Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:54:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Odds 2005 Release
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Odds 2005 Release  (Read 12527 times)
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2004, 07:19:32 PM »

I'll put the odds at 3-1 that it comes out in 2k5:

- We've heard from Dizzy and Tommy that it was sent to be mixed/mastered
- Tommy has referred to it as having been made
- Richard has said it's done
- No band member has tour dates booked beyond February

As always, no one can predict what Axl and Interscope will ultimately do, but the odds are better than they were in 2003....it looks like 2004 was a possiblity but? production might've ran too late, and legal wrangling and the Vh1 BTM may have cocked things up (the genie got out of the bottle and pissed Axl off--so he went back in the studio, maybe?).

Just my take....

Tommy said his guess on what a logical person would do with CD is mastering. He never said it was mastered though. But that only takes a day or 2 for most bands. If its in the mastering phase, that means vocals are finished for the entire record. But there has been reports not all songs have vocals. Just a handful.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2004, 07:39:42 PM »

no  better then 2004...
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2004, 09:22:41 PM »

Tommy said his guess on what a logical person would do with CD is mastering. He never said it was mastered though. But that only takes a day or 2 for most bands. If its in the mastering phase, that means vocals are finished for the entire record. But there has been reports not all songs have vocals. Just a handful.

Ok,you're right. But Tommy also said he had listened to finished tracks prior to his fall 04 tour--which I can only assume means tracks with vocals, and also a recent interview referred to the album as the record they made. I really think this record is done and we're waiting on a release date to be handed down...but im not super-optimistic, I could see Axl getting cold feet even after a release date is announced.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
SLCPUNK
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2004, 02:27:22 AM »

I used to think it had to come out at some point. Now I just don't know. As stupid as it sounds, Axl has very little to gain from actually releasing the album. As long as he stays holed up the way he has with that aura of secrecy around him he can never fail and will always be remembered as a reclusive genius. If he does release CD and it isn't recieved the way we all think it will be, he will forever be remembered as the guy who broke up GNR to put out a record that was inferior to the old band. I think he is frankly scared to tarnish his legacy like that if CD does not go over the way he wants. It is an awful big risk to actually release this album. Making it was one thing, releasing it and putting his legacy on the line is an entirely different thing. I am just not sure how much he really gains from actually releasing it, and the fact he has yet to do so would indicate he is having the same insecurities and thought processes I mentioned above.

This is what I often think.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2004, 02:30:50 AM »

can't the record company write this off as a loss if Axl holds onto his dick, er I mean this supposed mass of music?? There has to be some kind of loop hole from the business end...
As far as a new GNR record coming out, who knows? confused
I like that "time is a one way ticket" thing someone mentioned... ok

There is a loop hole. Axl's house. But its only if Geffon loses money on the CD investment.

Are you saying he put his house up for this album?

I don't believe that for a second.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2004, 03:35:05 AM »

there's this rumour that they owe parts of his house yes right Roll Eyes

i hope tommy wasn't bullshittin when he said:

When the ball starts rolling sometime after new years, everything will happen. Videos, interviews, a new and updated website. They will be making videos for sure and be on tour.

so yeah, i think early 05 is it peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2004, 03:43:29 AM »

can't the record company write this off as a loss if Axl holds onto his dick, er I mean this supposed mass of music?? There has to be some kind of loop hole from the business end...

There is a loop hole. Axl's house. But its only if Geffon loses money on the CD investment. Though it wouldnt surprise me if he had enough to cover losses in his bank account.

Thats the supposed collaterol(sp) for the $10M-$15M record advance given to Axl in case they dont make any $$$
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 03:49:34 AM by jabba2 » Logged
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2004, 12:02:53 PM »

Personally I believe that as long as Axl is alive Chinese Democracy won't see the light of day.  Now that doesn't mean that the guy didn't do anything.  I believe they have tons of new material but won't release it.  Can I blame him?  Nope!!!  Remember that he has a lot of pressure for this due to the past(breaking up the band, tour cancellation and all)  The only thing is I don't agree that he was the only person responsible for breaking up the band.  He just can't fight with the other guys alone(Slash, Duff, etc)  I do feel sorry though for Tommy, Robin, Brain, Richard, Dizzy even Buckethead and all the other guys who worked hard on this album.  Because those guys are probably eager to show the world what they have accomplished on those songs.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2004, 12:09:01 PM »

Because those guys are probably eager to show the world what they have accomplished on those songs.

think so 2 yes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
amundsma
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2004, 12:31:53 PM »

Slim to none ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2004, 12:57:51 PM »

Because those guys are probably eager to show the world what they have accomplished on those songs.

think so 2 yes
think so 3  yes

Yet, I personally believe it?s probably AXL who?s the most eager to show the world what he has accomplished with Tommy, Robin, Brain, Richard, Dizzy, Chris and Buckethead.
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2004, 10:22:39 PM »

I used to think it had to come out at some point. Now I just don't know. As stupid as it sounds, Axl has very little to gain from actually releasing the album. As long as he stays holed up the way he has with that aura of secrecy around him he can never fail and will always be remembered as a reclusive genius. If he does release CD and it isn't recieved the way we all think it will be, he will forever be remembered as the guy who broke up GNR to put out a record that was inferior to the old band. I think he is frankly scared to tarnish his legacy like that if CD does not go over the way he wants. It is an awful big risk to actually release this album. Making it was one thing, releasing it and putting his legacy on the line is an entirely different thing. I am just not sure how much he really gains from actually releasing it, and the fact he has yet to do so would indicate he is having the same insecurities and thought processes I mentioned above.

Took the words right out of my mouth! I feel Axl doesn't have the same amount of confidence in his 'new' work that we have, which is understandable really since he's been out of the game for so long and this album is make or break for him.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2004, 11:39:31 PM »

Yet, I personally believe it?s probably AXL who?s the most eager to show the world what he has accomplished with Tommy, Robin, Brain, Richard, Dizzy, Chris and Buckethead.

Well ppbe if Axl was so eager to show the world what he has accomplished with those guys we would have the album already in our hands.  Axl is the least eager to show it and he will NEVER show Chinese Democracy.
Gnr_man202
Headliner

...CD comes out when?

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2005, 01:44:47 AM »

The chances are " One in a million"  Cry

I really wish it would come out in April (Like it says on the site)

CD came out?!!!! CD came out?!!!!!
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2005, 03:52:22 AM »

This is what I often think.

x2 man, It is sickeningly obvious that Axl has lost a certain amount of balls. "Recluse" doesn't even fittingly describe him anymore. Aside from a released statement here and there, its like he's basking in the fact that hes a recluse. When someone does nothing to install faith in even his bands most hardcore fans that says alot. Either he's backed up in a shitload of red tape, or he's afraid of something.

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2005, 05:16:03 AM »

Slim to none ok

I'll second that.

liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2005, 10:36:46 AM »

er, i've reached a point where i just don't care anymore. Maybe mysteron has some info. Haven't seen a post from him in a while.

Anyways, if we can get a new NIN record, im pretty sure it can't be that tough to get new GNR record

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
warrel
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2005, 12:36:57 AM »

Seems like the odds may be shifting in favor, but not exactly in the best of ways...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2005, 12:39:34 AM »

Talk about a bumped up thread.. lol.

gnrevolution.com
SLCPUNK
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2005, 12:48:59 AM »

can't the record company write this off as a loss if Axl holds onto his dick, er I mean this supposed mass of music?  There has to be some kind of loop hole from the business end...

There is a loop hole. Axl's house. But its only if Geffon loses money on the CD investment. Though it wouldnt surprise me if he had enough to cover losses in his bank account.

Thats the supposed collaterol(sp) for the $10M-$15M record advance given to Axl in case they dont make any $$$

I find that difficult to believe. Nobody is going to put their home up with a name as strong as him. Movie and music companies (if the project flops) take huge losses and it just gets soaked up into the rest of the pool.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: