Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:57:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Will 2005 finally be the year Axl comes back?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will 2005 finally be the year Axl comes back?  (Read 26488 times)
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2004, 03:47:53 AM »

I couldn't think, I don't think, and I wouldn't think of any other type of fan that is more loyal/desperate (your call) than Gunners. I say keep on keepin' on.
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2004, 05:48:59 AM »

Well, we all know axl is mentaly unstable,, and has been for quite some time,
He doesnt care for the fans, his band, he only seems to care about his old image as a rock icon and he just isnt what he used to be, hes affraid of losing his ego, if he loses that his world will come crashing down around him, thats why youve had no new releases and no reasons as to why and what has happened.
all the money and success, the ` yes men ` ---  in my opinion, he seems to be somewhat lost and refuses to have any friends help him out and point him in the right direction.

Hes under way too much pressure trying to use the GNR name without making the whole thing nose dive, and to be honest, the simple solution would have been to NOT use the gnr name, but he chose not to, and thats why the record isnt out and probably wont be.

-------and time goes by-------
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2004, 06:08:13 AM »

Well, we all know axl is mentaly unstable,, and has been for quite some time,
He doesnt care for the fans, his band, he only seems to care about his old image as a rock icon and he just isnt what he used to be, hes affraid of losing his ego, if he loses that his world will come crashing down around him, thats why youve had no new releases and no reasons as to why and what has happened.
all the money and success, the ` yes men ` ---? in my opinion, he seems to be somewhat lost and refuses to have any friends help him out and point him in the right direction.

Hes under way too much pressure trying to use the GNR name without making the whole thing nose dive, and to be honest, the simple solution would have been to NOT use the gnr name, but he chose not to, and thats why the record isnt out and probably wont be.

exactly.....
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2004, 08:29:05 AM »

we'll see if Tommy gets right about what happens after new year,? ?Smiley

it's not like they said somethings gonna happen b4 that, hold on and don't complain? untill then at least
and look forward to the other releases upcoming year? beer

« Last Edit: December 31, 2004, 12:30:36 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2005, 12:10:52 AM »

VH1 actually made fun of Gn'R recenlty. "If you're listening to the new Guns n' Roses album, then you slipped on a bannana peel and fell into a time machine in 1983 and are currently living in the year 2042." In a way, I sort of agree with them. every year seems to be the year.

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2005, 05:35:35 AM »

I hope so..but it will be out when AXL wants it to come out.... And whenever that is i will get it and no doubt LOVE it....I just want some cool vids with the new singles and for it to be HUGE... ok   Untill AXL gets it together the wait continues.. peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2005, 10:26:07 AM »

VH1 actually made fun of Gn'R recenlty. "If you're listening to the new Guns n' Roses album, then you slipped on a bannana peel and fell into a time machine in 1983 and are currently living in the year 2042." In a way, I sort of agree with them. every year seems to be the year.
So we might be better off all getting together and building a time machine because it would take less time then to wait until 2042..

Ok everyone from httgth board lets start work on the time machine and get the album.. Grin
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2005, 11:28:35 AM »

Axl's not messed up like some of you are led into believing. There's nothing wrong with a few setbacks. Timing is everything. Axl dictates upon his own instincts, ya don't drop a bomb when everyones lookin. Thats the way ya gota see it, otherwise being predictable, that's not the level Axl operates on. Axl's got a plan in mind, it just might not be yours.   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2005, 01:16:31 PM »

Today Axl's watching collage football. Sorry fuckers, it's just like that. I can't believe some of the posts. Half times over.   

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2005, 09:36:47 PM »

Well I wrote this in 2004, maybe it will happen this year.
I also added to it.

It has been a while since we last heard from Mr. Axl Rose since buckethead left but there is still huge interest in what the red head is doing and his long awaited album. Nothing official has come from the Gn?r camp in ages and their official web page still looks the same as it did after the aborted tour last December 2002. What we have gotten is rumors and now a possible April release date that might be the light at the end of the tunnel. These rumors being good or bad does not really matter, it just adds to the legend of Axl Rose and keeps his name in the media to keep people interested, just when you don?t think you will hear anything about Axl some weird rumor always seems to pops up.

Like him or not, Axl Rose is one interesting person and most often he is misunderstood. Some people like to think of Axl as an asshole, but that is just because Axl likes to keep to himself and he likes his privacy. Axl does not crave attention or look to make headlines, he does that with out even trying and sometimes I think that embarrasses him. I know a lot of Gn?r fans get pissed off at Axl because he has not been telling us his every move or what his plans are but I think that is a good thing. Axl seems to get himself in trouble every time he tells us about a possible tour, a possible release date or anything else for that matter. When Axl has told us about tentative tours or release dates and then those things fall through or dates pass by people bash him because they didn?t happen, that is why I think Axl doesn?t want to say anything until he is 100% positive it is going to happen. That is why I don?t think will hear from Axl until he knows the album is 100% done and the release date is set in stone. I don?t think Axl likes to disappoint his fans and this is his best way of getting our hopes up for the release of this album. Another thing fans need to keep in mind is that Axl wants to make the best possible he can, and he does not care how long it takes, this album will be his legacy. This album will make or break his career since it is his first album with out the old band.

A lot of old Gn?r fans like to think the new songs we have heard so far are not as good as the old bands songs, but that is not the important question. The important question is, are the new songs as good or better than the current mainstream songs on the radio today? And IMO the answer to that is YES. I think Madagascar, the Blues and Chinese Democracy are just as good if not better than a lot of the music on the radio right now, and those songs are not even the ?big guns? that Axl has in store for us.

If Axl does things correctly I think 2005 could be his year. He has a set of amazing players backing him up and they have all worked very hard on this album. The few people that have heard the album have all said how great or amazing the songs are, so I think if CD is promoted the way it should be it could be the best album of 2005. Axl and his new Gn?r could also be on top of the music world again. Just look at a few years ago the mtv mva?s. They got a huge pop and people were going ape sh!t. The U.S. tour was not as bad as some naysayers would have you believe. The U.S. tour did pretty damn well considering there was almost no promotion for it and no new album in sight. Just think of how the tour would do with the band having a hit single on the radio, the album being released, a possible video on mtv and proper promotion for the tour. I think it could be huge. All Axl has to do is release the album and let it speak for itself. Axl has to understand he can?t please everyone. Yes Axl will lose some of the old fans with the new band and new sound, but he will also pick up many more fans along the way. As bad as Axl sounded back then he sounded better than the crappy live bands tonight on the VMAs.

Chinese Democracy is going to be like nothing we have heard before from Guns n? Roses. Tommy calls the new songs ?earth shattering? and Dizzy has said the songs will exceed our expectations. Those statements make me wonder how amazing this album could very well be. Brian May and Tommy have both talked about how outrageous/amazing Axl's voice is on the album. Tommy also alluded that the rockers on CD will be like old gnr, while Zakk Wylde said the songs he heard from CD sounded like AFD on steroids.
Axl?s lyrics are said to have deeper meaning than on past albums, and we know there is a song about John Lennon, a song about Axl?s childhood abuse, and I am sure ones about the old band and the break up with Steph Seymour. This album will also have some political flavor with Chinese Democracy and Oklahoma (if that song makes the album).
I believe Chinese Democracy is going to showcase the new bands diversity and could still be talked about years from now much like AFD is still proclaimed as being just as fresh today as it was 15 years ago. CD is said to be a melting pot album by Axl and I think you will be able to tell what each members input was to each song. I think each song will have each member?s trademark, something they can all be proud of.
I am not saying this album will be the best album ever, but I believe it?s going to something that will inspire discussion for years to come. and not only will it serve to cement Axl's legendary status as the ultimate rock star, it will preserve the dignity of the guns n roses name in the annals of rock history

It is now time for Axl to take his throne back as the best front man in rock, others have tried but none have even come close to having Axl presence or aura. Axl holds his own destiny and legacy in his own hands. He can either be the huge star he used to be or he can just disappear again. Either way Axl Rose will always be one of music great mysteries. He had it all in the 90s and he can have it all again if he wants to, he just has to release the album and everything will fall into place.

1. Deja vu, all over again, a la 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004.
2. I will believe it when I see it.
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2005, 09:47:56 PM »

what's with all the new members all of a sudden? The server has been acting like shit and the gn'r camp can hear a bobby pin drop.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2005, 09:52:45 PM »

the gn'r camp can hear a bobby pin drop.

what is a bobby pin drop Huh

yeah, the it's been really slow lately, kewl with new members beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Dizzy
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2005, 05:10:32 PM »

Damn, I seem to remember having read this post before.

Well I wrote this in 2004, maybe it will happen this year.

Oh that's right, I have.   hihi

yeah and? the VR album sucked.? It shows it only took a month or so to make.? Slash wanted to make AFD again but he ended up making an STP album, a bad STP album at that.

Good ol' Dave.   hihi  You know, I haven't been around here in months, but I see some things never change.  Here's a blast from your past, Dave....

The lyrics on the album are sorely lacking but most of the guitar melodys are good.
The whole album IMO is a 6/10.

So which is it Dave?  Did Contraband suck, or was it a 6/10 (which isn't a "suck" rating)?

I'm going to go disappear again, but I just came across this and couldn't restrain myself.   Smiley

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2005, 06:47:12 PM »

6/10 is a "suck" rating for a band that includes ex-members of one of the gratest bands ever.

Once again, Dizzy is trying to be smart, but he's failing miserably. Go back to yor cave,dude, see you in a few months

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2005, 12:49:16 AM »

Yes, 2005 will be the year Axl comes back. And for all those who appose, well.

echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2005, 03:53:48 AM »

Yes, 2005 will be the year Axl comes back. And for all those who appose, well.

Only 361 more days, are you sure you want to be so bold?

P.S.  oppose

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2005, 06:50:46 AM »

6/10 is a "suck" rating for a band that includes ex-members of one of the gratest bands ever.

I dont see where Dave said that...It actually seems like you made that clarification up yourself.  Six is slightly above-average no matter how you look at it, so if that "sucks," perhaps the two of you are simply confused.

Also, Dave said Slashs guitar melodies were good...Are you going to attempt to redefine that as well, Mr. Spokesperson? 

Once again, Dizzy MadmadDan is trying to be smart, but he's failing miserably. Go back to yor cave,dude, see you in a few months

discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2005, 07:16:39 AM »

Axl needs to get away from L.A...go work in a factory, or better still volunteer for a few months helping real 'victims' in Indonesia or somewhere and come back with some perspective of the real world and just how unimportant his 'sucsess' is. Then he can just enjoy writing and recording songs about his experiences and express himself without the ridiculous pressures he now feels. His music would be much more natural and less convoluted ythan the illusions then....and he may just release music with a who gives a fuck attitude and it most probably would be much better than it will be with his current attitude.

Its like his whole self perspective is so warped by press/fans/sucsess/and ego that he cant simply exist and be a musician anymore. If thats the price of keeping the GNR name....why does he fuckin hold onto that 'albatross' Huh

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2005, 08:47:55 AM »

I dont see where Dave said that...It actually seems like you made that clarification up yourself.? Six is slightly above-average no matter how you look at it, so if that "sucks," perhaps the two of you are simply confused.

Also, Dave said Slashs guitar melodies were good...Are you going to attempt to redefine that as well, Mr. Spokesperson??

Once again, Dizzy MadmadDan is trying to be smart, but he's failing miserably. Go back to yor cave,dude, see you in a few months

Seems to me like you're the spokesperson.  Put it anyway you like it, but considering the talent in VR and the huge expectations, it's a fair statement to say that Contraband sucks.
   Of course, if you compare it to the rest of the music we get nowadays, it's a fuckin masterpiece, but the obvious comparison is with the GNR albums.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2005, 08:55:16 AM »

well axl

sometimes needs sometime....all alone oooohhhh he gotta need some time oh his own.

nothing lasts forever, blah blah blah.

lol.

html sucks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: