Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 07:22:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  New Warrant Album and Possible Alice In Chains Recording
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Warrant Album and Possible Alice In Chains Recording  (Read 2114 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: February 09, 2005, 04:40:40 PM »

ALICE IN CHAINS members Sean Kinney (drums), Jerry Cantrell (guitar) and Mike Inez (bass), along with DAMAGEPLAN singer Pat Lachman, will take the stage of Seattle's Premier club on February 18 as part of a benefit concert to aid the victims of the Southeast Asia tsunami distaster.
"When something like this happens, you want to help," Kinney told RollingStone.com. "I called people up here in the Northwest to see who was available, and Jerry and Mike were the first guys I called."
The show will be Kinney, Cantrell and Inez's first together in nine years ? as well as their first without lead singer Layne Stanley, who died from a drug overdose in 2002. "Obviously we all needed to take some time and all deal with the situation of the band and Layne's death," said Cantrell.
The three thought Lachman, who lost a bandmate himself in December when guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott was fatally shot in an Ohio nightclub, was a natural choice to join them. "I've known Pat through the PANTERA and DAMAGEPLAN guys for years," Cantrell explained. "We were all down in Dallas to support the family, and we actually played a couple of ALICE songs at Dime's memorial, so it made sense."
For the benefit, the reunited group will perform material from the ALICE IN CHAINS catalog, and recording new music remains a possibility. "We're just starting with the gig, and we'll see what happens," Cantrell said. "But we can't wait to get into the room together. I've done plenty of [projects] without Sean and Mike, and, as far as having that silent chemistry, nobody really compares.
"If the last couple of months have shown me anything," he continued, "it's that it's still a really dangerous world we live in. You have to put one foot in front of the other . . . and if you look too far down the trail, you'll fall on your face."

Veteran hard rockers WARRANT have posted the following update on their official web site:
It's official! The new WARRANT CD is underway. We started recording on February 4th with producer/engineer Pat Regan (KISS, TED NUGENT, DEEP PURPLE, MR. BIG and L.A. GUNS, just to name a few) and so far, so great! We are recording an ass-kicking record that you've just got to hear. If that's not enough, we are preparing to get out on the road and tour even bigger and better this year."The yet-to-be-titled CD is scheduled for release in summer 2005, and has the classic hard rockin' WARRANT sound that we all want to hear. ('Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich' and 'Cherry Pie' with a new twist)."WARRANT's current line-up consists of original members Erik Turner (guitar), Jerry Dixon (bass), Joey Allen (lead guitar), Steven Sweet (drums) and new addition Jaime St. James (vocals, BLACK 'N BLUE).

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 05:24:25 PM »

Argh - AIC with Pat Lachman

He's a rubbish singer, that Damageplan album was nothing short of third-rate. They can and MUST do better. I have no intention of buying another album featuring him, i still want a refund for the Damageplan album.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jgfnsr
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 06:44:21 PM »

Veteran hard rockers WARRANT have posted the following update on their official web site:
It's official! The new WARRANT CD is underway. We started recording on February 4th with producer/engineer Pat Regan (KISS, TED NUGENT, DEEP PURPLE, MR. BIG and L.A. GUNS, just to name a few) and so far, so great! We are recording an ass-kicking record that you've just got to hear. If that's not enough, we are preparing to get out on the road and tour even bigger and better this year."The yet-to-be-titled CD is scheduled for release in summer 2005, and has the classic hard rockin' WARRANT sound that we all want to hear. ('Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich' and 'Cherry Pie' with a new twist)."WARRANT's current line-up consists of original members Erik Turner (guitar), Jerry Dixon (bass), Joey Allen (lead guitar), Steven Sweet (drums) and new addition Jaime St. James (vocals, BLACK 'N BLUE).

UPDATE:

The reason for original vocalist Jani Lane not being involved in the project appears to be due to him not being able to get nights and weekends off from Taco Bell.? He was recently promoted to Assistant Manager and has too many responsibilities at this time.

On a serious note, what ever happened to Bobbi Brown?  Damn she was HOOOOOT!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 06:18:49 AM »

About time the Alice In Chains guys got together again, they made too much great music together to not keep making more. Shame Layne isn't around to join them though.

I hope this isn't just a one off gig either, keep it going with new music and new album(s) guys!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 10:22:27 PM »

ALICE IN CHAINS members Sean Kinney (drums) and Jerry Cantrell (guitar) spoke to MTV.com about their upcoming "reunion" concert at Seattle's Premier club on February 18 as part of a benefit concert to aid the victims of the Southeast Asia tsunami distaster. Kinney and Jerry Cantrell will be joined at the gig by ALICE IN CHAINS bassist Mike Inez and DAMAGEPLAN singer Pat Lachman.

"We all saw what happened with the tsunamis in Southeast Asia. It was such an overwhelming tragedy," Kinney said. "So I called Jerry and Mike and they realized that we could really help some people out. So they were totally into it." "We'd been talking about doing something like this for a couple of years now, but we've never been able to work it out," Cantrell said. "I mean, we haven't been in a room together. But when Sean called and said he wanted to do a benefit, we were like, 'It sounds perfect.' And this was the right time to do it."

Regarding their decision to ask Lachman to fll the void left by frontman Layne Staley, who died of a drug overdose in 2002, Cantrell said that he had known the guys in PANTERA for a long time, so when former PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell was shot and killed onstage while performing with his new group, DAMAGEPLAN, "we were on a plane down to Texas the next day to lend our support," he recalled. "Myself, Mike and Pat were asked to play a couple of songs at Dime's memorial. And for Pat to do that so soon after losing his friend, it was amazing.

"It's been a couple of years now since Layne's been gone, and we know what it's like to lose somebody, so we were there to lend our support just like they were there for us," he continued. "So when the idea for this benefit came up ? something positive ? we knew Pat would be the perfect person to ask."

As to whether fans might see a new version of ALICE IN CHAINS hitting the studio eventually, "We're taking it on a step-by-step basis," Cantrell said. "We're excited to get together and throw down. Who can say what is going to happen in the future? I've been fortunate enough to have had success in this business and to play with people you admire. But it's not quite as cool as playing with these guys. It's a chemistry thing. It's unwritten. And it's bigger than all of us; it's a larger power."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
RichardNixon
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 12:03:47 AM »

Jerry Cantrell's two solo albums was basically Alice In Chains. Since Jerry sang several AIC songs, I don't see the point in getting another singer. A Jerry Cantell solo album will sound as close to AIC as you are going to get. AIC was Jerry and Layne. Who cares who plays bass and drums, it doesn't matter. Jerry's two albums, btw, are excellent and highly underrated.

As for Warrant--I'm a fan, I'll admit it. But it wont be the same without Jani Lane, as he was their main songwriter. Still, it's good to have most of the original band back together. I'll pick up their album.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: