Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 01:34:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chris Cornell on '92 GNR/Axl
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Cornell on '92 GNR/Axl  (Read 39741 times)
RichardNixon
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2005, 10:00:34 PM »

It seems like everyone who tours with Axl has something bad to say, gets old. Now he gets bashed for saying hi and the way he dresses. Wow.

I really don't think Cornell was bashing Axl. I thought it was pretty funny.
Warren
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2005, 03:35:53 AM »

It seems that Mr Cornell has the same humor than Feminem... I don't laugh at all. Angry

Mr Cornell is a joke. yes
RichardNixon
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2005, 05:23:30 AM »

It seems that Mr Cornell has the same humor than Feminem... I don't laugh at all. Angry

Mr Cornell is a joke. yes

A joke? Chris Cornell is one of the best singers in modern rock (although his voice isn't quite what it once was). People are getting too worked up over this. He didn't say anything all that bad, really.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2005, 08:11:33 AM »

Chris Cornell is definitely one of the best singers in rock and Sound Garden one of the best bands.. He didn't say anything bad now, did he?

Fuck 'Em All.
madagas
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2005, 08:32:38 AM »

Did someone on here compare Chris Cornell to Sebastian Bach? Oh lord no! Cornell is the real deal and Soundgarden was incredible. Jesus Christ Pose alone puts them on a pedestal in my opinion. Finck as a guitar player has much more in common with Kim Thayil than he does Slash. In the end, new Gnr may sound more like later Soundgarden than old Gnr! So, you better quit bashing Cornell. Hell, Cornell would sound great fronting Axl's orchestra. Maybe if Axl dies, Geffen can hire Cornell to come in and actually record vocals over those hours and hours of instrumentals. rofl rofl ps, for the uninitiated, just buy Soundgarden's greatest hits called "A Sides". It is a much better compilation than Gnr's hits.  Kiss
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 08:34:33 AM by madagas » Logged
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2005, 08:36:29 AM »

ps, for the uninitiated, just buy Soundgarden's greatest hits called "A Sides". It is a much better compilation than Gnr's hits.? Kiss
I'll vouch for that  ok

Fuck 'Em All.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2005, 09:22:28 AM »

Hell, Cornell would sound great fronting Axl's orchestra.

Madagas, you just made my day.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
madagas
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2005, 09:37:58 AM »

I stole that saying from you! Grin
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2005, 11:36:10 AM »

It was four albums and the songs usually have more complex lyrics than other pop and rock artists.

even then the teleprompter thing was silly. How often were GNR throwing rare songs into the mix?? they played pretty much the same setlist give or take 3-4 songs for 2 years. Axl managed it fine before he started getting all uppity, and 99.9% of bands with many more albums manage just fine. It was indulgence pure n simple.

I mean 'welcome the the ummmm Huh.....and Axl has the nerve to slag Izzy for supposedly being so stoned he couldnt play guitar live when he cant even remember his own songs. (funny how Mr stoned Izzy played  and recorded just fine solo)

There were songs that were continuously hacked. I have heard more than 1 boot where he fucks up the words to patience....

I think with all the cloths changing and running around like a maniac he actually didn't NEED the teleprompters, but would find that sometimes they helped him remember the words.

Also, there were songs with Alt. lyrics (Don't Cry), so while I think the prompters were a little questionable, I can sorta see why they were there.

I remember reading that Slash or Izzy had to write the cord progressions to COMA down on the stage before they played the song live because it was so difficult and hard to remember....

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2005, 12:26:18 PM »

Calling teleprompters an extravagance -  Roll Eyes  hihi 

They were a precaution to make sure everything went smoothly - that's called thinking consideration for the fans when it comes to putting on a good show.

Axl used them for standing on more often than reading the lyrics but I'm sure there were times when they were invaluable.

It's true also that Izzy and Slash has to write down the chord progressions for Coma on a huge board and put them on the stage to get it right.

As for the article, I can't see anything wrong with it. Crazy outfit.... oh yeah, add crazy performer, crazy singer, crazy guy, all things that contribute to Axl Rose, a huge reason why GNR were great.

As for Axl's reaction to Cornell, it seems a pretty cool down to earth one considering the crazy (there's that word again) rule of seeing no one between dressing room and stage. According to most Axl bashers, that would be the point where Axl goes mental at Cornell and then gets Earl to beat the shit out of him.  hihi

@#$%Funker
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2005, 04:58:21 PM »

Wow, Axl had some crazy rules on tour.  I wonder why he didn't want anyone of the hallway when he was walking down, I would love to hear the reason for that.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2005, 05:04:38 PM »

ya know REALLY now.. who gives a flyin' fig!?

if he was sacrificing live chickens in the back and wore and indian headress on stage with a loincloth - so what!???

he put on kick ass shows with GN'R!  ok
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2005, 05:10:32 PM »

ya know REALLY now.. who gives a flyin' fig!?

if he was sacrificing live chickens in the back and wore and indian headress on stage with a loincloth - so what!???

he put on kick ass shows with GN'R!  ok

No doubt he certainly did but part of Axl's appeal to me is that he is intriguing and I just would love to know the reason why for the empty hallways. 

check it out!!
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2005, 05:13:27 PM »

No doubt he certainly did but part of Axl's appeal to me is that he is intriguing and I just would love to know the reason why for the empty hallways.?

but ah... if we knew all that stuff he wouldn't be as intriquing anymore  Wink
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »

No doubt he certainly did but part of Axl's appeal to me is that he is intriguing and I just would love to know the reason why for the empty hallways. 

but ah... if we knew all that stuff he wouldn't be as intriquing anymore  Wink

Yeah, I guess intriguing would turn into crazy but we already know that, that's part of what made him great Cheesy but it definitely would make for some interesting reading hihi

check it out!!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2005, 05:31:29 PM »

Sebastian Bach's voice puts Cornell's to shame.  But besides that he definitely wasn't bashing Axl.  He was just telling a funny story.  I personally found it hilarious. 

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2005, 06:43:31 PM »

So I guess too many people were stopping him in the hallway to chat, that must've been why he was late all the time. Roll Eyes   What logical reason could he possibly have for clearing the halls like that? Back in 91-92 when I was 14 years old, I thought Axl was the coolest ever.  Now when I see some old footage, I cringe.  I'll always love the music, but he was so far gone by then.  I didn't notice at the time. 

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2005, 07:05:09 PM »

Wow, Axl had some crazy rules on tour.? I wonder why he didn't want anyone of the hallway when he was walking down, I would love to hear the reason for that.

We don't know who made up the rules if it actually existed.....

I thought that it was pretty common that the security people demand things like a free way from the dressing room to the stage, from a plane to a car or from a car to the hotel. Makes their job easier.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2005, 07:41:13 PM »

Wow, Axl had some crazy rules on tour.? I wonder why he didn't want anyone of the hallway when he was walking down, I would love to hear the reason for that.

We don't know who made up the rules if it actually existed.....

I thought that it was pretty common that the security people demand things like a free way from the dressing room to the stage, from a plane to a car or from a car to the hotel. Makes their job easier.

/jarmo

Sure, from fans and maybe backstage workers, media and such but it just seemed by Chris's statement that it even ment band members too, managment,? anybody at all..? I just found that to be interesting if it was that extreme.? Like you said, it may not have even existed or maybe Chris exaggerated a bit. Wink

check it out!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2005, 08:04:25 PM »

Sure, from fans and maybe backstage workers, media and such but it just seemed by Chris's statement that it even ment band members too, managment,  anybody at all.. 

Media - likely since Axl didn't give that many interviews at the time

I don't really see the comments as something negative. Chris is just desribing what he saw. It's true that there were teleprompters on the stage and Axl used to wear those shorts.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: