Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott takes shot at Axl
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott takes shot at Axl  (Read 73272 times)
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2005, 08:01:49 PM »

The Lee Roth/ Sammy Hagar thing was about two frontmen of the same band.

VR and GN'R are not the same band, nor are they even alike in any way bar that 3 members used to be Gunners.

So no.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2005, 08:06:28 PM »

Some Australian reviews have come in. One is from SiLvAnA who went to both of the Sydney shows and was very impressed - one of the greatest live band ever seen! During the second show, there was an incident where Scott angily told some fans with an Axl Rose banner to leave the show. Scott said the banner insulted the band and other VR fans. Scott told them they were not invited, had wasted their money and to get out. "If you want to see a fat, bald guy who wears a wig, you'll have to wait another ten years."

Source: http://www.snakepit.org/news.html

Wow what a loser and hypocrite Scott is. He is an Axl wannabe and it?s pathetic. Btw Scott should not talk since he looks like a heroine addict, oh wait he is one, never mind.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2005, 08:08:41 PM »

Btw I find if funny all you guys who are crying that someone brought an Axl banner to the VR show, well people bring Slash banners to axls new gnr show, and yes i know slash  used to be in gnr but he is not anymore, plus VR plays gnr shows.  Fucking loser.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Gunnerguy
Opening Act

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2005, 08:46:03 PM »

who gives a fuck if he throws some clown out?  tis a great way to advertise the band
anyway wearing an axl t shirt or watever the fuck he did is saying as clear as day "I reckon Axl is a million times better than you" What sort of a thick fecker PAYS money to see a band just so they can insult them? (or at least the lead singer anyway)

of course if they were going around calling themselves guns n' roses twould be a different story

Sincerity is everything. If you can fake that, you?ve got it made.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2005, 08:49:53 PM »

Though i hardly ever agreed with Axl's rants, I always thought they were funny as hell. 

Same goes for Scott and this outburst, as uncalled for as it was, it's fucking hysterical.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2005, 08:50:13 PM »

Funny that this is only coming up now, I metioned it after I went to see the second Sydney show and no-one batted an eyelid about it.
Probably because no1 cares all that much about VR around here. If this was Axl there would be a 20 pg thread on it...and all the negatives...yada yada yada

No, it's because the original discussion was in an Aussie thread that would have appealed more to Australian fans. Obviously, it's getting more attention now because this thread brings attention to what happened.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2005, 08:55:01 PM »

I really dont have a problem with him getting pissed off about the Axl signs or whatever. I just think that when he talks about Axl in that manner would be something he really shouldnt involve himself with cause if or when Axl respondsScott would not be looking so badass when its all said and done.

Again, talk is cheap. Axl hasn't been "badass" in years. I don't think Scott is worried about someone who is considered a joke to the music industry.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2005, 09:01:13 PM »

Again, talk is cheap. Axl hasn't been "badass" in years. I don't think Scott is worried about someone who is considered a joke to the music industry.

For sure.

The days of "Axl Fucking Rose" were long gone when he chose not to answer the Vince Neil challenge.

DISCLAIMER: The above was by no means meant to start the Axl/Vince discussion, just a refrence to the point in time Axl's  public persona took a major hit.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2005, 09:06:30 PM »

For sure.

The days of "Axl Fucking Rose" were long gone when he chose not to answer the Vince Neil challenge.

DISCLAIMER: The above was by no means meant to start the Axl/Vince discussion, just a refrence to the point in time Axl's? public persona took a major hit.

You are joking right? Axl took a hit because he didn?t answer some stupid fight challenge? Most people didn?t even know about the challenge yet you say Axl took a hit.   Look at Axls popularity before and after that til 1993, Axl was still vastly popular especially compared to Vince Neil.

As for Axl being a joke now, yeah people like to take cheap shots at him but look at who those people are, most are no named washed up 80s rock stars, if Axl was still not popular he would not be asked by MTV every year to do the VMAs and he would still not have articles written about him. Like I said before, any article about Axl good or bad is a plus since it shows people still care, the day people stop talking about Axl is the day he will take a hit.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2005, 09:18:28 PM »

You are joking right? Axl took a hit because he didn?t answer some stupid fight challenge? Most people didn?t even know about the challenge yet you say Axl took a hit.? ?Look at Axls popularity before and after that til 1993, Axl was still vastly popular especially compared to Vince Neil.

Not joking at all. 

I said nothing about popularity, or compared his fame to that of Vince Neil. 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2005, 09:28:23 PM »

You are joking right? Axl took a hit because he didn?t answer some stupid fight challenge? Most people didn?t even know about the challenge yet you say Axl took a hit.? ?Look at Axls popularity before and after that til 1993, Axl was still vastly popular especially compared to Vince Neil.

Not joking at all.?

I said nothing about popularity, or compared his fame to that of Vince Neil.?

Then how did Axl take a hit for not fighting him if he didnt get any less popular because of it?

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2005, 09:41:10 PM »

Then how did Axl take a hit for not fighting him if he didnt get any less popular because of it?

I should have specified, his image as "Axl Fucking Rose, Badass Rocker" took a hit.  He became much less (pardon the pun) in-vince-able. 

Rolling out that grand piano didn't help the image either...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2005, 09:45:58 PM »

I should have specified, his image as "Axl Fucking Rose, Badass Rocker" took a hit.? He became much less (pardon the pun) in-vince-able.?

Rolling out that grand piano didn't help the image either...

Maybe in your eyes but not in most peoples since like I said, most people did not even know about it.

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »

how is it sad ? what the fuck is someone doing with an Axl banner at a VR show ? Not a GN'R banner, an AXL ROSE banner.

Deserved to be thrown out the fucking window even.

Watching a Velvet revolver show brings absolutely NO recollection of GN'R, let alone Axl.
Bringing along an Axl banner is downright stupid.

Well said.

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2005, 10:06:53 PM »

That's pretty sad if he kicked people out over an Axl banner. That is the exact type of behavior Axl would display.? no

The point isn't the banner. ?The point is his comments about Axl. ?Axl may have said some nasty things in the past, but I don't believe he ever went as far as to insult someone for physical aspects that are, for the most part, beyond your control. ?What Scott said is just plain rude. ?

Let's see, he called black people "niggers".... It really cracks me up how offended people get and take things personal; when they are said about Axl. Axl has pulled some of the biggest asshole moves ever. Throws a chair on a crowd of fans, calls peopel niggers, kicks a guy out of a show for wearing a Slash shirt.....the list can go on and on and on. YOu act liek Axl has never said anything "rude".

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2005, 10:15:39 PM »

Maybe in your eyes but not in most peoples since like I said, most people did not even know about it.

I have no idea how many people knew about it, being all over MTV at the time and rehashed again and again every time some hair band/Sunset Strip/metal thing airs on VH1 nowadays would lead me to believe about a bazillion people were/are aware of it.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2005, 10:19:26 PM »

classic

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2005, 10:36:42 PM »

Btw I find if funny all you guys who are crying that someone brought an Axl banner to the VR show, well people bring Slash banners to axls new gnr show, and yes i know slash? used to be in gnr but he is not anymore, plus VR plays gnr shows.? Fucking loser.

No one is crying here mate, in fact I think it's the opposite. Why would someone pay to go to a VR show to hold up an Axl sign??? Pretty fucking stupid if you ask me, and he deserves all the shit he got from Scott.

And like you said, it's the same disrespect if someone turned up to a nuGNR show and held up a Slash sign, even though Slash was once a part of GN'R, but Axl has never been a part of VR.

Anyway, regardless of Axl comparisons, I thought Scott was an amazing frontman when I saw VR on the 2 nights in Sydney ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2005, 10:46:21 PM »

I love axl more than anything, but when he does similiar shit everyone thinks he is the coolest fuckin dude ever so i have no problem with scott doin this

i actually like it and think its funny because its real

it isnt some manufactured politically correct bullshit like the music out now

bringing an axl rose banner to a VR show IS an insult to everyone in the band just as if someone brought a Slash banner to axls show

remember when someone kept screamin for slash? didnt axl say something like, if u wanna live in the past go home and listen to your cds and all videos before i stop the show and 10,000 people turn around and kick your ass

something to that effect. so really u cant be hypocritical, itscool when axl does it, so u cant bash scott
cause if i were scott that shit would get old and piss me off also

HOWEVER

scott didnt help himself any by dressing up like axl for halloween and they need to quit playin GNR material all together.

also last time i checked Vince Neil was looking and sounding pretty fuckin good these days so no more vince bashing please
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 10:49:24 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2005, 11:31:20 PM »

Same goes for Scott and this outburst, as uncalled for as it was, it's fucking hysterical.
What was so witty and hysterical about his comment?

I would love to hear some of Scotts rants. Or transcripts. Ive only heard the we play real rock n roll routine he does.

When did I go around saying Axl is a badass? When did you hear Axl himself proclaim he is a badass?
I personally think Axl is a badass but from a different persepective. Not like the old days. But the whole do your own thing type thing rathe rthan the rnr type thing that he once was. Thats for another day though

But you dont see me going around claiming hes a badass....or more improtantly you dont hear Axl proclaiming hes a badass.

classic
Still waiting on the ones requested? ok

I love axl more than anything, but when he does similiar shit everyone thinks he is the coolest fuckin dude ever so i have no problem with scott doin this

i actually like it and think its funny because its real

it isnt some manufactured politically correct bullshit like the music out now

bringing an axl rose banner to a VR show IS an insult to everyone in the band just as if someone brought a Slash banner to axls show

HOWEVER

scott didnt help himself any by dressing up like axl for halloween and they need to quit playin GNR material all together.
When did you hear Axl make fun of Scott or even make fun of Slash? He has said some things toward Slash but that stems from the bands history. IS he calling Slash personal names? FOr the most part he recited his side or view of a situation old gnr had in regards to touring and material.

remember when someone kept screamin for slash? didnt axl say something like, if u wanna live in the past go home and listen to your cds and all videos before i stop the show and 10,000 people turn around and kick your ass

something to that effect. so really u cant be hypocritical, itscool when axl does it, so u cant bash scott
cause if i were scott that shit would get old and piss me off also
How does that equate to what Scott said? Im not saying what Scott said is the end of the world. Its nothing we havnt heard or original but im just talking in terms of the situation. Axl informed that very person that if he wanted to see Slash he should go check out the old boots? Is that dissing?

The only "extreme" negative thing Axl has said that I can think of off the top of my head is when he said Slash can suck his Dick. Again that has to do with the whole band situation and how Axl feels Slash lied.{whetehr true or not true} and Im not saying that makes it right to say that either.

There is nothing of comparison that Axl has said thus far towards VR to what Scott said.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 11:44:02 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: