Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:54:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Will Contraband have another single after "Dirty Little Thing"?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Contraband have another single after "Dirty Little Thing"?  (Read 2388 times)
RichardNixon
« on: February 14, 2005, 06:24:32 PM »

IMHO they should pick "Loving the Alien" as a new single. If "Fall to Pieces" did well, surely LTA would to. And LTA is a better song, IMHO. In Fact, I think it's the best song on the album.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 06:28:21 PM »

I don't think they will but you never know, I'm kind of anxious to see how good the dlt video does, it's a killer tune.

I would take ygnr or lta, both songs are killer..
Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 06:29:52 PM »

LTA has such weak lyrics. YGNR should have been the single right after Slither, I think its one of the best songs on the album.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 07:03:44 PM »

They got potential to have another single like You Got No Right and I hope they do but that remains to be seen

EEEERRRR Little boy
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 07:47:24 PM »

Im not sure about another single...I would assume they would since the album is still doing relatively well and it would be a good way to end the Contraband run while revving up for the next album.? Its possible that theyll do something similar to Audioslave, and just release the 4th single to radio only.

My pick: "You Got No Right"? I think it has Scotts best vocals on the album, possibly Slashs best solo since Guns (or Elans "Street Child"), and its VRs best song.? More than that, I think it could catch on.? Its logical, to me, to put another ballad out, and I see no better way to end the albums run than with this song.? "Loving The Alien" is great too, but I think "YGNR" is not only the better song, it works better as a single.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 07:49:26 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 08:44:26 PM »

I think they will. I really hope they don't pick another ballad though, that would make 50% of their singles ballads and only 23% of the songs on Contraband are ballads so it isn't really representing what the album is. Isthink they should go out with a bang and release something like Supehuman or Headspace...

RichardNixon
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 08:56:48 PM »

I think they will. I really hope they don't pick another ballad though, that would make 50% of their singles ballads and only 23% of the songs on Contraband are ballads so it isn't really representing what the album is. Isthink they should go out with a bang and release something like Supehuman or Headspace...

The Illusion albums were over represented with ballads; because it was commercially viable. So It would make sense for VR to release another balled as a new single.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 09:00:33 PM »

I imagine they should release another single since they are going to be doing shows into the summer.  I will be disappointed if You Got No Right doesn't get the nod for the next single.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 11:16:56 PM »

I think "You got no right" has got to be the next single. IMO it would suceed in pushing Contraband and VR onto the next level. "Fall to pieces" went some way, but I think YGNR has all the ingredients of a crossover hit rock single. Coupled with a big, flashy single it could be a huge hit. Its the best song on Contraband (a close second to LTA which is more a fans song I believe).

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: