Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:13:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott takes shot at Axl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott takes shot at Axl  (Read 73492 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2005, 11:44:14 PM »

What was so witty and hysterical about his comment?

Uh, what's not funny about it? 

He merely stated the same things regarding Axl's physical appearance everyone and their collective dogs have speculated about for a few years now.

Anyone who doesn't find this or Axl's silly rants funny is taking shit way too personal.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2005, 11:46:37 PM »

I hope Scott and Slash throw Booker and Aqueisence out of a show and Axl throws Younggunner and Dave out of a show.

Then I want to see what each of the above members mentioned above post yes

just kidding everyone rofl

I just see yg and dave and booker and aque always going at it in these threads. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 11:48:10 PM by dolphin » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2005, 11:48:15 PM »

He merely stated the same things regarding Axl's physical appearance everyone and their collective dogs have speculated about for a few years now.
Thats why I probably dont find it clever or funny!

Anyone who doesn't find this or Axl's silly rants funny is taking shit way too personal.
I agree. But I dont find it funny not becuas eits on Axl but because I just didnt think it was that funny. If he said something funny I would laugh. I have laughed at many Axl disses in the past. If its funny its funny.

What I find funny is that you would compare this whored out line to any of Axls rants.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2005, 11:52:50 PM »

What I find funny is that you would compare this whored out line to any of Axls rants.

No comparisons were made.

And what exactly is a "whored out line"?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2005, 12:11:43 AM »

If you want to see a fat, bald guy who wears a wig, you'll have to wait another ten years."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 12:19:57 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2005, 12:19:14 AM »

If you want to see a fat, bald guy who wears a wig, you'll have to wait another ten years."

While it's an obvious dig at Axl, it's also Scott previewing himself in 10 years.

That's what's so damn witty and clever...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2005, 12:21:02 AM »

While it's an obvious dig at Axl, it's also Scott previewing himself in 10 years.
hihi

Scott should hire you to write his jokes and we wont have a problem

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2005, 12:27:52 AM »

hihi

Scott should hire you to write his jokes and we wont have a problem

Thanks, but Weiland's doing fine on his own, self deprocation is quite refreshing coming from a vein rock star type.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2005, 12:48:02 AM »

Again, talk is cheap. Axl hasn't been "badass" in years. I don't think Scott is worried about someone who is considered a joke to the music industry.
When did I go around saying Axl is a badass? When did you hear Axl himself proclaim he is a badass?
I personally think Axl is a badass but from a different persepective. Not like the old days. But the whole do your own thing type thing rathe rthan the rnr type thing that he once was. Thats for another day though

But you dont see me going around claiming hes a badass....or more improtantly you dont hear Axl proclaiming hes a badass.

You seemed to imply that Axl is bad ass when you said "when Axl responds, Scott won't be looking so bad ass when all is said and done."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2005, 12:50:21 AM »

It could also suggest that if you want to see Axl, youll literally have to wait 10 years - which gives it an unintentional triple-meaning...or is that a double-meaning.  confused
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 12:53:39 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2005, 01:20:52 AM »

It could also suggest that if you want to see Axl, youll literally have to wait 10 years - which gives it an unintentional triple-meaning...or is that a double-meaning. confused

LOL, triple or double, its a hilarious new take on Scott's quote.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2005, 01:44:20 AM »

You seemed to imply that Axl is bad ass when you said "when Axl responds, Scott won't be looking so bad ass when all is said and done."
Because if Axl chooses to reply Im sure he will have some nice witty, sarcastic comments for Weiland that will make Scott look dumb.

slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2005, 02:01:58 AM »

LOL scott was only saying what everyone else was thinking

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2005, 02:25:33 AM »

Because if Axl chooses to reply Im sure he will have some nice witty, sarcastic comments for Weiland that will make Scott look dumb.

I don't think Scott has to fear Axl making him look dumb when Axl is too busy making himself look dumb.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2005, 03:15:06 AM »

Yeah, and Axl hasn't been cool for 10 years and Scott's just trying to be like Axl, but isn't, and wank.

Fuck this. How can some of you be so fucking stupid?

I think it's pretty fucking understandable for Scott to get angry if someone brings an Axl Rose banner to a VR show. It's a banner. Not a small t-shirt or some piece of clothing but a banner. Just to start shit. It's just to start shit. Nothing more, nothing less. Doesn't matter if Slash has said he's proud of  his heritage, that banner was there just to start shit.

A quick side note about the whole Axl and RIO case... That t-shirt, that said "Slash = GN'R" if I remember correctly, was also there, in Rio... you guessed it: just to start shit. How do any of these motherfuckers ever think that they'll accomplish anything with these things? Are they really thinking on their way home that "that'll teach 'em... now they'll get back together..."

If some of you want to bash Axl, Scott, Slash.. or whoever the fuck. This is not the place. You can make your own little club, print t-shirts and maybe have your own secret little handshake.. but this, is _not_ the place! I know some of you are doing this for fun. You know. Just to see what the reaction of the opposite side is... but I've grown pretty fucking tired of it... Why? Because the arguments are always the same.. Every mother, fucking, time.. Always. Except sometimes when someone tries real hard, and finds a whole new level of stupidity that no other idiot had thought of before..

Fuck!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 12:18:40 PM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2005, 03:29:59 AM »

I love axl more than anything, but when he does similiar shit everyone thinks he is the coolest fuckin dude ever so i have no problem with scott doin this

scott didnt help himself any by dressing up like axl for halloween and they need to quit playin GNR material all together.

Amen to the first part!!! But I still wanna hear a couple Gn'R tunes at the shows.....They are great to hear.

McClane
Headliner

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2005, 07:42:01 AM »

Scott was right...I love Axl and I love VR...but don't you think that Axl would say the same thing about Slash if there's some fan a a GNR concert with a '' bring back Slash '' banner...

Living taking chances
Isn't all that it's meant to be
Dying with your face on
A t-shirt isn't all that original
darkmonth
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2005, 07:52:58 AM »

how is it sad ? what the fuck is someone doing with an Axl banner at a VR show ? Not a GN'R banner, an AXL ROSE banner.

Deserved to be thrown out the fucking window even.

Watching a Velvet revolver show brings absolutely NO recollection of GN'R, let alone Axl.
Bringing along an Axl banner is downright stupid.

Totally agree.  That, in my mind, was blatant attempt at annoying Scott and the band.  Fuck those 'fans'.  They belong at a GnR show, not a VR show.  Oh... hold on... Wink
RichardNixon
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2005, 10:24:29 AM »

The Lee Roth/ Sammy Hagar thing was about two frontmen of the same band.

VR and GN'R are not the same band, nor are they even alike in any way bar that 3 members used to be Gunners.

So no.

But they are/were both in a band with Duff and Slash, so yes. The name of the band is different, but the comparison is still valid. So yes.
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2005, 10:49:05 AM »

why should you bring Axl banner to VR show? emmm... to make trouble Wink That was just a normal behaviour from Scott  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: