Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:00:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Anti-gay protesters opposed by 20 times as many locals
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anti-gay protesters opposed by 20 times as many locals  (Read 3019 times)
SLCPUNK
« on: June 12, 2005, 07:53:43 PM »

Tracy, San Joaquin County -- Thirteen members of an anti-gay church from Kansas who picketed a high school graduation Saturday were met with about 250 counter-demonstrators, 30 police officers and numerous residents annoyed to see divisive protest in this normally quiet town.

Carrying signs reading, "America is Doomed" and "God Hates Perverts," followers and relatives of the Rev. Fred Phelps traveled about 1,800 miles from Topeka to picket the high school graduation at Tracy High because they were upset that students at a different high school in Tracy gained administrative support for resurrecting their chapter of the Gay-Straight Alliance.

"We're here to preach to this generation that it's not all right to be gay,'' said Betty Phelps of Topeka, who carried one sign thanking God for the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and another denouncing gays. "They need to learn some morals before Judgment Day."

Phelps is the daughter-in-law of protest organizer Fred Phelps, pastor of Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, whose parishioners travel around the nation to picket events and denounce gays, Catholics and Muslims. Nine of the 13 protesters were members of the Phelps family and their church operates an anti-gay Web site.

Their presence was countered by a much larger group that loudly proclaimed, "Keep Your Hate in Kansas." Others carried signs saying: "Hate is not a family value."

"I'm proud of my city today -- we showed we won't put up with this hatred,'' said counter-protest organizer Justin Daley, a 17-year-old junior at Merrill F. West High School in Tracy.

Daley resurrected the Gay-Straight Alliance at his school and has prodded the administration to deal with harassment of gay and lesbian students. This led to the resignation of a math teacher who allegedly made anti-gay comments to a student.

The Phelps family read about that and decided to launch a protest of Tracy's perceived support of homosexuality.

"These children are clueless,'' said Shirley Phelps-Roper.

She said the parents and teacher of graduating seniors "are guilty of child abuse" for not teaching children the "true word of God" and the "truth about homosexuality."

"If homosexuality is OK, then so is incest and bestiality," Phelps-Roper said.

Both sides stayed a safe distance from one another and were peaceful, Tracy police said. The protest and counter-demonstration did not seem to have any noticeable effect on the graduation ceremony.

But some people who drove by or walked past were very offended when one of the anti-gay protesters was seen dragging an American flag along the sidewalk and the dirt along Eleventh Street outside the high school.

"Take that flag off the ground. You people are just trying to insult us,'' shouted Andy Perez, 35, of Tracy, who entered his niece's graduation late in order to heckle the Topeka group. "You losers wouldn't know God if he stared you in the face. Get on back to Kansas with Dorothy and Toto."

The Phelps group also vowed to picket services at several churches in Tracy today, including Lutheran, Catholic and Presbyterian congregations that allegedly create a "Satanic zeitgeist" by saying "It's OK to be gay,'' the group's flyer said.

Personally I would have taken the day off and thrown as many eggs on this group of dicks as I could. Maybe they'll come to Tampa, or SLC to protest. I'd love to throw some egg on these rednecks.

ghf@godhatesamerica.com

Is the churches email.

Grin

« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 08:21:13 PM by SLCPUNK-The Legend Of Clintron Burgundy » Logged
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 07:53:33 PM »

You're wrong. Besides the obvious biblical condemnation of sodomy, these protesters are fighting against rampant individuality in a society where there is no consensus on values. This will lead to downfall unless traditional American values are upheld. Preserving the greater good is more important than having people "do their own thing" and cause disunity in the name of "diversity". Modernity has too much of this anyway.

We're only becoming more neurotic because of this.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 08:55:18 PM »

You're wrong. Besides the obvious biblical condemnation of sodomy, these protesters are fighting against rampant individuality in a society where there is no consensus on values. This will lead to downfall unless traditional American values are upheld. Preserving the greater good is more important than having people "do their own thing" and cause disunity in the name of "diversity". Modernity has too much of this anyway.

We're only becoming more neurotic because of this.

This guys website is named "God Hates America dot Com"

He thinks God created 9-11 to punish us because of gays, Catholics, and Jews (and whoever else he can choice to hate).

You agree with that?

No matter if you hate gay people or not (and you don't like anybody) you think God conducted 9-11 to punish Americans?

Are you totally insane?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 08:56:21 PM »

Besides the obvious biblical condemnation of sodomy......

The bible also says it's ok to sell your daughter into sex slavery. You ok with that too? Just wanna make sure.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 09:00:49 PM »

Fundamentalist Christians who believe the Bible is the exact word of God, including that wacky fire and brimstone Revelations ending, have had their finger on the fucking button for 12 years.

[Eyes roll back in head]

"Tell me when Lord, tell me when. Let me be your servant Lord."

Fundamentalist Christianity - fascinating. These people actually believe that the bi.., er, the world is 12 thousand years old. Swear to God.

What the..? Based on what? I asked them.

"Well we looked at all the people in the Bible and we added 'em up all the way back to Adam and Eve, their ages - 12 thousand years."

Well how fucking scientific, okay.

I didn't know that you'd gone to so much trouble. That's good.

You believe the world's 12 thousand years old?

"That's right."

Okay I got one word to ask you, a one word question, ready?

"uh huh."

Dinosaurs.

You know the world's 12 thousand years old and dinosaurs existed, they existed in that time, you'd think it would have been mentioned in the fucking Bible at some point.

"And lo Jesus and the disciples walked to Nazareth. But the trail was blocked by a giant brontosaurus... with a splinter in his paw. And O the disciples did run a shriekin': 'What a big fucking lizard, Lord!'

But Jesus was unafraid and he took the splinter from the brontosaurus's paw and the big lizard became his friend.

And Jesus sent him to Scotland where he lived in a loch for O so many years inviting thousands of American tourists to bring their fat fucking families and their fat dollar bills.

And oh Scotland did praise the Lord. Thank you Lord, thank you Lord. Thank you Lord."

- Bill Hicks.

Don't believe everything you read.

I can't wait to see what minority will be the subject of hatred and condemnation next. The blacks and jews have had it. Women were second class citizens. Gypsies and tinkers too.

When homosexuality is accepted whats gonna be next?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 09:17:17 PM »

Hmmm.....I think it'll go to brown eyes against the green eyes.

This guy traveled to Mathew Shepards funeral (the kid who was beat to death for being gay) and held signs up saying "Mathew is in hell now". I mean, what a sick son of a bitch. The kids parents were there and this fucker, in the name of God (and walk) is there to take a sucker punch at the family. What a horrible man. He does the same thing at AIDS funerals too.

His website has pictures of Mathew Shepard (and that woman who was mauled to death by that dog in San Fran) in flames with captions that say "987 days in hell so far.....Infinity - 987 = Infinity." All in the name of God.

This fucker hates EVERYBODY though. What is amazing to me, is that he can get people to go with him across country and do this. What a bunch of dicks. I don't see how there church hasn't been burned down yet. To claim that 9-11 was God's punishment on America offends more than gay people at that point.

I saw him on the news once, and a protestor maced his ass. Right in the face, he fell to the ground laughing out loud. Not screaming in pain, but rather, laughing. A dangerous nut job for sure.

Thank God we have enough brave people in this country to stamp out the flames of hate before they really get started.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 09:23:06 PM »

Hmmm.....I think it'll go to brown eyes against the green eyes.

clever.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 08:36:51 PM »

He thinks God created 9-11 to punish us because of gays, Catholics, and Jews (and whoever else he can choice to hate).

You agree with that?

No matter if you hate gay people or not (and you don't like anybody) you think God conducted 9-11 to punish Americans?

Are you totally insane?

Everything is planned, but it's not our job to question why. God can hate whoever he wants to.
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 03:52:20 AM »

I'm a bit curious now ! How are you supposed to know that ?! Do you have close conversation with .... God ?  Roll Eyes

The force ... the force ...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 11:36:02 AM »

You agree with that?

Are you totally insane?

Everything is planned, but it's not our job to question why. God can hate whoever he wants to.

God hates whoever he wants............

Classic!

You should be a comedy writer. hihi
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 11:57:44 AM »

I'm sorry but i always took the idea of God to be all knowing, all powerful and all loving? The idea of god hating someone doesnt really run parallel to His being all loving. Care to explain?
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 12:09:48 PM »

You agree with that?

Are you totally insane?

everythign is planned eh? God can hate who and however he wants..... true he can..... so he can hate you through me and plan for me to cut off your dick and beat you over the head with it..... honestly..... im glad i live in canada...... most hate we get these days is.... "they beleived an Iranian general over a canadian citizen......." oh and we racial profile now too... lol fuck like it wasnt happening forever anyway....the problem with people these days is that they are terrified little kids thats afraid that daddy is going to come home and beat them if they dont follow literily word for word what is in the bible.... id like to move everyone off of My island.... send these moron here and use it for a nuke testing site... hell id rent it to N. Korea so they can test there bombs..... wait i better be careful or i might sound just like everyone else and be a hate monger....... im pretty accepting of everyone... except when they are plain wrong... or have thier head so far up their asses that when it comes out you'll hear the pop.

*mutters as walks away....* if i had a fucking time machine id go back and wipe every fucking relgion that cropped up off the face of the planet.. and make sure that the bible never got mass produced as a relgious book but as a work of philsophy... or fiction.*

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: