Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 06:02:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228026 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula One 2005 season thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula One 2005 season thread  (Read 131332 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #260 on: July 11, 2005, 02:46:18 PM »

The F-1 HTGTH Fantasy League Championship

Gypsy Soul --- 4 Points
Jarmo --- 4 points
Pinball --- 3 points
Ignatius --- 3 points
John Daniels --- 3 points
Graciela --- 2 points
Kiki --- 2 points
Drew --- 0 points

0 points?!! Shocked I sure have some work to do in order to catch up. Grin

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #261 on: July 11, 2005, 03:28:35 PM »

Gypsy Soul --- 4 Points
Jarmo --- 4 points
Pinball --- 3 points
Ignatius --- 3 points
Graciela --- 2 points
Kiki --- 2 points
Drew --- 0 points

0 points?!! Shocked I sure have some work to do in order to catch up. Grin

Here you go ... you can have two of Jarmo's points!!!? ?hihi

Gypsy Soul --- 4 Points
Pinball --- 3 points
Ignatius --- 3 points
Graciela --- 2 points
Kiki --- 2 points
Drew --- 2 points
Jarmo --- 2 points

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #262 on: July 11, 2005, 05:39:07 PM »

Here you go ... you can have two of Jarmo's points!!!   hihi

Gypsy Soul --- 4 Points
Pinball --- 3 points
Ignatius --- 3 points
Graciela --- 2 points
Kiki --- 2 points
Drew --- 2 points
Jarmo --- 2 points

lol.. hihi hihi hihi hihi

Thanks GypsySoul. Looks like the only way I can get any points is to take them from Jarmo. rofl rofl rofl

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #263 on: July 15, 2005, 04:10:46 AM »

FIA SENATE CLEARS MICHELIN TEAMS OF GUILT

The FIA Senate has recommended that the seven Michelin-supplied teams found guilty of bringing Formula 1 into disrepute following the US GP fiasco at Indianapolis should have their verdicts overturned.

Following an emergency meeting of the Senate in Monaco, attended by McLaren boss Ron Dennis (representing the teams) and Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner, on Thursday, the FIA claimed new evidence brought forward absolved the teams of any guilt.

The FIA's statement, which followed the meeting, points the finger at tyre supplier Michelin, which instructed its teams not race.

The French company claims its tyres were unsafe to use during the race after a series of failures through practice at Turn 13.

The teams argued successfully on Thursday that they were legally bound to follow this instruction.

"Having examined the new evidence? the Senate was satisfied that the teams were contractually bound to follow the instructions of their tyre supplier and that their tyre supplier had expressly prohibited them from racing at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in its licensed configuration," read the statement.

"Recognising that for both sporting and legal reasons it was impossible for the FIA to authorise a change to the circuit configuration and that both the FIA and the teams could have faced serious legal difficulties in the United States had they not observed to the letter their respective rules and contractual obligations, the Senate was of the view that having regard to this new evidence, disciplinary proceedings against the teams had ceased to be appropriate and were no longer in the interest of the sport.

The statement continued by saying all charges against the teams, which are set to appeal the verdicts in a World Council hearing on September 14, should be dropped.

"It is anticipated that this recommendation will be put to the World Motor Sport Council by means of a fax vote in the next few days," said the statement.

http://www.itv-f1.com

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #264 on: July 15, 2005, 09:46:57 AM »

"Recognising that for both sporting and legal reasons it was impossible for the FIA to authorise a change to the circuit configuration and that both the FIA and the teams could have faced serious legal difficulties in the United States had they not observed to the letter their respective rules and contractual obligations, the Senate was of the view that having regard to this new evidence, disciplinary proceedings against the teams had ceased to be appropriate and were no longer in the interest of the sport.

The statement continued by saying all charges against the teams, which are set to appeal the verdicts in a World Council hearing on September 14, should be dropped.

So if nobody is guilty of anything then who's gonna compensate the fans who were there?? Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #265 on: July 15, 2005, 01:19:58 PM »

So if nobody is guilty of anything then who's gonna compensate the fans who were there?? Roll Eyes

they got the money back, otherwise it sucks.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #266 on: July 15, 2005, 01:57:36 PM »

Was it the venue who reimbursed the fans?? If it was the venue then I'd think they'd be looking to sue somebody to get their $$$ back and if that's the case, I wonder how/if this ruling would affect a lawsuit?

John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #267 on: July 16, 2005, 08:16:17 AM »

Was it the venue who reimbursed the fans?? If it was the venue then I'd think they'd be looking to sue somebody to get their $$$ back and if that's the case, I wonder how/if this ruling would affect a lawsuit?

all I know is that the ticket money was promised to give back to the fans that were threre. Who is/was the pay man? Don't know. Perhaps the venue but there can be some compensation between venue and FIA.  Don't know the current situation of law suits, I think there were a couple of them...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #268 on: July 16, 2005, 01:17:56 PM »

Michelin begin refunding Indy spectators
Saturday July 16 2005

Michelin have begun the process of refunding the 120,000 fans who were treated to a six-car United States Grand Prix farce at Indianapolis last month.

The French company's tyres were not safe to compete at Indianapolis, forcing seven teams to pull out of the race on the warm-up lap and provoking outrage among fans.

As part of their bid to restore the tainted reputation of Michelin and Formula One in the US, they promised to refund all ticket holders and buy another 20,000 tickets for next year's race to be handed out free of charge.

That process has begun today with Michelin hoping they have done enough to end the American backlash against them, which saw share prices plummet in the aftermath of the race.

"By working with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, we've created a thorough and quick process to reach out to all those fans present at the United States Grand Prix and offer them the face value refund of their race day ticket," said Jim Micali, chairman and president of Michelin North America.

"In addition to the ticket refund, we will provide 20,000 tickets to the 2006 US Grand Prix at Indianapolis to dedicated fans who purchased tickets to this year's race. We hope through these gestures to encourage the further development of Formula One in the United States."

Track president Joie Chitwood, who delivered stinging criticism of the fiasco in an angry press conference just hours after the race, has applauded Michelin's actions.

He said: "Although many different parties had an influence on the race run at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on June 19, Michelin has made a tremendous commitment to the fans of the United States Grand Prix.

"We've been working closely with Michelin to work out the details of the ticket refund process and we commend them on their commitment to a speedy and full response to the fans."

Friday's move follows the previous day's decision by world governing body the FIA to absolve the seven teams of blame following new evidence which proved they were legally unable to race after advice from Michelin.

http://www.planet-f1.com/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #269 on: July 23, 2005, 07:45:40 AM »

My picks for the race at Hockenheim in Germany:

1. Kimi R?ikk?nen McLaren
2. Fernando Alonso Renault
3. Michael Schumacher Ferrari
4. Giancarlo Fisichella Renault
5. Jenson Button BAR
6. Juan Pablo Montoya McLaren
7. Nick Heidfeld Williams
8. Jarno Trulli Toyota

Hopefully Kimi doesn't have to change his engine now.....? nervous

/jarmo

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2005, 07:48:48 AM »

My German race picks:

1. ?Raikkonen
2. ?M. Schumacher
3. ?Alonso
4. ?Button
5. ?Fisichella
6. ?R. Schumacher
7. ?Heidfeld
8. ?Montoya

Graciela
« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2005, 07:50:37 AM »

1. Kimi R?ikk?nen McLaren
2. Fernando Alonso Renault
3. Giancarlo Fisichella Renault ?
4. Michael Schumacher Ferrari
5. Juan Pablo Montoya McLaren
6. Jenson Button BAR
7. Mark Webber Williams
8. Nick Heidfeld Williams

John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2005, 08:06:32 AM »

1.  R?ikk?nen
2.  Alonso
3.  M. Schumacher
4.  Webber
5.  Fisichella
6.  Button
7.  Montoya
8.  Trulli
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2005, 09:40:35 AM »

My pics (Alonso carries heavier full loads...)

1.- Fernando Alonso
2.- Kimi Raikonnen
3.- Jenson Button
4.- Michael Schumacher
5.- Fisichella
6.- Juan Pablito Montoya
7.- Mark Webber
8.- Jarno Trulli
John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2005, 10:34:23 AM »

heavier than Raikkonen? has it been said so?
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #275 on: July 23, 2005, 11:39:56 AM »

heavier than Raikkonen? has it been said so?

Yes.? Briatore and Denis called me before the qualification to ask about whay strategy to follow? Tongue

I'm just guessing based in what I've seen today ( we are all guessing here John, don't forget that we all guess before the race - that's the purpose of this) . Fernado lost .6 seconds, he even got beat by Button? confused so I'm just assuming? - based on that I believe he didn't make any errors today
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 11:41:50 AM by Ignatius » Logged
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #276 on: July 24, 2005, 12:32:22 AM »

1. Kimi Raikkonen
2. Alonso
3. Michael
4. Heidfeld
5. Button
6. Fisichella
7. Montoya
8. Trulli

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #277 on: July 24, 2005, 07:31:59 AM »

Beer in one hand, sandwich in the other...

Can't wait for this race. I have a feeling this could be the best race we've gotten so far.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 07:35:08 AM by Ignatius » Logged
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #278 on: July 24, 2005, 07:56:56 AM »

? ? ? ? ? ? ?
1? Michael Schumacher

2? ?Kimi R?ikk?nen

3? Jenson Button

4? Fernando Alonso

5? Giancarlo Fisichella

6? Takuma Sato
? ? ? ? ? ? ?
7? Jarno Trulli? ?

8? Rubens Barrichello
? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #279 on: July 24, 2005, 10:12:25 AM »

The HTGTH Formula 1 Fantasy league (German Grand Prix)

Ignatius --- 2 points
Jarmo --- 1 point
Kiki --- 1 point
Gypsy--- 0 points
Graciela --- 0 points
John Daniels --- 0 points
Pinball --- 0 points

THe HTGTH Formula 1 Fantasy league Rankings

Ignatius --- 5 points
Jarmo --- 5 points
Gypsy Soul --- 4 Points
Pinball --- 3 points
Kiki --- 3 points
Graciela --- 2 points
Drew --- 0 points

Kimi....What can be said?

Maclaren's car are the quickest, but apperantly, they are not the most reliable.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: