Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:42:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott takes shot at Axl
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott takes shot at Axl  (Read 73175 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2005, 06:13:30 PM »

Scott Weiland needs to shut his mouth.? It's pretty obvious he completely unsecure with his role as the frontman of VR.? This isn't the first time he's flipped out due to fans supporting Axl.? He's a poor man's Axl anyway.? He tries to sound like him, wishes he had his stage moves, and knows that the other guys in the band don't think he's as good a frontman as Axl is.

If you were there at the concert you'd see that everyone was on Scott's side about his comments. The guy was being a dick to Scott and VR, and to the audience by trying to get a rise out of Scott, simple as that.

As for the Axl/Scott comparison, he's a rock n' roll singer playing with 3 ex-GN'R members, but he's hardly an Axl clone. And after seeing him live, I can honestly say that he's one hell of a frontman too, probably one of the best I've ever seen.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2005, 06:14:24 PM »

they can choose to not comment

wrong!? you obviously haven't read much slash, duff, or matt interviews.

What else have they said about their time in GNR? They have all agreed that Axl made their lives a misery near the end of the old band's days, but they all still agree to the fact that they are proud to have been a part of the great legacy that once was GNR

wrong! Axl was, is, and always will be the heart and soul behind GnR.? $lash is replacable.? you can't have GnR without Axl.? You can have it without $lash.?

This is entirely speculative. Without Slash, we never would have had Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child o' Mine, epic rockers like Coma and Locomotive, not to mention the great solos in all of Axl's soppy ballads that saved them from mediocrity. Slash is just as much a part of the legacy of GNR as Axl ever will be. He is the definitive GNR guitarist, end of story. I have yet to meet a single person outside of the online GNR community that cites Axl as their main attraction to Guns N' Roses. He just cops a load of ridicule for the utterly stupid "trilogy" videos and the cycling shorts. Not to mention causing riots thanks to not turning up for concerts, but that's another story.

You are also completely underplaying Izzy's former role as a songwriter in GNR. It is no coincidence that the old band (i.e. a form of GNR featuring more than one original member) failed to produce a single note of new, original material after Izzy left the fold. The musical history of Guns N' Roses would have been very different without Slash and Izzy there, particularly in Appetite for Destruction. Listen to the guitars on that album... the natural interplay and collaboration between the two guitarists is not something that is contrived, or replaceable by just anyone. In my opinion the guitars are what made that album what it is.

I want to hear new music from Axl, and I hope to hell he gets round to bringing out this damn record sometime, but I just don't see why people like you feel the need to completely slam the former members and write off their contribution to GNR just to support Axl.

If you hate Slash so much I hope you've thrown out all of your old GNR albums, I would hate for you to show yourself to be a hypocrite.

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2005, 06:22:56 PM »

did scott say this in the middle of a song like Axl did in rock in rio 3? I just heard the recording to that...Axl is one hell of a asshole and he cant sing for shit no more by listening to that.

html sucks
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2005, 06:25:45 PM »

All in all, who really gives a flying fuck what anyone said!?

Scott was well within his rights, he could have ignored it, but he didnt--- ? ?WHO FUCKING CARES?

Axl signs do not have any business being at a VR show, Slash, duff ,matt ,izzy and steven signs have the right to be there at GNR shows as they made ( along with axl ) GNR what it is and was.

All in all, if axl really wanted to avoid all the shit hes in , and he could have, but he chose not to, he chose to destroy the brand name of one of the worlds BIGGEST bands, and possibly one of the greatest.
All he had to do was start his own band under a new name and problem solved!
And any of you who think axl has any rights using the name as his own are VERY disillusioned.
Its not just about a name, its about a legacy, and he has destroyed it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 06:29:31 PM by phaseONE » Logged

-------and time goes by-------
Papa Smurf
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2005, 06:37:29 PM »

Scott Weiland needs to shut his mouth.? It's pretty obvious he completely unsecure with his role as the frontman of VR.? This isn't the first time he's flipped out due to fans supporting Axl.? He's a poor man's Axl anyway.? He tries to sound like him, wishes he had his stage moves, and knows that the other guys in the band don't think he's as good a frontman as Axl is.

If you were there at the concert you'd see that everyone was on Scott's side about his comments. The guy was being a dick to Scott and VR, and to the audience by trying to get a rise out of Scott, simple as that.

As for the Axl/Scott comparison, he's a rock n' roll singer playing with 3 ex-GN'R members, but he's hardly an Axl clone. And after seeing him live, I can honestly say that he's one hell of a frontman too, probably one of the best I've ever seen.

Yeah, who the hell isn't going to be on Scott's side at a VR concert?  Do you actually think that the whole audience would turn against the lead singer? 

I could care less that Scott kicked that fan out.  What bothers me is Scott's comments towards Axl.  Has Axl ever done anything to piss Scott off?  I don't think so.  I think Scott is getting too wrapped up in the whole GNR thing.  Did he actually think that this kind of stuff wasn't going to happen when he first joined VR?  I actually like STP and enjoy some of VR's stuff.  However, I think Scott needs to watch what he says, because I have a feeling that Axl will indeed have the last laugh when all is done.   
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2005, 07:26:07 PM »

axl has done a ton of rants on countless people and everyone gets a kick out of it, now scott gets pissed because of an axl rose banner at a vr concert and everyone is up in arms.. Have we not read in the past about people chanting for guns n roses tunes at vr concerts then scottt tossing his megaphone at them,.. Bringing a fucking axl roses banner to a vr swhow when people know there's a battle a bad breakup from the group it's a fucking slap in the face of the ex gunners and scott who now fronts the band.. Bringing a banner is like saying hey scott get the fuck off the stage we want axl.. That is why he said if you want that so and so you'll have to wait ten years, it was a direct attack.,.

This sin't some old gnr fan with a slash t shirt at a gnr concert who might have expected to see slash. this is someone at a vr concert trying to get under their skin..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2005, 07:31:34 PM »

yeah he didnt need to take the piss outta axl....cause it makes it sound like slash n duff and co have told him this stuff.

Though is axl really bald?

Why would scott have to hear hair loss or being overweight from the ex gunners when it's been said in countless articles and on vh1 so many times? People shouldn't buy tickets for a vr concert and carry axl rose banners, they had an agenda and that was to be a dick and get under all their skin.. I like scott just like I like axl, they don't take shit..

In the end it's just fucking words getting carried on forever on message boards..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2005, 07:38:37 PM »

You seemed to imply that Axl is bad ass when you said "when Axl responds, Scott won't be looking so bad ass when all is said and done."
Because if Axl chooses to reply Im sure he will have some nice witty, sarcastic comments for Weiland that will make Scott look dumb.

That's because axl has writers and gets 5 years to make comebacks, this was on the spot while pissed off.. It's like axl's warren beaty rant, it wasn't on the spot, he thought long and hard before he said that.... I think scott's statement is exactly what how many countless people have been saying for years.. I don't agree with the statement but he wouldn't have said shit if some asshole didn't bring an axl rose banner to a vr show, it's a diss to the ex gunners and saying hey fuck you scott..

Axl is amazing he is the only man I know who had thin hair in his early 20's and now in his 40's his hair is exactly the same..
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2005, 07:40:52 PM »

the thing with discussions like these is there are essentially two views, and too many people too stubborn to have their own views changed by a logical and reasoned argument (not that i'm doing that, but other people here have put sensible views across)

in my view, i think VR look to scott as the greatest frontman in the world today, i think they tell the truth when they say that. i think anyone who thinks scott honestly tries to imitate axl...well, i think it's just weird. i ain't ever seen axl act like scott does in the slither video. what people need to remember is scott existed as a frontman before VR, he did 5 odd albums with STP and a solo album. he takes as much if not more influence from people like bowie, perry farrell and steve tyler etc than with axl. among rock fans who knew about STP, i always got the impression that, away from the drugs, scotts always been an amazing frontman and i know STPs live reputation was for being amazing (at least among rock fans i spoke to online).

i really doubt scotts comments were personally aimed at axl. its the fan that would have pissed him off, and he was just taking the piss. yeah, the dudes bipolar so in the heat of the moment he could have really really meant what he said, but at the end of the day, like people point out, axls said his fair share of shit. like at the leeds fest 02, where someone said wheres slash in the middle of patience, and axl jumped up and said "he's up my ass! thats where he is! go home fuckhead, shows over!" or something like that. it was hilarious, no it wasn't personal against anyone, but the point is its the fan being a fuckhead that pissed them both off.

and come on, does anyone really think anyone in VR looks at scott and goes - yeah, hes good, but not as good as axl. i mean, seriously. slash hasn't spoken to axl in 8 years, theres NO WAY he looks at scott and wishes for axl. scott is a massive focal point for the band, put it this way, slash has a far bigger reputation, but in alot of the reviews i've read for their live shows, the reporter comes away at least equally impressed if not more so with scott, than with slash.

yes, scott didn't handle it necessarily the best way possibly, but at the same time, like people point out. this is rock and fucking roll, and scotts still living that shit, he's not PC in the rock world and i don't think anyone wants him to be. he said what he said in the heat of the moment, its pretty funny, you can interpret it as a deeply personal insult against axl is thats how you want, but its more likely a heat of the moment thing, also with a possible self reference to himself in 10 years or possibly how long it'll take for axl to release the damn thing. axl must be well aware of how silly it looks to work on an album for 10 years, and even though i'm behind him 100%, i'm sure he can fucking handle people having a little jibe against it when they've been provoked like scott had.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2005, 08:27:19 PM »

agh this whole thing is stupid... stop analyizing what axl will say or why shouldnt Scott say, or why its no good to take axl banners to VR shows or Slash t-shirts to nuGNR shows, fuck it let them fight if they want... FIGHT BITCHES FIGHT!!! Its too boring anyways.. I would love to see this two cunts fight for the rights of Rock n Roll Pet!

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
 hihi
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2005, 09:05:40 PM »

Scot had ever right to kick those stupid fuckers out. Hell Axl would have done the same thing if the roles were reversed. so more power to scot for having some balls and tossing some people from the show.

peace

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2005, 09:29:48 PM »

Scott told them they were not invited, had wasted their money and to get out. "If you want to see a fat, bald guy who wears a wig, you'll have to wait another ten years."

Why would they have to wait ten years when they could just look to Scott's left?[/b]

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2005, 09:32:53 PM »

Scot had ever right to kick those stupid fuckers out. Hell Axl would have done the same thing if the roles were reversed. so more power to scot for having some balls and tossing some people from the show.

peace
He didn't have the right to kick them out if you ask me. ?They paid for their tickets, so they should see the show. ?If there was a notice to all concert-goers that "Axl banners" are not allowed in the place, then he had every right to kick them out. ?But it is wrong (for anyone, including Axl) to kick someone out because you don't like what they wrote on a sign. ?They paid money, they see the show, period. ?If they were screaming "Axl" loudly, that's another story. ?But there weren't. ?They just had a sign. ?And Scott is just a bitchy, little girl who can't handle anything that doesn't go the way he wants.

But the issue is not over the fans that were kicked out. ?The issue is that just because people took Axl banners into a VR show, does not give Scott the right to jump on the "call Axl fat and bald" bandwagon. ?
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2005, 09:33:36 PM »

Scott told them they were not invited, had wasted their money and to get out. "If you want to see a fat, bald guy who wears a wig, you'll have to wait another ten years."

Why would they have to wait ten years when they could just look to Scott's left?[/b]

I can't see the pic, but I assume it's of Slash? hihi
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2005, 09:54:25 PM »

peace
He didn't have the right to kick them out if you ask me.  They paid for their tickets, so they should see the show.  If there was a notice to all concert-goers that "Axl banners" are not allowed in the place, then he had every right to kick them out.  But it is wrong (for anyone, including Axl) to kick someone out because you don't like what they wrote on a sign.  They paid money, they see the show, period.  If they were screaming "Axl" loudly, that's another story.  But there weren't.  They just had a sign.  And Scott is just a bitchy, little girl who can't handle anything that doesn't go the way he wants.

But the issue is not over the fans that were kicked out.  The issue is that just because people took Axl banners into a VR show, does not give Scott the right to jump on the "call Axl fat and bald" bandwagon. 

Man it seems to me that they went their wanting to start some shit , why else would you make an Axl banner and take it to a VR show?People have been kicked out of show for far less stupid shit. But I can see your point though.

As far as Scotts words about  toward Axl,  well i 'm sure when Gn'r start touring again Axl will have some words about scott.

a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2005, 09:59:37 PM »

As far as Scotts words about? toward Axl,? well i 'm sure when Gn'r start touring again Axl will have some words about scott.
That doesn't make it ok. 
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2005, 10:02:39 PM »

As far as Scotts words about  toward Axl,  well i 'm sure when Gn'r start touring again Axl will have some words about scott.
That doesn't make it ok. 

Your  it doesn't, but thats Rock N' Roll.It's just the nature of the best.

a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2005, 10:05:59 PM »

As far as Scotts words about? toward Axl,? well i 'm sure when Gn'r start touring again Axl will have some words about scott.
That doesn't make it ok.?

Your? it doesn't, but thats Rock N' Roll.It's just the nature of the best.
Rock n' roll is dead.  Scott is too old for this name-calling bullshit.  They're all too old for it.  If VR had such a good thing going, they wouldn't need to play the "bash Axl" card.  But all they have going for them is their former glories, so they have to milk them for all they're worth. 

And I don't consider VR to be anything but a pop-rock supergroup.  And they don't have a lot of mainstream success, if any.  So I don't think "conquering the world" worked out for them the way they wanted.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2005, 10:21:39 PM »

peace
He didn't have the right to kick them out if you ask me. ?They paid for their tickets, so they should see the show. ?If there was a notice to all concert-goers that "Axl banners" are not allowed in the place, then he had every right to kick them out. ?But it is wrong (for anyone, including Axl) to kick someone out because you don't like what they wrote on a sign. ?They paid money, they see the show, period. ?If they were screaming "Axl" loudly, that's another story. ?But there weren't. ?They just had a sign. ?And Scott is just a bitchy, little girl who can't handle anything that doesn't go the way he wants.

Maybe he didn't have a right to kick them out, but what fucktard goes to a VR show with an Axl sign anyway???

This seems to be the same recurring argument for 6 pages - he should've, he shouldn't have. I couldn't be bothered arguing this anymore.

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2005, 10:39:10 PM »

Rock n' roll is dead.

It seemed alive and well to me on the two nights I saw VR in Sydney recently.

Besides, if you think rock n' roll is dead, what are you doing here on a GN'R fan website?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: