Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 07:41:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  what's up with the bad reviews?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what's up with the bad reviews?  (Read 2325 times)
RichardNixon
« on: January 17, 2005, 10:12:03 PM »

Every other review of a live show is pretty bad What's up with that? I saw VR in November and it kicked ass. What more do people want? 
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 11:39:33 PM »

the reviews have been tremendous lately. mainly due to the fact that they now have a longer setlist
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 03:04:09 AM »

The only bad thing I've read about the reviews is the sound mix, which apparently makes it hard to distinguish the vocals. VR should seriously consider getting a new sound guy!

Other than that, the reviews have been very positive.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 05:50:43 AM »

Every other review of a live show is pretty bad What's up with that? I saw VR in November and it kicked ass. What more do people want??

Not sure where you have been looking.  99% of the ones I have seen are usually great. Go here, they have a great database of every VR show, with setlists, pics and reviews..

http://www.belowempty.com/vr/concerts.php

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 08:32:08 AM »

the reviews have been tremendous lately. mainly due to the fact that they now have a longer setlist

Oh really?

Did you see this: http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/31565.html
It states that the band has no songs.

A fan site might not be the place where you'll find the most objective reviews.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 09:49:47 PM »

What is the point of going to a show or writing a review if you are not a fan.  It seems to me that a fans review would be the best. If they don't like it, then you have a problem...

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 05:37:11 AM »

What is the point of going to a show or writing a review if you are not a fan.? It seems to me that a fans review would be the best. If they don't like it, then you have a problem...

Some fans will like anything the band does. The show might have sucked and yet you'll read reviews like "OMG! It was the best thing I've ever seen!".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darkmonth
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 05:41:25 AM »

Yep... True.

Not that I agree with the VR reviews.  But you're right.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 01:41:55 AM »

What is the point of going to a show or writing a review if you are not a fan.? It seems to me that a fans review would be the best. If they don't like it, then you have a problem...

Some fans will like anything the band does. The show might have sucked and yet you'll read reviews like "OMG! It was the best thing I've ever seen!".

/jarmo

Very true, but if you read through them you can get an idea..It just seems that reviews from  Newspapers are usually a joke no matter what band they are talking about.  Most of the time they leave before the show is over to meet the papers deadline and they are usually assigned to go to the show so it is more of a job and half the tiem they don't know shit about the bands they are watching..

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 03:10:31 AM »

Oh really?

Did you see this: http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/31565.html
It states that the band has no songs.

A fan site might not be the place where you'll find the most objective reviews.

/jarmo

That is definitely true because as we all know some fans can never find anything negative about their favorite bands. However, I still prefer fan reviews because they are the ones who know the band from the inside out. You can get a much accurate view of how a band is doing by reading the reviews of the hardcore fans. Sure, there will be some overly positive or even overly negative, but I finds fans are more of an accurate barometer of what is going on with a band than some writer who is just trying to sound witty.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: