Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:46:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNr and its Support Group
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNr and its Support Group  (Read 2442 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: May 09, 2005, 08:21:07 PM »

Its now the Spring of 2005. I remember discovering this great frontman, band, and community 5 yrs ago when I was a Soph in HS. I am now 20 and going to be a junior in college. In between those 5 yrs I have become a bigtime fan of Axl and new gnr. As many of you already know. I have debated and supported this band in so many threads at probably every different hour of the day. Whether its when I first sign online in the morning or when I get home at like 2 or 3 in the morning. Always check the boards, the sites. To see whats new, to participate in the next heated thread/argument. Have my sister read me the headlines when Im away on vacation, etc. Its been part of my life.

In that time there have been so many ups and downs. So many cool memories and stuff. But I just find it really sad, frustrating and kinda helpless that we are all still in the same situation as a few yrs back. Its weird becuase there have been times where it seems as if its been really close for the ball to start rolling. Yet it just never happens. For whatver reason.

And I guess the biggest frustration is the fact that I love this material that we have heard and I love this band. And I just dont want it to end. As many of you know, Im all for waiting,patience, etc. But it just seems as if things are slipping away.

The bUzz, the momentum, the PASSION. And Im not talking about the "outside world'. Im talking about us, the hardcore fans, the support group. The peopel who have been here for yrs going back n forth. There was an intensity here and in the community that in my mind doesnt seem to exist anymore. I guess thats the basis for this post. Like there used to be this intensity and passion here and with me about this band. And it sux to see it kind of diminish for stupidty.

As everyone knows Im as big of an Axl/GNr fan as they come. I have supported and debated for this band for many years.
As for what Axls future holds. Who knows. Its so dam hard to specualte anymore bcause we have no idea what Axls ambitions are. Is Axl struggling? Is everything still on target? We have no idea.

I have listened to the new songs a zillion times. All of them. Every day.I truly love them. I hear the greatness. I get excited. But now im starting to lose that simply because of the stuff outside of the music. And that kinda sux.

Im sick n tired of the potshots, etc. Im sick of all the talk. Im frustrate dbecause I know that this band has the talent and potential to blow away any band out there right now. i know they have the material. I want them to prove it now. No more sprecualtions,rumors, gayass people pretending to be record execs or insiders. I want this band to go out there and prove it. And to just dominate with their music and attitude. I just want to be able to drive in my car witht he windows down and hear the studio version to IRS and all the others. No more bootlegs and cleaned up versions. i want to clean crisp sounds of gnr. I want to turn on the radio and here Catcher in the Rye or TWAT.

I just want this album in the worse way. As I know all of you do as well. I want to be inspired again as I have been for the past few yrs. Axl, the band, the songs have been able to give me all kinds inspirations. I just want that back. I wanna experience CD. I want that intensity and passion back. That hope and excitement. I want GNr to dominant and give a big fuck you to the world.

Cmon Axl, get it together and ring that bell. I/We dont want to be teased anymore.....I want that feeling back

ill stop rambling...Peace

« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 08:36:58 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 08:33:37 PM »

Its now the Spring of 2005. I remember discovering this great frontman, band, and community 5 yrs ago when I was a Soph in HS. I am now 20 and going to be a junior in college. In between those 5 yrs I have become a bigtime fan of Axl and new gnr. As many of you already know. I have debated and supported this band in so many threads at probably every different hour of the day. Whether its when I first sign online in the morning or when I get home at like 2 or 3 in the morning. Always check the boards, the sites. To see whats new, to participate in the next heated thread/argument. Have my sister read me the headlines when Im away on vacation, etc. Its been part of my life.

In that time there have been so many ups and downs. So many cool memories and stuff. But I just find it really sad, frustrating and kinda helpless that we are all still in the same situation as a few yrs back. Its weird becuase there have been times where it seems as if its been really close for the ball to start rolling. Yet it just never happens. For whatver reason.

And I guess the biggest frustration is the fact that I love this material that we have heard and I love this band. And I just dont want it to end. As many of you know, Im all for waiting,patience, etc. But it just seems as if things are slipping away.

The bUzz, the momentum, the PASSION. And Im nott alking baout the "outside world'. Im talking about us, the hardcore fans, the support group. The peopel who have been here for yrs going back n forth. There was an intensity here and in the community that in my mind doesnt seem to exist anymore. I guess thats the basis for this post. Like theire used to be this intensity and passion here and with me about this band. And it sux to see it kind of diminish for stupidty.

As everyone knows Im as big of an Axl/GNr fan as they come. I have supported and debated for this band for many years.
As for what Axls future holds. Who knows. Its so dam hard to specualte anymore bcause we have no idea what Axls ambitions are. Is Axl struggling? Is everything still on target? We have no idea.

I have listened to the new songs a zillion times. All of them. Every day.I truly love them. I hear the greatness. I get excited. But now im starting to lose that simply because of the stuff outside of the music. And that kinda sux.

Im sick n tired of the potshots, etc. Im sick of all the talk. Im frustrate dbecause I know that this band has the talent and potential to blow away any band out there right now. i know they have the material. I want them to prove it now. No more sprecualtions,rumors, gayass people pretending to be record execs or insiders. I want this band to go out there and prove it. And to just dominate with their music and attitude

I just want this album in the worse way. As I know all of you do as well. I want to be inspired again as I have been for the past few yrs. Axl, the band, the songs have been able to give me all kinds inspirations. I just want that back. I wanna experience CD. I want that intensity and passion back. That hope and excitement. I want GNr to dominant and give a big fuck you to the world.

Cmon Axl, get it together and ring that bell. I/We dont want to be teased anymore.....I want that feeling back

ill stop rambling...Peace

try looking at it this way........................

remember the old saying, "if you love something, set them free.  Give them wings to fly and if it's meant to be, they'll come back"

now, to make that make sense in GNR land..................  just ease up and keep busy with other things in life.  When I was in college, I could care less what bands did.  I had way too much social life and studies and things to keep me busy.  I guess, take a step back and look at reality. 

The truth is no one knows anything as to what is going on in the world of GNR EXCEPT Axl.  That is how it should be.  It's his band.

If you stop worrying about what or when Axl's next move is, CD will come out.  It's not like you won't know when it's coming out.  I am sure when it does come out, it'll be all over the radio, etc.

If you really love something, you have to also love and respect what they do or don't do.  Axl isn't going anywhere.  This is who he is and how he acts and you are either with him or not.  But, you can be with him and live your life too. ok
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 08:38:47 PM »

agree and trust me I do live my life. And thats probably why the intensity has gone away..because ive been doing other things. But its not about living your life etc. Im not talking about that in particular

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 08:40:12 PM »

agree and trust me I do live my life. And thats probably why the intensity has gone away..because ive been doing other things. But its not about living your life etc. Im not talking about that in particular

Okay, so you are frustrated because you want the album.  I am sure NO ONE is more frustrated than Axl and he wants the album too. ok
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 09:19:01 PM »

Nice post younggunner - GNR has been a frustrating band to follow alright
I remember back to the wait between Appetite and UYI and that seemed collosal at the time - 4 years!!
but I also remeber the air that the band had around them at the time - there was a legend building, a feeling that we were witnessing a true once in a generation great, take their place.

I'm sceptical of what will eventuate - I have to admit, this lineup wont feel like a band until they release this album and tour, and it will never be GN'R to me, but there is something that keeps us here and it is testiment to GN'Rs legacy that this passion you speak of exists

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 09:22:56 PM »

Okay, so you are frustrated because you want the album.? I am sure NO ONE is more frustrated than Axl and he wants the album too. ok

I sure fuckin' hope you are right Dolphin! ?I am in the same boat as Younggunner. ?Amen younggunner!!!!!!!

I too have "lived my life" to its fullest. ?I got married in '98 to the love of my life, finished graduate school in '01 and entered the professional world...welcomed my first child into the world in '03 (with Paradise City being his first song heard Smiley )...and this year has marked both my highest and lowest hopes for Chinese Democracy. ?Only time will tell.

beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dignan
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 09:34:12 PM »

One day at a time... try it, it works.

"On the run from Johnny Law... ain't no trip to Cleveland".

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 09:51:32 PM »

its just all fucked up!!

We could atleast get one fuckin' song released hey Undecided
Prodigy had Firestarter released nearly a year n' a half before the fuckin' album got released!!!
Just ta see us through.
To think we'll be laughin' at all this bullshit someday.

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Dignan
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 10:30:33 PM »

It was 'Baby's Got a Temper' wasn't it? That was released a year before "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned".
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 10:55:50 PM »

the very nature of passion is that it is intense
we can't always be experiencing it at level 10...

a lot of the time it's just there - below the surface
it just is
so long as you still believe - its' there Wink

and the great thing about being part of the GN'R community is that what GN'R has created in us - we pass around amongst eachother
it sustains us... we sustain eachother... it keeps us going... and we keep it going  ok

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: