Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:12:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Will Velvet Revolver make a second album
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Velvet Revolver make a second album  (Read 19608 times)
RichardNixon
« on: November 29, 2004, 02:32:58 PM »

Do you think they will record and release a new album? I sure hope the Sorum/Weiland feud doesn't ruin the band.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 02:56:01 PM »

of course they will.  They're under contract to make 3. You gotta figure they will at least make one more.  They seem really excited about going back in the studio and record as a band now.  After spending more time together and growing as a band. And the second record can be a lot less safe, im sure that has them excited too. A band can't be contrived that is why most good bands take a few years and album and demo releases before they release a successful record.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 03:03:12 PM »

Yes, and it's gonna be better than Contraband.

Well, it has to be since next time they can't sell albums by being the "new supergroup".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 04:47:50 PM »

They will make an album unless Scott gets busted again or something very bizarre happens.  And, like Jarmo said, it will probably be better than Contraband, which btw is a great album, but could be better.  I think they'll expand a little more on some of their songs, not necessarily making ballads, but going deeper like in Coma or something.  And I think there will be more creativity and looseness since the band has now been touring for six months, so we will see something slightly different and probably better.  Btw, I would love to see Izzy write some songs.
RichardNixon
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 05:18:01 PM »

I say get Izzy to join the band!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 05:50:00 PM »

Yes, and it's gonna be better than Contraband.

Well, it has to be since next time they can't sell albums by being the "new supergroup".

/jarmo

It'll be interesting to see how a second album is received, don't think the lack of "new supergroup"
tag will effect quality though... yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 06:10:05 PM »

No, but they need to sell the album by having good songs on it, not just with help from all the hype they got as "rock's latest supergroup".  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 06:13:13 PM »

They better release a new another album! I hope this thing goes on forever. But seriously, I think the next should be even greater for pretty much a the reasons stated above. I hope they choose their singles a little more wisely next time though.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 06:14:49 PM »

but every song on Contraband is good.  but I still think they can do even better next time
darkmonth
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004, 06:17:36 PM »

No, but they need to sell the album by having good songs on it, not just with help from all the hype they got as "rock's latest supergroup".? Tongue

/jarmo
]

yeah, like they did last time.  You cynical old fool.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2004, 06:18:43 PM »

but every song on Contraband is good.?

That's your opinion.

I don't agree with the people who gave the album 8, 9 or even 10 out of 10.....

/jarmo

Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2004, 06:33:21 PM »

I am really looking forward to hearing the new material even though its a long way but you know Duff did say they had already had some stuff written which is cool

EEEERRRR Little boy
cumbum
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2004, 09:01:19 PM »

I, myself am looking forward to hearing the new stuff they hopefully make.

I think they will bring a second album out, though, because they are doing so well for themselves, heh. =p
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2004, 09:23:40 PM »

They have a three record deal, I doubt the little hissy fits with the groupies and the political views will do anything, to a point both had a fair argumetn..

After reading the EW article where they went from city to city it reassured me all was well, you are taking idfferent people and they are basically living together all the time, so fits, tifs and all that shit is expected, just as long as they're all business when they hit the stage..
"that's our grandpa lead singer" hihi

ANy band can breakup at anytime, you just need to know how to solve problems and move on.. ok
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2004, 09:30:25 PM »

I think they will make 3 records... however im not sure they will do more after that, who knows. Contraband was a pretty fucking good rock cd, ofcourse they can do better and yes not all the songs where good but pretty much it rocked from start to end.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2004, 09:42:33 PM »

They all keep saying they are in it for the long haul so Hopefully they'll make a helluva lot more albums. Only thing I can see derailing them is Scott but I think he finally has his shit together.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2004, 12:14:43 AM »

I don't see any reason for them not to release a second album at this point. Sure, something could happen and it could change but I'm not going to worry over that.

I also think the next album will be better. They will have had much more time to gel as a band. Contraband was good, especially considering they weren't together as a band a very long time, but they didn't have enough time to truly gel. By time the next album comes around they will know each others capabilities and limits better. They will be able to feed off of each other more and be able to push each other to their limits. They will have also been through a bunch of stuff together which adds to the chemistry.
tophdaddy22
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2004, 01:11:41 AM »

i disagree with jamo that album is a masterpiece every song is good great guitar, great vocals they got it all amazing live i give the album a 10/10 best album to come out in a long while
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2004, 12:06:13 PM »

If they duplicated this album I would be extremly happy, they just aren't selling as much as possible because of their age not to mention  they never just get credit or interviews as vr, everything else is thrown in to lessen the music..

It's like people expected a duplicated of their works with gnr/stp//

There's not ONE song I skip on this album, there are obviously some I like better then others but I think this album is great.. LOts of energy adn it's just a rocking album..
using my illusions
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2004, 01:30:10 PM »

yea contraband is good, compared to nickleback...

i hope they do come out with another album, i think it would be pretty sad if they couldn't do better then contraband...but i don't think you will see anything like coma - at all. that's axl.  smoking
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: