Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:20:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Family Guy!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Family Guy!!!  (Read 15611 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2006, 06:51:04 PM »

The Simpsons haven't been funny for about six seasons now. Undecided

That's just the popular thing to say now.  Roll Eyes

Hopefully the movie will remind people how great the show really is.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2006, 07:42:04 PM »

I hope there is cussing.  Shocked
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2006, 07:51:56 PM »

That's just the popular thing to say now.  Roll Eyes

No - it's an opinion. Great shows should never go past eight or nine seasons.

P.S. MCT -SUCK IT!!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 07:53:43 PM by Gunner80? » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
MCT
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2006, 08:06:12 PM »

P.S. MCT -SUCK IT!!!

If you don't steer the fuck clear of me you'll end up liking me a whole lot less than you do now. I meant my last line.
Mom
Headliner

Well ya know something Gene...

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2006, 09:33:12 PM »

That's just the popular thing to say now. Roll Eyes

Kind of like it's popular to say George Washington was our first president, because it's true. I was the biggest Simpsons mark back in the day, shit it got me through some dark timess. But it's gotten so bad that I only caught one episode last season because I wanted to kill some time before Sopranos.

And I'd love it if the movie made me love the show again, it'd make me feel so young again.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 12:59:12 AM by Mom » Logged

11/10/06!
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2006, 10:50:24 PM »

I think The Simpsons has gone downhill because none of the episodes are 'normal' anymore. When the series was good, average things happened to the characters, but now, with the constant celebrity appearances in the show, the stupid, unrealistic storylines, it's just a bit too out there, at least that's my opinion.

Nothing will ever top the episode where Homer has to return to college.

"Hey! Did you get a load of the nerd?!"
"Excuse me?"
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2006, 10:59:26 PM »

I think The Simpsons has gone downhill because none of the episodes are 'normal' anymore. When the series was good, average things happened to the characters, but now, with the constant celebrity appearances in the show, the stupid, unrealistic storylines, it's just a bit too out there, at least that's my opinion.

"Excuse me?"

"Wait a minute.... that's not the wallet inspector!......."

The style of the show has definetaly changed, but you're claiming Family Guy is superior to The Simpsons now because The Simpsons has "stupid, unrealistic storylines"?
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2006, 07:14:00 AM »

"Excuse me?"

"Wait a minute.... that's not the wallet inspector!......."

The style of the show has definetaly changed, but you're claiming Family Guy is superior to The Simpsons now because The Simpsons has "stupid, unrealistic storylines"?

Oh HELL NO.

I am a Simpsons devotee... I'm pathetically addicted, I can quote a show from beginning to end... it is my favourite show of all time, and I personally think it's an insult to compare Family Guy to The Simpsons.

However, I do believe the standard has gone down in the past few years. I would prefer to see more 'normal' storylines. No special celebrity appearances, no travelling to foreign countries... a bit more realism (well, as realistic as you can get in a cartoon series!)

Nerd: Come on, Mr. Simpson, you'll never pass this course if you don't know the periodic table.
Homer: Ehh, I'll write it on my hand.
Nerd 1: Ho!  Including all known lanthanides and actinides?  Ha, ha! Good luck.

Grin Grin hihi
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 07:17:49 AM by Kaybee » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2006, 08:39:49 AM »

"what the douce"

in the thread about Family guy, people are arguing about that simpsons are a better show then family guy.. just start a new thread or something.. or even polls where you can see wich show is the most popular and wich is the best ok
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2006, 09:00:12 AM »

The Simpsons at its peak is easily the finest animated show ever, and surely in the top 5 best shows ever

It really hit a dip for a good 5 years, but of late it seems to be getting better

Family guy really does have no replay value - the Simpsons however is infinietly watchable - hell, i must have seen 90% of the episodes atleast 100 times

Quick! To the bandwagon!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2006, 09:38:14 AM »

the Simpsons however is infinietly watchable - hell, i must have seen 90% of the episodes atleast 100 times

well since there are 378 episodes of the simpsons and 90% would be around 340.. and you have seen those at least 100 times.. that would be over 34000 episodes of the simpsons.. pretty impressive, do you have a life outside of that show?.. since every episode is around half an hour 34000/2=17000 hours.. i maybe wrong now.. but that would be around 708 days in a row, 24 hours a day only watching the simpsons...

maybe i have made a few wrongs in this.. but it's around there ok
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2006, 09:46:56 AM »

its not just random references to pop culture. and even if it was why wouldnt that be funny?

B/c its not clever and has nothing to do with the plot.  Its like the south park show says, they just randomly pick pop culture characters, put them in stupid settings and show a flashback or something.  Watch the south park "cartoon wars" two parter.  The family guy jokes scenes they have are JUST LIKE the ones in the show - it makes you realize how dumb it really is. 

I mean, come on, the writers are Manatees!! haha  hihi

South Park is the best of the three (fam guy, simpsons, south park) right now.  Its scathing satire of current events is not only hysterical, but also very poignant.  I love how something can happen in the world and then 3 days later its on the show. 

The simpsons back in the day was unbeatable, but it really hasn't been funny in a very long time.  And thats not "popular" to say, its just true.  Still a good show when compared to half the other crap on TV, but its def not as funny as it used to be.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
MCT
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2006, 01:02:34 PM »

the Simpsons however is infinietly watchable - hell, i must have seen 90% of the episodes atleast 100 times

well since there are 378 episodes of the simpsons and 90% would be around 340.. and you have seen those at least 100 times.. that would be over 34000 episodes of the simpsons.. pretty impressive, do you have a life outside of that show?.. since every episode is around half an hour 34000/2=17000 hours.. i maybe wrong now.. but that would be around 708 days in a row, 24 hours a day only watching the simpsons...

The man exaggerated to make his point. And I doubt a mathematical breakdown was needed in order to make that obvious...
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2006, 01:41:51 PM »

The man exaggerated to make his point. And I doubt a mathematical breakdown was needed in order to make that obvious...

well i did understand that too you know.. just that this thread prolly wasn't supposed to be about people saying how much more they like the simpsons and how bad family guy is..

"what the douce"
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2006, 01:47:00 PM »

I have never liked the simpsons....never understood the fascination

Family guy is fanastic though

Brian: " (reading off a mobile home) Quagmire's Cross Country Tour.....hey Quagmire doesn't country have an "O" in it?"
Quagmire: "Not this time....giggida giggida....awwwllll Riiigghtt!"

MCT
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2006, 02:11:28 PM »

well i did understand that too you know.. just that this thread prolly wasn't supposed to be about people saying how much more they like the simpsons and how bad family guy is..

So in other words, you were being a gratuitously opportunistic vigilante...

...kewl!
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2006, 02:19:42 PM »

So in other words, you were being a gratuitously opportunistic vigilante...

...kewl!

maybe i was.. i have no idea what that mean  hihi
MCT
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2006, 02:31:27 PM »

Shame...
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2006, 06:02:53 AM »

Shame...

nope not at all.. can't you say in other words so i can understand it.. have in mind that i'm 16 from sweden and do not talk english that much ok

after you've done that maybe we can get back on topic with family guy wich is what i wanted from the begining
Elrothiel
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 01:31:34 PM »

I love Family Guy.... it rocks!
Whenever I don't like something, I like to find it to be shallow and pedantic... hihi
And this bit:

Peter and Lois and Chris are standing in the living room naked and showing Meg (still clothed) that they're not anti-nudists
Quagmire: Hey Peter can I borrow... *sees Lois naked* Ooihhhraahhh!! um... can I borrow a towel?

rofl rofl rofl rofl

I still love the Simpsons though, I can't believe they've used WTTJ in it so many times!

Futurama... well, that I always liked just for its randomness and because seemingly anything is possible in that show... which automatically makes it cool!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: