Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:13:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Prank Against (Tom) Cruise Leads to Arrest
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prank Against (Tom) Cruise Leads to Arrest  (Read 6256 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: June 20, 2005, 11:55:12 AM »

Prank Against Cruise Leads to Arrest
Jun 20, 8:00 AM EST
The Associated Press

LONDON -- The London premiere of "War of the Worlds" turned into a war of words after Tom Cruise was squirted in the face by a man posing as a reporter.

Four men were released on bail after being arrested and were ordered to return to a police station Monday.

The actor was outside a movie theater in central London's Leicester Square on Sunday doing press interviews when a man squirted him with a water pistol disguised as a microphone, London's Metropolitan Police said.

Cruise initially appeared to laugh at the incident but then asked the prankster: "Why would you do that?"

As the man gave a barely audible excuse, Cruise said: "Do you like thinking less of people, is that it?" The prankster tried to walk away but Cruise reached across the metal barrier, held his arm and said: "Don't run away. That's incredibly rude. I'm here giving you an interview and you do that ... it's incredibly rude."

The actor grew increasingly irritated and told the man: "You're a jerk." Footage of the incident appeared on Sky News TV on Monday.

Police detained the man who squirted Cruise and arrested three other men who filmed the incident. The four were working on a new comedy show for British television station Channel 4 in which celebrities are the targets of practical jokes.

Police released the men on bail several hours later and ordered them to return to a central London police station on Monday, when they may be charged with assault, the police spokesman said.

Actress Katie Holmes, who recently got engaged to Cruise, was at the premiere but not by his side at the time of the incident.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 12:03:36 PM »

Funny story

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 12:11:30 PM »

Thank God that guy wasn't some lunatic stalker and squirted acid in Cruise's face!!!? ?rant

I hope Cruise presses charges against these idiots and the tv show they were working for!!!?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
usurper
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 12:15:53 PM »

Thank God that guy wasn't some lunatic stalker and squirted acid in Cruise's face!!!? ?rant

I hope Cruise presses charges against these idiots and the tv show they were working for!!!?

Thats pointless, its only some water, at least he wasn't shot
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 12:17:35 PM »

thats pretty fuckin funny

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 01:11:49 PM »

Does seem a very silly incident - thought Mr Cruise seems to have handled himself very well, i'd probably have taken a swing at the guy

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 02:02:33 PM »

With all the terrorist shit and crazy people in the world it was a stupid prank fine it was only water but the intial scare before he realised will of scared the shit out of him and yes i would of taken a swing at him to...don't people have anything better to do, what's so funny about it anyway it's not exactly the greatest prank ever...no originality...totally fuckin' pointless!
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 02:09:01 PM »

Hee-hee hihi  funny

What's so civil about war anyway?
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 02:18:05 PM »

With all the terrorist shit and crazy people in the world it was a stupid prank fine it was only water but the intial scare before he realised will of scared the shit out of him and yes i would of taken a swing at him to...don't people have anything better to do, what's so funny about it anyway it's not exactly the greatest prank ever...no originality...totally fuckin' pointless!

typical of the humour currently on british tv, by idiots, for idiots

good on cruise for reacting the way he did...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 02:44:31 PM »

typical of the humour currently on british tv, by idiots, for idiots

good on cruise for reacting the way he did...

God bless our fair nation - between Channel 4, The Sun, our 'glossy' mags and our incredibly bland ''rock'' bands - we own the world of culture - u hear that world, u can't touch us!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 03:10:08 PM »

fuck him. the grumpy little dwarf that he is. if you sell your soul to celebrity status then you accept that shit like that happens.

If you've ever appeared in OK, Hello, etc of your own choosing you can NEVER complain about being a celebrity as he's just another media whore at the capitalist gang-bang.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2005, 03:46:52 PM »

fuck him. the grumpy little dwarf that he is. if you sell your soul to celebrity status then you accept that shit like that happens.

If you've ever appeared in OK, Hello, etc of your own choosing you can NEVER complain about being a celebrity as he's just another media whore at the capitalist gang-bang.

Very true - but, he still doesn't deserve being assualted - lets wait untill they find the bodies of his previous lovers before we endorse that

Quick! To the bandwagon!
MCT
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 06:35:48 PM »

rofl

Let me guess, you're a big Negativland fan, right?
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2005, 07:43:10 PM »

what's negativland? Huh
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 07:57:51 PM »

Actually, before you slag tom off, you should know that sharon osbourne was in that very same situation coming out of a restaurant i nengland about a month ago and her reaction wasn't any better.

I think people react with anger not because of the water, but because the surprise feeling is overwhelming.

Put yourself in their shoes, they are overexposed all their lifes and exposed to mad people.

Nothing to say
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 08:29:52 PM »

Very true - but, he still doesn't deserve being assualted - lets wait untill they find the bodies of his previous lovers before we endorse that

Doesnt deserve to be assaulted.. holy shit squirted with water.. its just a joke Tom just doesnt have a sense of humour

SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2005, 09:45:02 PM »

Does seem a very silly incident - thought Mr Cruise seems to have handled himself very well, i'd probably have taken a swing at the guy

Yea, it could have been ugly, ie shot dead, I'm glad he was ok.

I would have punched the guy. Cruise was probably hip to this and that is why he didn't knock him out.

Watch.....the guy will come back and sue Cruise for grabbing his arm, claiming "mental distress."
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2005, 11:50:54 PM »

Yea, it could have been ugly, ie shot dead, I'm glad he was ok.

I would have punched the guy. Cruise was probably hip to this and that is why he didn't knock him out.

Watch.....the guy will come back and sue Cruise for grabbing his arm, claiming "mental distress."

that'd be fucken right hey Roll Eyes

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 01:41:42 AM »

I just watched the clip online. I'm not sure what the 'squirter' was trying to accomplish. Cruise asked the guy why he 'just did that' and the guy just stood there silent. Then Cruise asked again, then told the guy twice 'you are a jerk'. Again, the dipshit just stood there. Then the camera zoomed in on the alledged 'squirter' as Cruise told him he was a jerk.

What was that idiot trying to do? Besides have an A list actor tell him off?

Total idiot.....

Kudos to Cruise for not losing his cool.
Amanda
Headliner

It Girl

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 05:48:25 AM »

Agree. Yes it could have been worse, however it was only water, and there was really no point standing there labouring the issue that the guy did the wrong thing. TC would have come off the better if he'd said jerk and laughed and moved on straight away.

Sippin' a drink and feeling fine.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: