Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 07:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula One 2005 season thread
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula One 2005 season thread  (Read 130122 times)
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #400 on: September 11, 2005, 01:40:02 PM »

I think F1 has 3 drivers at the moment? that belongs to the A-class; Kimi, M. Schumacher and Alonso.?

That's what Keke Rosberg said....? Wink

/jarmo

god damn!! you really got me this time!!!? Grin how in the earth did you know about this..btw Keke heard it from me.? hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #401 on: September 11, 2005, 02:37:33 PM »

I visit MTV3.fi a lot....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rasputin
« Reply #402 on: September 11, 2005, 11:42:12 PM »

So I guess my predictions didn't turn out to be true then...oh well.

27 points now with 4 races to go...hmmm...very difficult for Kimi. Alonso has it? ok

"But there's no way kimi can win the championship..."

hey, it aint over yet, Kimi still has good chances if his engine lasts? ?

but if not we can always count on Villeneuve or Sato to crash Alonso for us!!? Grin

or maybe he'll have some bizzare house cleaning or gardening incident and be out for a race, ya never know? Tongue
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #403 on: September 12, 2005, 06:51:45 AM »

Theoretically speaking, what would happen if Montoya deliberately crashed into Alonso during the last three races? Could they sanction Kimi too? Just thinking out loud... hihi (seriously: this just came to mind when I thought about how Schumacher once crashed into Damon Hill during the final race, making sure he won the championship... but that is the lowest of the low)

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #404 on: September 12, 2005, 08:06:47 AM »

Takuma Sato will receive a ten place grid penalty at the Brazilian Grand Prix as a punishment for taking Michael Schumacher out at Spa.

Theoretically speaking, what would happen if Montoya deliberately crashed into Alonso during the last three races? Could they sanction Kimi too? Just thinking out loud... hihi (seriously: this just came to mind when I thought about how Schumacher once crashed into Damon Hill during the final race, making sure he won the championship... but that is the lowest of the low)

Didn't Schumacher lose all his points in 1997 when he crashed into Jacques Villeneuve at the last GP at Jerez?

I'm sure both Montoya and McLaren would get penalties. Both would probably lose points in both championships.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 08:21:46 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Graciela
« Reply #405 on: September 12, 2005, 08:24:13 AM »

On my god...? hihi

Well, in the meantime, I'm gonna put some champagne on ice. Or better still: some sidra...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 04:47:37 PM by Graciela » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #406 on: September 12, 2005, 08:25:33 AM »

You're gonna celebrate Montoya taking out Alonso in all three races?  Huh

hihi

/jarmo

Graciela
« Reply #407 on: September 12, 2005, 08:28:02 AM »

You're gonna celebrate Montoya taking out Alonso in all three races?? Huh

hihi

/jarmo

Tongue No, what I meant is while you discuss what would happen in that case, I'll get ready for Fernando's win in two weeks time    Grin
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #408 on: September 12, 2005, 08:28:58 AM »

If he doesn't get any points and Kimi gets ten, how can you celebrate?

Tongue

/jarmo

Graciela
« Reply #409 on: September 12, 2005, 08:33:03 AM »

Highly unlikely... Roll Eyes

Anyway, "patience"; it's just a matter of time
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #410 on: September 12, 2005, 08:35:13 AM »

It's been known for a while now that Alonso will win.

But as a Kimi fan it's nice to know Kimi didn't lose because of his own errors.

It wasn't his driving errors that made him second in the championship.

Antonio Pizzonia was fined $8000 for the incident with Montoya. He wasn't dropped down on the next GP's grid, like Sato, because the judges didn't expect him to race in Brazil.

In other Williams related news, Nico Rosberg is rumored to replace Pizzonia (who's driving instead of the injured Heidfeld) in the last two races this season..... Nico is currently leading the GP2 championship and he's supposed to drive some tests for Williams this week.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 08:44:50 AM by jarmo » Logged

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #411 on: September 12, 2005, 09:02:01 AM »

Didn't Schumacher lose all his points in 1997 when he crashed into Jacques Villeneuve at the last GP at Jerez?

Yep, but in '94 he got away with it and won the championship despite crashing into Damon Hill. I don't remember what the situations were like, but I guess the '94 crash could be seen as an accident, whereas the '97 one was clearly deliberate.

Shoco
VIP

« Reply #412 on: September 12, 2005, 11:18:45 AM »

Senna and Prost come to mind to
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #413 on: September 12, 2005, 11:39:54 AM »

Believe it or not, I thought about the same scenario.

What if Montoya or any other driver (Ralf Schumacher comes to mind since he's crashed Alonso 3 times in the past three years) deliberately crash Alonso in the next three races? If What Jarmo says is true, I'm sure McLaren wouldn't mind if Montoya or the team lost some points in order to make Kimi win. This is very unlikely, but I guess the possibility is there.

I just have this strange feeling that Alonso won't finish the race in Brazil and wont be due to a broken engine, but a crash with another pilot.

I have a question for those living outside Spain or Finland...what do broadcasters say about Alonso and Kimi? I'm very curious to see whether people outside Spain believe Alonso deserve the title or kimi does.

Graciela, what do theysay in the UK?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #414 on: September 12, 2005, 11:46:34 AM »

What if Montoya or any other driver (Ralf Schumacher comes to mind since he's crashed Alonso 3 times in the past three years) deliberately crash Alonso in the next three races? If What Jarmo says is true, I'm sure McLaren wouldn't mind if Montoya or the team lost some points in order to make Kimi win. This is very unlikely, but I guess the possibility is there.

McLaren knows they have a better chance of wining the constructors championship than Kimi has of wining the drivers championship. No way in hell are they gonna do anything that stupid to risk it.

The constructor championship is very important.

I have a question for those living outside Spain or Finland...what do broadcasters say about Alonso and Kimi? I'm very curious to see whether people outside Spain believe Alonso deserve the title or kimi does.

I live in Sweden.? Tongue

The commentators we have love Michael Schumacher but they also seem to realize his time is over.? hihi

They've mentioned how Kimi is the fastest driver around at the moment but that Fernando is consistent. They've also mentioned Kimi's problems with the car being unreliable.

So in short, they think Fernando deserves to win, but that Kimi doesn't deserve all those problems to "spoil" his season. Yesterday they said that Kimi is faster/better than Juan-Pablo at the moment, and that the same goes for Fernando vs Giancarlo.

Edit: It almost seems like the Swedes rather see Fernando win than Kimi just because Kimi's Finnish. A lot of Swedes can't stand the fact that Finland has an F1 driver while Sweden has none.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 12:09:13 PM by jarmo » Logged

Shoco
VIP

« Reply #415 on: September 12, 2005, 12:07:03 PM »

i live in ireland but i watch british coverage since the irish coverage is PPV

but with the brits its jenson this and jenson that, rather annoying actually

but they do believe alonso deserves to win, hes been consistent all season and notched up the wins in the first half of the season when renault did have the better car

he prob does deserv to win based on that but id rather see kimi win
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #416 on: September 12, 2005, 03:25:46 PM »

I live in Sweden.? Tongue

/jarmo

I know? Wink

But now that i think about it, I'd like to know what do finish people say. Aren't Skeletor and Daniels from Helsinki?

Spanish media is obviously biased. They do admit Kimi has had his share of bad luck and all, but sometimes I feel they are too blind to see reality with a little bit more objecticsm. I guess it's hard since this may be our first title ever!

The reason why I brought this up is because a friend of mine spent this past weekend in Berlin. He watched the race and the broadcasters there were praising kimi, how amazing he is and how will take over Schumi's throne when he retires. I do agree with pretty much everything they said, however, I do feel Alonso should get his share of the spotlight since he may become the world champion. It seems to me like they are not giving him the credit he deserves...

Anyway just a thought.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #417 on: September 12, 2005, 03:57:37 PM »

The reason why I brought this up is because a friend of mine spent this past weekend in Berlin. He watched the race and the broadcasters there were praising kimi, how amazing he is and how will take over Schumi's throne when he retires. I do agree with pretty much everything they said, however, I do feel Alonso should get his share of the spotlight since he may become the world champion. It seems to me like they are not giving him the credit he deserves...

That's probably because Kimi has had his share of problems while it looks like Fernando has just cruised and scored podium finishes thanks to McLaren's problems in the second half of the season.

That's the feeling I get when I read articles etc. It's like you read a whole article about the race and it ends with "Oh and Fernando was second again due to Montoya retiring".

I saw one GP in Finland this summer and the expert commentator was Mika Salo. It almost seemed like he wished Kimi wouldn't finish the race judging by his comments.

/jarmo

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #418 on: September 12, 2005, 04:23:11 PM »

But now that i think about it, I'd like to know what do Finnish people say.

Pretty much what you'd expect; Kimi is without a doubt the fastest driver out there, and deserves to be the champion. Still, I don't think they put Alonso down too much - he just happens to be the party pooper between Kimi and the championship trophy Smiley

Graciela
« Reply #419 on: September 12, 2005, 05:40:38 PM »

I like ITV cos they are not Schumacher's ass kissers, they got over him already...

Yeah, there's always a lot of coverage, together with interviews of Jenson, but that's to be expected I guess.

I think they are quite respectful towards Alonso; they see him as a very intelligent and cool driver, despite his age, doing what he has to do to win the championship. No doubt Kimi is the fastest rigth now and he has had a great deal of bad luck, but overall my impression is that they think Fernando deserves it.

They are also paying attention to all the F1 madness in Spain. They showed some images of Oviedo on Sunday. And it wasn't the first time  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: