Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 03:31:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228026 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula One 2005 season thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula One 2005 season thread  (Read 131321 times)
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #280 on: July 24, 2005, 10:15:29 AM »

My pics (Alonso carries heavier full loads...)

heavier than Raikkonen? has it been said so?

Yes.? Briatore and Denis called me before the qualification to ask about whay strategy to follow? Tongue

oh really.. Smiley well, your guess was wrong.

such a sad race for Kimi. Mercedes is totally screwing up Kimi's chances to win championchip 2005. No it's over, i think. Credit for Alonso but Kimi was the quickest driver of this weekend, again. Without Kimi's engine problems the situation would be totally different.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #281 on: July 24, 2005, 10:25:13 AM »

Yes.? Briatore and Denis called me before the qualification to ask about whay strategy to follow? Tongue

oh really.. Smiley well, your guess was wrong.

Yes, I sure was. I thought Fernando was carrying a heavier full load because there was such a big gap, when the reason was that Mclaren was way faster.

such a sad race for Kimi. Mercedes is totally screwing up Kimi's chances to win championchip 2005. No it's over, i think. Credit for Alonso but Kimi was the quickest driver of this weekend, again. Without Kimi's engine problems the situation would be totally different.

Yes I agree. Kimi was faster than Alonso, so was Montoya as well. Mclaren has been a step ahead from Renault this weekend, but being the quickest, is not always enough. We've talked about this before, there are many things which do play an important role in any given race; speed, car reliability, driving, luck...

Believe it or not, I'm not that happy that the race ended like this. This is almost over now....
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 10:57:07 AM by Ignatius » Logged
John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #282 on: July 24, 2005, 10:43:07 AM »

Yes. that's true. Renault is better team right now. It takes a lot of more than being only quickest.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2005, 06:54:03 PM »

The HTGTH Formula 1 Fantasy league (German Grand Prix)

Ignatius --- 2 points
Jarmo --- 1 point
Kiki --- 1 point
Gypsy--- 0 points
Graciela --- 0 points
John Daniels --- 0 points
Pinball --- 0 points

rant? HEY!!!? I picked Ralf Schumacher to come in 6th and he came in 6th!!!? rant

So for your scoring penalty, your two points go to Drew!!!

The GYPSY? Formula 1 Fantasy league Rankings

Gypsy Soul --- 5 Points
Drew --- 4 points? (2 points this week from Ignatius and 2 points last week from Jarmo)
Pinball --- 3 points
John Daniels --- 3 points
Kiki --- 3 points
Ignatius --- 3 points
Graciela --- 3 points (Graciela deserves Jarmo's point from this week)
Jarmo --- 2 points

Kimi....What can be said?
It can be said that Kimi's car is sucky? Tongue
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 07:03:12 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #284 on: July 24, 2005, 09:28:33 PM »

Is there something going on between you and Drew, Gypsy? Maybe a nice little romance? Last week was jarmo's points and this weeks are mine you give to - guess who again? - Drew.  Tongue

Edit.- Here's the standings once I edited my mistake.

HTGTH F-1 Fantasy league (German GP)

Ignatius --- 2 points
Jarmo --- 1 point
Kiki --- 1 point
Gypsy--- 1 points
Graciela --- 0 points
John Daniels --- 0 points
Pinball --- 0 points

THe HTGTH Formula 1 Fantasy league Rankings
Ignatius --- 5 points
Jarmo --- 5 points
Gypsy Soul --- 5 Points
Pinball --- 3 points
John Daniels --- 3 points
Kiki --- 3 points
Graciela --- 2 points
Drew --- 0 points
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #285 on: July 25, 2005, 09:16:10 PM »

Is there something going on between you and Drew, Gypsy? Maybe a nice little romance? Last week was jarmo's points and this weeks are mine you give to - guess who again? - Drew.? Tongue
Maybe there is and Maybe there isn't ... but hey ... isn't that what "Fantasy" leagues are for?? Wink

On topic:? I think the rankings list should be in highest points/alphabetical username order...
A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - etc...

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Graciela
« Reply #286 on: July 26, 2005, 07:27:15 AM »

Graciela --- 3 points (Graciela deserves Jarmo's point from this week)

rofl I think it's gonna be the only way I score some points in this bloody game.

On topic: I feel sorry for Kimi, but after sunday's race McLaren does not deserve to win this championship
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #287 on: July 26, 2005, 10:28:40 AM »

Wasn't it last year or maybe the year before that when Kimi's car broke down they gave him the other guy's (Montoya?) car to use in the race and the other guy had to use the sucky car?? I remember thinking at that time "Wow!? that's not fair."? I'm wondering that since Montoya is racing good lately and Kimi's is all but mathematically eliminated from the driver championship, is there still a chance they'll give Kimi Montoya's car to finish out the season and make Montoya use the sucky car?? Or will Kimi just keep using the car that keeps breaking down?? Isn't there a team championship too?? Does their team still have a shot at that??

John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #288 on: July 26, 2005, 01:24:57 PM »

1. Renault 117
2. McLaren-Mercedes 95
3. Ferrari 78
4. Toyota 57

There's still team championship to fight for. And about the the car changing; I think there was this one race where Kimi got Coulthard's car, because his car was broken or something like that? and that was the case because Kimi was fighting over the championchip in that year too.

feel free to correct, i can't fully remember.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2005, 05:57:39 AM »

Maclaren's car are the quickest, but apperantly, they are not the most reliable.

McLaren sucks! Oh, and Mercedes too.

Really disappointing that there's no exiting head-to-head racing because Kimi's car won't go the whole weekend without some kind of problems.....

Gypsy, stop stealing my points! pissed  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #290 on: July 27, 2005, 07:41:54 AM »

McLaren sucks!

/jarmo

Finally you admit it  ok Tongue

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2005, 08:41:19 AM »

McLaren mechanic dies in Budapest hotel fall
Wed 27 Jul, 1:05 PM

BUDAPEST (Reuters) - A mechanic for the McLaren Formula One team died after falling from the roof terrace of a Budapest hotel on Wednesday morning, state news agency MTI reported.

The 29-year-old Briton fell from a disused roof terrace on the eighth floor of the Marriott hotel on the bank of the Danube river at around 7 am local time, a police spokeswoman told the news agency.

Police have ruled out foul play.

The Hungarian Grand Prix is scheduled for Sunday on the Hungaroring circuit just outside Budapest.

--------

What the hell is going on in this team? we are talking about bad luck....but this is beyond that.

Condolences to his family.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »

McLaren mechanic dies in Budapest hotel fall
Wed 27 Jul, 1:05 PM
That's so sad and horrible.? God rest his soul.

Gypsy, stop stealing my points! pissed? Grin
Maybe I didn't steal them.? no? ?Maybe it was one of those Kimi engine malfunctions that somehow manipulated the distribution of your points.? yes? ? ?

John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #293 on: July 27, 2005, 10:35:41 AM »

The news are that Mclaren mechanics had fastened the hydraulics valve poorly. That's why Kimi's car stopped.

Norberg Haug ascertained that when you screw the valve closed, it will probably function again.

So it was a very small negligence fault from the mechanics.. nervous
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #294 on: July 28, 2005, 07:41:33 AM »

The news are that Mclaren mechanics had fastened the hydraulics valve poorly. That's why Kimi's car stopped.

Norberg Haug ascertained that when you screw the valve closed, it will probably function again.

So it was a very small negligence fault from the mechanics.. nervous

Usually when you have the wrong people in the wrong positions you do something about it.

This doesn't seem to be the case at McLaren/Mercedes.... They continue to fuck up weekend after weekend.

Gypsy, stop stealing my points! pissed  Grin
Maybe I didn't steal them.  no   Maybe it was one of those Kimi engine malfunctions that somehow manipulated the distribution of your points.  yes

Sure.  Angry

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Graciela
« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2005, 05:53:48 PM »

Happy Birthday, Fernando!? beer

The best present would be another victory in Hungary... and the title is his...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #296 on: July 29, 2005, 04:42:31 AM »

Happy Birthday, Fernando!? beer

I didn't know it was his birthday..... But then again I can't tell you when Kimi's is either.  hihi

Happy birthday.

The best present would be another victory in Hungary... and the title is his...

It basically already is his even if he doesn't win more races this season as long as he gets a few points......

McLaren won't finish all the races anyway.? hihi

/jarmo

KIMI RAIKKONEN EXCLUSIVE

ITV-F1 pitlane reporter Ted Kravitz talks to Kimi Raikkonen about mechanical failures, his dwindling championship chances and qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Ted Kravitz: Why do these breakdowns keep happening?

Kimi Raikkonen: I don?t know. It?s unfortunate, because it hasn?t just been this year, it has been other years too, you?d have to ask someone in the team.

Ted: How long did it take to get over it?

KR: Of course you feel disappointed, but you need to try and forget it as quickly as you can. I didn?t have anything to say after the race. I?m not the person who should be saying anything at that moment. I was much happier just to go home.

Ted: Do you ever feel like driving for a team whose car doesn?t break down at crucial moments?

KR: No, I think we?ve just been unlucky over the last few years. Every time it seems to hit us completely at the wrong time. It doesn?t help, but we work as a team and try to sort it out.

Ted: What chance the championship now?

KR: It?s going to be difficult. I haven?t given up but you need to be realistic. So let?s see what we can do and just win some races, and then go from there.

Ted: How bad will it be going out first in qualifying?

KR: It?s not the ideal situation. But there?s nothing we can change about it so we have to do the best we can.

DON'T TAKE ME FOR GRANTED WARNS KIMI

Kimi Raikkonen has warned McLaren that his loyalty shouldn't be taken for granted and that he could switch teams if its reliability doesn't improve.

The Finn told a packed press conference in Hungary that although he is contracted to McLaren for 2006, his future beyond that remains unclear.

"I still have a contract for next year and concerning my future, I don't really know what is happening," he said.

"I have not made my mind up. Maybe I stay with them, because I am happy with all the people there, even if we have had some difficult times."

The Finn has suffered a series of technical failures that have played a significant part in the downfall of his championship campaign.

The most recent of these was a hydraulic failure in the German Grand Prix, which saw him end the weekend 36 points behind the world championship leader Fernando Alonso.

"We need to work in a better way just to make sure that the car is very reliable," said Raikkonen.

"I think the speed of the car is very good so once we get everything else sorted, I think I will be more than happy to stay."

"I believe in the team. I don't know if it is luck or bad luck, but I don't really believe in those things.

"We just need to keep working hard and make sure that we don't have any problems."

Raikkonen also conceded that although it is still mathematically possible to catch Alonso, his title hopes have all but disappeared.

"We are slipping away a little bit too much now," he admitted.

"We still have a chance but I think we have to be realistic, so it is not there without any problems to anyone else."

http://www.itv-f1.com
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 04:56:28 AM by jarmo » Logged

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #297 on: July 30, 2005, 07:50:29 AM »

My Hungarian Race picks:

1.? Raikkonen
2.? Montoya
3.? Alonso
4.? M. Schumacher
5.? Trulli
6.? R. Schumacher
7.? Fisichella
8.? Barrichello

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #298 on: July 30, 2005, 07:54:34 AM »

Here's my picks:

1. Juan Pablo Montoya McLaren
2. Kimi R?ikk?nen McLaren
3. Michael Schumacher Ferrari
4. Ralf Schumacher Toyota 
5. Fernando Alonso Renault 
6. Rubens Barrichello Ferrari
7. Jarno Trulli Toyota
8. Jenson Button BAR

/jarmo

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #299 on: July 30, 2005, 08:01:45 AM »

Gypsy, there's no way Kimi will finish ahead of Montoya unless Mclaren forces Montoya to let pass Kimi so he can deduct a few more points from Alonso.

Jarmo, those were my top 3 pics!!

My pics then are:

1.- JP Montoya
2.- Michael Schumacher
3.- Kimi Raikonnen
4.- Fernando Alonso
5.- Jarno Trulli
6.- Ralf Schumcher
7.- Jenson Button
8.- Rubens Barrichello

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »