Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:21:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Parents, your turn !! I'm pregnant !!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Parents, your turn !! I'm pregnant !!!  (Read 18930 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« on: April 14, 2005, 05:25:02 AM »

oki,

I am pleased to announce that a baby gunner is on the way, and has been for almost 8 weeks now.

I heard the foetus little heart beat at the echography, and i cried.

I won't be told about the baby's gender until i am about 4 to 5 months pregnant for safety, so i can't tell you what it is, i have no idea.

My moods are all over the place and i have also stopped smoking ( after 20 years) and that doesn't help my moods either!

I am shit scared of giving birth, i find baby furniture OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive compared to our stuff, so advice and addresses ( in europe or on the net) welcome, because i could do with a bit ?

Thanks

Nothing to say
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 02:52:55 PM »

Congratulations.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 03:03:03 PM »

We have talked a cupla times in PM and I found u to be very intelligent and thought provoking....with that in mind congrats and I sincerely wish u the best.

P.S...wow...if that pic is of u then ur quite the cutie as well Smiley

All the best

David from Australia

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 03:03:34 PM »

Congratulations and hopefully the birth will be sucseesfull? Smiley

You could always get the furniture secondhand from a relative/friend or from your mother if she kept the stuff? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 03:09:25 PM »

Congratulations Smiley

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 03:14:32 PM »

Hope it all goes well

Smiley

Any ideas for names yet?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 03:16:09 PM »

My best advice... epideral. ?If you can get one now, go for it. ? hihi

Seriously though, the minute their rolling you into the ?hospital for delivery, demand the epideral. ? Trust me, you'll be thanking me later. ?And if you can keep from it, don't induce. ?The labor is a lot more painful if you induce.

As far as baby furniture goes, a lot of what they try to sell you is unnecessary. ?You may be able to find a crib used, this is your best bet, because you'll only use the crib a short while. ?If you must get one new, my advice is to get one that can later be altered into a toddler bed, so that you don't have to buy another bed so soon. ?

You may want to get a bassinet or a cradle, so that you can have this in your bedroom the first couple of months. ?It beats having to get out of bed and drag yourself into the baby's bedroom for nighttime feedings, also, your presence will be a calming one for the baby. ? ?

other furniture you'll need, a dresser (Of course) ... try to get one that is at your waist level, and then you can strap a changing pad to the top of it, and you won't need an additional changing table. ?

As far as baby clothing... I know the that a lot of parents want to buy a lot of the cute little outfits that are out there, but, realistically, you won't be using these much, so, if finances are tight, you want to invest in a lot of "onesies" ?these are the one piece tee shirts with the snaps at the crotch. ?These were perfect, you could use them to layer clothing when it was cold, and just keep them in the onesie when its warm. ?Smiley

And... blankets... lots and lots of them. ?Baby spits up on them, leaks on them... you're always washing the blankets, and needing more.

Hope this has been helpful... and congrats! ?Smiley ?Get as much sleep now as you can. ?Smiley

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 03:50:32 PM »

Any ideas for names yet?
Axl if it's a boy, Rose if it's a girl? Grin

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 05:54:30 PM »

I suggest naming the baby Seven.  Or possibly Soda.

Congratulations!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 06:05:49 PM »

congrats Smiley

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2005, 06:36:59 PM »

Congrats, Jessica!  Don't worry about the delivery.  It's really not that bad at all.  I had 2 boys without any pain medication whatsoever.  The best thing about that is 5 mins after they were born, I was up and taking a shower.  Hell, if they would have let me, I would have gone home within the hour.  ok

Why don't you just....
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2005, 06:43:03 PM »

congradulations

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 06:44:06 PM »

Congratulations Jessica!!!

keep us updated, and when u think of some names let us know what u are considering.

Are u gonna have a baby shower? thats an excellent way to get stuff you need for the baby.

Donnie is an excellent name for a kid hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2005, 06:46:24 PM »

Congratulations, Jessica! Smiley

I think that a good way to save money is to talk to friends who also have children... maybe they can lend or give you their previously owned furniture, etc... I think that would definitely help financially. ?

I hope that this is the beginning of a happy and healthy pregnancy Smiley
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2005, 11:10:38 PM »

How exciting, Jessica!  Congratulations!   Smiley
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 03:52:05 AM »

F?licitations Jess !!! Congrats !!!  beer Kiss

I was wondering if you've been thinking about names yet too ...  Grin

The force ... the force ...
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 04:09:46 AM »

oki oki oki ....

YES, i have been thinking about names :

Mathilda, chloe, margo, elisabeth and sarah for a girl

Hugo, thomas, joshua, philippe and guillaume for a boy

As for the furniture, there aren't many people with babies around, so i'll try to grab what i can from them and look at second hand stores. Plus, babies grow up so fast, wh?t's the point in spending a fortune into furniture they won't even need or remember ?

For the "epideral" is probably what we call " peridurale", this injection inside the back that allows a woman to give birth as she is under local anaestetics ? I'm not sure you see ?
Because i have two badly damaged vertebras in my lower back and the epideral has left some women paralysed ? If i was to have an injection inside a place of my body that's already got a problem, it feels like i would be asking for more trouble and would probably get it ? Or am i over worried ?

DISCOBUISCUIT : yes, i say this to everyone, it IS me in the little picture. And thank you.

D : by baby shower, do you mean a birth list ? I don't know if i'll put a birth list in a shop or two, but i do know that my mother is going to be better as a grandmother and she already is asking about what she can help with, what i need, etc etc...Funny how some horrible women make perfect grandmothers..off topic....

GIRLS : is there anything i can do so my weight doesn't goup the roof ? I have stopped smoking, but can't " diet" as such because i'm preggies, but need to watch my weight and there are sports i cannot do yet  ?
Also, are there any good things to do to relax the tummy because honestly, it keeps growing inside and it's a bit painful.
Lastly, i am quite out of breath, i am told it's normal, but IS IT REAAALLY NORMAL  ?

There, becaus i do have existential worries now, i know women have done this since creation, but i haven't and i'm not as zen as i should be.

Thanks everyone.

Jess Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 04:14:57 AM by jessica » Logged

Nothing to say
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2005, 07:40:43 AM »

Congrats!!

Chloe is a great girls name! Good choice!   ok

That's a hatrick for Doull
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2005, 08:47:21 AM »

Because i have two badly damaged vertebras in my lower back and the epideral has left some women paralysed ? If i was to have an injection inside a place of my body that's already got a problem, it feels like i would be asking for more trouble and would probably get it ? Or am i over worried ?

Jessica,  I have issues with my lower back too which is why I refused to have any injection in that area.  It's NOT worth the risk!!  I am telling you that it's not that bad. no

Baby showers provide you with just about everything you'll need.  ok

Why don't you just....
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2005, 10:42:28 AM »

Jessica,  I have issues with my lower back too which is why I refused to have any injection in that area.  It's NOT worth the risk!!  I am telling you that it's not that bad. no

Baby showers provide you with just about everything you'll need.  ok

Bah, i guess i'll just push and scream, push and cry, push and faint and be proud of me when i see a little head, right ? hihi hihi hihi hihi

Ok people, the french me is lost :

WHAT IS A BABY SHOWER Huh?

Nothing to say
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: