing blue beside it so I kind of slowed down."

"I went to ask the team it's kind of strange if they're going to stop me that I have to stop in the pit lane, so I just continued and they (McLaren) said 'you're probably going to get a drive-through penalty'."

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 12:26:14 PM by jarmo » Logged

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2005, 06:34:56 AM »

Indianapolis qualifying is today...

Remember, you have until sunday right before the race to post your "top" 8.

So far, John Daniels leads (2 points), followed by Gypsy Soul (1).

I'm anticipating one of the best F-1 races in years.? yes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2005, 12:44:31 PM »

I think we'll see lots of tyre problems..... Especially with the cars using Michelin.  nervous

Toyota had some serious problems with their tyres and Ralf Schumacher crashed. He won't be racing this weekend.

/jarmo

John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2005, 01:31:01 PM »

Renault has told that they will not race if Michelin can't support new tires for them..was it form France? Michelin has urged seven teams to not participate on the race concerning tyre problems.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: