Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 09:02:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will there be lines at the music stores?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will there be lines at the music stores?  (Read 6848 times)
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2005, 04:01:12 AM »

There won't be lines at the music stores. A lot of people buy music from the internet, a lot more download it, there's more music stores to choose from than 15 years ago, etc...

I guess that if c.d. has sold more than 8-10 million copies 5 years after it's release, axl should be proud and very very happy. I wish it could sell even more than appetite, but that is not going to happen.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2005, 04:28:11 AM »

I'm sure alot of people won't agree with me on this, but I believe there will be HUGE lines at the stores for this.

Nope there wont be anylines... There havent been lines to buy Cds in stores since the days of "records"...  you can preorder cd's on the internet or go to any outlet or local music cd store to buy anything ... There wont be any lines or people packing the street and reporters outside waiting for "chinese democracy"  .. .. its just a cd....
LimeGreen_Engines
Headliner

I like GN'R, but not that much.

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2005, 06:11:51 AM »

I'm sure alot of people won't agree with me on this, but I believe there will be HUGE lines at the stores for this. Whatever year CD comes out, it will be one of the top 10 stories of that year. When Axl announces a release date it will be announced in all major media outlets. I believe it will even eclipse the hysteria over 'Illusions'. And for those here who were too young back then to remember it, it was a phenomenon and something I will never forget. The hysteria in the days before CD release will be a worldwide event. On the day of its release,as long as there is no major war going on, GNR will be THE top story of the day. And regardless of how good or bad the album is, I think its going to shatter records. I honestly believe CD has the potential to sell 20 to 40 million copies in its first week alone. When you factor in the millions of hardcore GNR fans worldwide,and the millions who buy CD out of curiosity, and the millions who buy it because its the 'cool thing' of the moment, it may even surpass my 20 to 40 million sales prediction. And that would make it the biggest selling album of all time. But as for how good material will be on CD...well..only AXL knows that. But to be honest, the quality of CD is irrelevant when thinking purely in terms of album sales.There is so much mystery surrounding CD it almost doesn't even matter whats on it because its gonna sell big time regardless. This is one of the reasons why i've never understood Axl's reluctance to release CD. I guess Axl definitely isn't doing it for the money,because if he was, he could've gotten MEGA rich 2 years ago.

Wow. What a load of crap.
Chinese Democracy will,if it actually ever comes out, will probably sell ok. It'll obviously go straight to the top of the ROCK chart and maybe quite high in the actual chart. Maybe even No1 for a week but in these days with computer downloading you really don't have to sell that many records to go to No1.

I honestly believe CD has the potential to sell 20 to 40 million copies in its first week alone.

rofl rofl Huh

Plus CD will NEVER eclipse the success of 'Use your Illusions' PERIOD. Those days are gone. Most rock/metal fans that I know don't even think of GN'R. Sometimes they say (if a song or video comes on) "are they still on the go?" It's not that they think GNR are finished, for all they know GNR might have 3 new albums out. They just DON'T CARE.

The idea that there will be queues outside shops on the release of CD is laughable. Other than this bubble that the members of this message board are living in, the outside world really isn't that fussed about GNR.

Chinese democracy will probably sell quite well, but that's it!

Im amazed that people on this board ACUTUALLY believe that the world is as bothered about GNR as you are. The only people that will be queuing outside of record stores early in the morning on the release of 'CD' wil be about ten people from these boards.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 06:13:49 AM by LimeGreen_Engines » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2005, 08:32:53 AM »

On topic: No. It's 2005 now, not 1991. Maybe Amazon.com will be clogged with GN'R fans ordering the album. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2005, 03:13:24 PM »

I'm sure alot of people won't agree with me on this, but I believe there will be HUGE lines at the stores for this. Whatever year CD comes out, it will be one of the top 10 stories of that year. When Axl announces a release date it will be announced in all major media outlets. I believe it will even eclipse the hysteria over 'Illusions'. And for those here who were too young back then to remember it, it was a phenomenon and something I will never forget. The hysteria in the days before CD release will be a worldwide event. On the day of its release,as long as there is no major war going on, GNR will be THE top story of the day. And regardless of how good or bad the album is, I think its going to shatter records. I honestly believe CD has the potential to sell 20 to 40 million copies in its first week alone. When you factor in the millions of hardcore GNR fans worldwide,and the millions who buy CD out of curiosity, and the millions who buy it because its the 'cool thing' of the moment, it may even surpass my 20 to 40 million sales prediction. And that would make it the biggest selling album of all time. But as for how good material will be on CD...well..only AXL knows that. But to be honest, the quality of CD is irrelevant when thinking purely in terms of album sales.There is so much mystery surrounding CD it almost doesn't even matter whats on it because its gonna sell big time regardless. This is one of the reasons why i've never understood Axl's reluctance to release CD. I guess Axl definitely isn't doing it for the money,because if he was, he could've gotten MEGA rich 2 years ago.

Whilst I cant really agree with you on the 20 - 40 million in a week thing james, cos that would just be fucking freaky and blow music apart! I would love to think that there will be a fucking immense response to the album being released though. Axl has created this kind of mythic thing with the album to a lot of people. Only real fans believed it would come out, but now that the album is that close I think a lot of the doubters are starting to wake up and believe in it again. I cant quite imagine it being like 91 with UYI.  I queued at Tower Records in London when it opened at midnight and even though I would love to see that kind of demand for the album I just cant picture it! I agree with you though that it will be the top story of the day and for many weeks!! Good post I think mate! Nice to read such a positive post about the band and the album!

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2005, 04:37:29 PM »

On topic: No. It's 2005 now, not 1991. Maybe Amazon.com will be clogged with GN'R fans ordering the album. Wink

/jarmo

Yeah  i won`t be in a queue in front of a cd shop, i `ll be one of the fans that`ll order it on amazon.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2005, 05:03:45 PM »

I'll go to a record store and buy it as soon as it's released and in the store. I'm fairly confident I wont have to stand in line to get it but I can promise I'll be at the store before the doors even open.  ok

peace

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2005, 05:16:42 PM »

The only place I've ever seen a line (in Ireland) is at the toliets of a supermarket and the post office at Christmas time. I'd be surprised if more than 15 people in Ireland know what CD is? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2005, 03:38:45 AM »

I think that it will get about the same recognition and press as the last Janes Addiction album got... That was all over the press for about 3 months untill the next new releases came out... 
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2005, 04:08:29 AM »

ya,  no line ups-   
i knew a girl who (for some reason... i dont know why)  waited outside the mall a couple hours before it opened to wait in line for (wait for it............)   Madonnas Ray of Light album.     

needless to say she was the only one in line when the store opened.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2005, 08:11:52 AM »

/jarmo

Correct!  But more likely than Amazon clogging is that P2P's will be clogged with people illegally downloading the album.   Undecided

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2005, 11:28:51 AM »

i'm gonna pre-order a copy off amazon as soon as possible.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: