Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:10:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Europeans prefer China to the US?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Europeans prefer China to the US?  (Read 29462 times)
journey
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2005, 01:52:44 PM »

europe is jealous of the US. so there's always been a little hatred towards us.

there. That is the main reason that i prefer china over america.

I'll take my free health service, better and free to all education system, more tolerant society and (most importantly) better bands over the us anyday.

Not all Americans have an arrogant attitude. That's like saying all French people are rude. It's a clich?. You shouldn't base the U.S. on what you see in movies or on the news, because it's false.

How can you favor a country that dictates its people to choose between their children. They're only allowed a certain amount of children in a house hold.

China has better bands? WTF?

« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 01:57:35 PM by journey » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2005, 02:00:49 PM »

I'll take my free health service, better and free to all education system, more tolerant society and (most importantly) better bands over the us anyday.

so it's ok for you to say your country is better than the US, but not ok for me to say the US is the greatest country in the world?  Roll Eyes

i guess you and your country have a great appreciation for double standards.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2005, 02:27:52 PM »

Not all Americans have an arrogant attitude. That's like saying all French people are rude. It's a clich?. You shouldn't base the U.S. on what you see in movies or on the news, because it's false.

How can you favor a country that dictates its people to choose between their children. They're only allowed a certain amount of children in a house hold.

China has better bands? WTF?

a) My list was stuff that is available in britain.

b) I meant britain has better bands.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2005, 02:31:41 PM »

so it's ok for you to say your country is better than the US, but not ok for me to say the US is the greatest country in the world? Roll Eyes

When did i say you couldn't say that? Please don't put words in my mouth.

I guess you and your country have a great appreciation for making stuff up. WMD's anyone?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 02:43:30 PM by 2NaFish » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2005, 02:58:14 PM »

so it's ok for you to say your country is better than the US, but not ok for me to say the US is the greatest country in the world? Roll Eyes

When did i say you couldn't say that? Please don't put words in my mouth.

I guess you and your country have a great appreciation for making stuff up. WMD's anyone?

i've had more intelligent convos with my 2-year-old.

i say the U.S. is the greatest country in the world. you disagree. that's fine, kid. neither one of us knows what it's like to live in each other's country anyway.

but you have to admit, the U.S. sure does have alot of immigrants living here. alot of people in this world share my opinions.

2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2005, 03:09:32 PM »

no, answer my question. where did i deny you your opinion as you made out.

and there's no need to insult.

oh, and last year i spent three months living and working in kent conneticut and then a further 2 months in NYC, so don't be sure that i don't know what it's like to live in america.

check the rate of immigration in to britain before you start making claims on that front too.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 03:26:58 PM by 2NaFish » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2005, 03:29:12 PM »

i've had more intelligent convos with my 2-year-old.

i say the U.S. is the greatest country in the world. you disagree. that's fine, kid. neither one of us knows what it's like to live in each other's country anyway.

Before you insult 2Na's intelligence, why don't you read what you wrote genius:

the world recognizes the U.S. as the greatest nation on earth.

You weren't saying the U.S. is the greatest country in the world, you were saying the WORLD thinks the U.S. is the greatest country.  Really though, nice backtrack, I was impressed.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2005, 03:41:30 PM »

so it's ok for you to say your country is better than the US, but not ok for me to say the US is the greatest country in the world?  Roll Eyes

i think that 2nafish expressing what he prefers and likes about their country is certainly more appealing than you saying that other people are jealous of their country...the truth is the statistics speak for themselves, people prefer China to the USA, 5 years ago it was completely different...

GNRNightrain asks why people have lost disrespect for the USA...bullshit, lies, distrust, corruption, starting wars with other countries, a obsessive president who continually presses the word freedom yet has trouble with grammar and definition, politicians who try to make us believe that the US is pristine when its not true, and the US politicians manipulating other countries to do what they want, the media continuous pumping out bias...and people who are so gullible to believe all that shit

then you have some americans on this board going on about how great they are...it shows a lack of knowledge about,  and a lack of respect for, the rest of the world...despite this,  they still assume they know better...most people i know have respect for the achievements by individual proud americans and there are a hell of a lot of them...but as a nation, and as for your politics

"surrounded by bullshit smelling as roses"

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2005, 03:44:11 PM »

sandman, one question

why the fuck do you HAVE to love your country ?
you were just born there.
just live your life. maybe you've been brainwashed when you were young, but here is a quick news: YOU DONT HAVE TO LOVE YOUR COUNTRY.

countries and nation dont mean anything anymore.
companies make money all over the world.
you're wearing clothes made 60000 miles away from you
people move
people travel

we're not in the middle age anymore. you're not gonna go to hell if you disagree with your country.

i'm french. i don't care about france. my girldfriend's american and ?i don't care about the us either.
i care about the people i know. i care about people in general, not about a country.

you make me think of these college student that wear their university tee shirt all the time, like they wanna tell the world : i am part of something.

thats what you are. you are afraid not to be part of something. so live by BEING an american, you're not sandman, you're AN AMERICAN, and your government can replace by another one because you are not a person, your ONE american.

peace Smiley
so just live your life, love the people you meet, do good things, dont kill people, and fuck your country. fuck your nation.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2005, 03:46:38 PM »

i said europe is jealous of the U.S. (i later said i was being sarcastic....tuna conveniently ignored that).

my point was that i believe the U.S. is the greatest nation, and i'm proud of it. and i believe some other nations strive to be like the U.S. in many ways (science, technology, athletics, etc.). at least i hope they do. just like the U.S. strives to be as good as england at soccer.

tuna replied with "there. That is the main reason that i prefer china over america."

so basically he was saying that he has mroe respect for china because some people in the U.S. believe we're the best and are not afraid to say it.

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2005, 03:49:24 PM »

sandman, one question

just live your life. maybe you've been brainwashed when you were young, but here is a quick news: YOU DONT HAVE TO LOVE YOUR COUNTRY.

people move
people travel

we're not in the middle age anymore. you're not gonna go to hell if you disagree with your country.

i'm french. i don't care about france. my girldfriend's american and ?i don't care about the us either.
i care about the people i know. i care about people in general, not about a country.

you make me think of these college student that wear their university tee shirt all the time, like they wanna tell the world : i am part of something.

thats what you are. you are afraid not to be part of something. so live by BEING an american, you're not sandman, you're AN AMERICAN, and your government can replace by another one because you are not a person, your ONE american.

peace Smiley
so just live your life, love the people you meet, do good things, dont kill people, and fuck your country. fuck your nation.

if the world was like that there would be no nations, no diverse people, we would all just be humans. Where the fun in watching the World Cup in that?

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2005, 04:01:46 PM »

NIB you may have a point about the world cup ....  Grin
but come nations don't mean anything anymore

economy is global
pain and suffering is global
war is global

in a few decades politics will be global, and we'll say bye bye to the concept of nation.

but hey, if people love their nation that much, it's cool, we can use them as soldier and send them to kill and die for us.

im just saying: you DONT HAVE to love your country.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2005, 04:09:14 PM »

sandman, one question

people move
people travel

peace Smiley

in another thread, 2nafish said the following:

"where you can get ahead if you work for it and are talented enough. the reality is pretty different."

anyone who truly knows and understands america, knows that this statement is false. and THAT's one of the many things i love about america. if you work hard, you will get ahead in life. the opportunities are so grand.

people assume that americans are brain-washed. i'm not sure why. my love for this country has little to do with politicians or political actions and decisions. it has to do with the people, the land, the activities, the social scenes, etc. etc.

in no way do i feel anyone HAS to love their country.

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2005, 04:44:28 PM »

ibeg to differ. your country is what it is because of what the poliics do.
social life is mapped on what the rules/laws allows to do.
therefore you like the politics of your country.

and also i'm sure you don't even know 5% of your country, people or land.
you like your close environement, the one you know, and you think it's same everywhere. but no, people are very poor in the us, people are discriminated in your country, and you shouldnt like that.

people generaly take their close/known environement (their job, their salary, the people they know) and make it THE world.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2005, 08:30:28 PM »

ibeg to differ. your country is what it is because of what the poliics do.
social life is mapped on what the rules/laws allows to do.
therefore you like the politics of your country.

and also i'm sure you don't even know 5% of your country, people or land.
you like your close environement, the one you know, and you think it's same everywhere. but no, people are very poor in the us, people are discriminated in your country, and you shouldnt like that.

people generaly take their close/known environement (their job, their salary, the people they know) and make it THE world.

wow, you have everything figured out. sadly, i think you're actually being serious. 

kids.  Roll Eyes

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2005, 09:18:46 PM »

I always bring up this agument when i get into a debate about countries. If your bon in a country, it dosnt make you that nationality, its just makes you a citezen then. If you have a German guy born in Japan, is that guy automaticly Japanese or his he still German. Hes German with a Japanese citizenship.

Same thing with America. The only time one can be truely American is if they're like 7th generation and thier bloodline is completely lost. So in a sence, WAT-EVER has a point, but patritism is important, and it gives us individuality.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
GnRNightrain
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2005, 10:59:04 PM »

Justice Scalia recently came to my school.  During a question and answer session he started talking bout how the United States is different than other places in the sense that we are the only country that is measured by our ideals.  Is there any other country that has a term such as "unamerican."  Is there such thing as unbritish, unfrench, or ungerman?  We dont measure ourselves by race, skin color, or heritage.  We measure ourselves by our ideals.  I thought it was an interesting point, regardless if one agrees with our ideals or not.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2005, 01:20:58 AM »

Justice Scalia recently came to my school.? During a question and answer session he started talking bout how the United States is different than other places in the sense that we are the only country that is measured by our ideals.? Is there any other country that has a term such as "unamerican."? Is there such thing as unbritish, unfrench, or ungerman?? We dont measure ourselves by race, skin color, or heritage.? We measure ourselves by our ideals.? I thought it was an interesting point, regardless if one agrees with our ideals or not.

In australia people often use the term "unaustralian". Or more conveniently, just say someone did something wrong you can say "that's just not cricket".  hihi

but seriously, for all these people that have said they prefer China over the US, i wonder if this preference extends so far that they'd prefer to live in China rather than the US. I can't imagine, even the US with all its flaws, that somebody would rather live in China.

It'd be interesting to see what they say then. If they favour China so much, and they had a choice between living in China or America, well they'd have to live in China or else they'd be contradicting themselves.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2005, 03:54:41 AM »

i also wanna say that i don't hate america. and people don't in general.
there's plenty fun stuff in the us.

but hardcore americans can't find the flaws in their country. but maybe thats why the us are doing pretty good (on the surface) because they have an army of sheep working for them.
thats why France can be fucked up sometimes, because we hate our country no matter how great it is, no matter what happens, we always find a way to criticize .... and i like it Grin

SLCPUNK
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2005, 04:58:11 AM »

? Is there any other country that has a term such as "unamerican."?

UnAmerican is a propaganda term at best. That is the only way I see it used.

That is how you use it. I see no other need for such a word. Probably why no other country uses it.? Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: