Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:30:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Europeans prefer China to the US?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Europeans prefer China to the US?  (Read 28827 times)
GnRNightrain
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2005, 11:36:45 AM »

there are several people here with a very serious case of persecution complex.

They automatically assume that they are the most hated nation on earth because people prefer another country to theirs.
Well, look at the country you prefer to us.  Its not like you said you preferred Canada over us.  That I could understand.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2005, 11:40:52 AM »

They automatically assume that they are the most hated nation on earth because people prefer another country to theirs.

Sometimes you can't blame the country. I dont mean to bring 'em up again but almost everybody hates the Jews, and the use thier getting their asses kicked all the time as a crutch.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2005, 11:55:04 AM »

Well, look at the country you prefer to us. Its not like you said you preferred Canada over us. That I could understand.

yes, but with the exception of it's government i think that china is an amazing place. The view of china in the states is obviously going to low as chinese is "communist". In britain we have communist-like parties that take a marginal vote at election so china's government isn't that much of a problem to europeans.

Whereas america is supposed to be the most pure form of democracy and presents itself self as wholesome (like a Coca-Cola commercial). It's expected for china to have a shitty human rights record, its the destruction of an illusion when america does something "wrong".
GnRNightrain
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2005, 12:07:14 PM »

Well, look at the country you prefer to us. Its not like you said you preferred Canada over us. That I could understand.

yes, but with the exception of it's government i think that china is an amazing place. The view of china in the states is obviously going to low as chinese is "communist". In britain we have communist-like parties that take a marginal vote at election so china's government isn't that much of a problem to europeans.
Well, Communism is just one of many things that are wrong with China.  China is a cool place, and I like the people there also.  But as is pretty evident from this thread, we are speaking in terms of government and actions by the government.  Maybe you do agree with China on more stuff than you do us.  To me, that speaks volumes about who we should consult when we make out decisions.

Whereas america is supposed to be the most pure form of democracy and presents itself self as wholesome (like a Coca-Cola commercial). It's expected for china to have a shitty human rights record, its the destruction of an illusion when america does something "wrong".
Fair enough, I understand that we might not be meeting the expectations.  However, that is not a reason to prefer a country with poor human rights over us?  That isnt very good logic if you ask me.  Do you also prefer Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Cuba, and other countries over us as well? 
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2005, 12:33:38 PM »

people (americans ? ) generaly confuse communism with dictatorship.
they're on two different level.

communism is how you rule the econmy of a country. not about the freedom.
communism HAS NEVER EXISTED. it's impossible to set up because people are dumb.

so by saying "communism" is a problem, you want to say dictatorship / non-democratic countries are a problem.

communism can be compared with capitalism.
democracy can be compared with dictatorship.

because china is FAAAAARRRR from being a communist country. china is Helluva capitalist country: proof ? < you don't even imagine how much big multinational companies love the way China sees business.
china is even more capitalist than the us. it's all about money and growth.

and really. western countries are almost decadent.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2005, 12:48:44 PM »

Yeah but that doesnt give someone a right to hate an entire country.

Your country is often defined by the people who run it or the ones who are famous for being from your country.

It's your president and what an idiot he is.

/jarmo

People get angry and upset when bombs are dropped on people and young men and women are marched off to war. If they feel it is unjust, even more so.

Bush is not very handy to people around the world to voice their opinion. But Americans are at an arms length most times. I am not condoning attacking anybody, but people are angry over this bogus war. The Americans traveling, or living abroad are the closest thing these people can get to.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2005, 12:53:48 PM »

Well, look at the country you prefer to us.  Its not like you said you preferred Canada over us.  That I could understand.

Right.........

And that is not a wake up call for you, over this war?

That people look on it that badly, that they prefer THAT over America?

Get it?

I'm not the only one who doesn't like hypocrites.
GnRNightrain
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2005, 01:38:01 PM »

Well, look at the country you prefer to us.? Its not like you said you preferred Canada over us.? That I could understand.

Right.........

And that is not a wake up call for you, over this war?

That people look on it that badly, that they prefer THAT over America?

Get it?

I'm not the only one who doesn't like hypocrites.
I want out of this war now also.? Bush never had a chance to succeed in this war, not when so many of his own people wanted him to fail.? Its too late to be successful there, I think we should bring our kids home.? We lost this war in PR a long time ago.? Certainly, the fault falls on the President and those that sought to make this whole war political.  Ted Kennedy, Howard Dean etc have achieved their goal, Iraq has turned into a quasi-Vietnam.

Besides, Canada is much closer politically to Europe.? Thats fine, and that is why it wouldnt surprise me to see numbers showing that they liked Canada more than the US.? But China?? Isnt that a wake up call for you at all, that people would prefer a country that kills its own people over ours?? Certainly I understand the backlash about the war.? However, the war has warped so many minds to the point that we have Europeans preferring China to the US, and we have certain US citizens boycotting French goods or hating France.? I think the propoganda on both sides has to stop.? Its not one side or the other, its both sides.? Both Europe and the US are acting like Children over the dispute over the war.? Considering our past and how much I love Europe, it is really sad to see.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 01:40:36 PM by GnRNightrain » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2005, 01:57:35 PM »

see Nightrain, you're making sense now Smiley
> Both Europe and the US are acting like Children < SO TRUE.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2005, 03:00:39 PM »

I agree too.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2005, 03:09:22 PM »

I want out of this war now also.  Bush never had a chance to succeed in this war, not when so many of his own people wanted him to fail.  Its too late to be successful there, I think we should bring our kids home.  We lost this war in PR a long time ago.  Certainly, the fault falls on the President and those that sought to make this whole war political.  Ted Kennedy, Howard Dean etc have achieved their goal, Iraq has turned into a quasi-Vietnam.

Besides, Canada is much closer politically to Europe.  Thats fine, and that is why it wouldnt surprise me to see numbers showing that they liked Canada more than the US.  But China?  Isnt that a wake up call for you at all, that people would prefer a country that kills its own people over ours?  Certainly I understand the backlash about the war.  However, the war has warped so many minds to the point that we have Europeans preferring China to the US, and we have certain US citizens boycotting French goods or hating France.  I think the propoganda on both sides has to stop.  Its not one side or the other, its both sides.  Both Europe and the US are acting like Children over the dispute over the war.  Considering our past and how much I love Europe, it is really sad to see.

children rarely voice their opinions on such matters and voicing opinions over whether a war is justified etc is certainly not childish

it was the americas government's actions that gave rise to the results of this poll yet you turn it around and try to blame europeans for changing their opinions on their preferred country and no you try to equalise the blame...

i am one of those that doesnt prefer China over the USA, but there are plenty of other countries i prefer over the USA...people can live in ignorance over China's human rights abuses including the continuous subjugation of Tibet but I wont choose them, in fact they are pretty much near the bottom of my list

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2005, 03:13:13 PM »

i think canada is a great place. i'll probably live there for a while after i finish university.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2005, 03:32:30 PM »

I want out of this war now also.? Bush never had a chance to succeed in this war, not when so many of his own people wanted him to fail.? Its too late to be successful there, I think we should bring our kids home.? We lost this war in PR a long time ago.? Certainly, the fault falls on the President and those that sought to make this whole war political.? Ted Kennedy, Howard Dean etc have achieved their goal, Iraq has turned into a quasi-Vietnam.

Besides, Canada is much closer politically to Europe.? Thats fine, and that is why it wouldnt surprise me to see numbers showing that they liked Canada more than the US.? But China?? Isnt that a wake up call for you at all, that people would prefer a country that kills its own people over ours?? Certainly I understand the backlash about the war.? However, the war has warped so many minds to the point that we have Europeans preferring China to the US, and we have certain US citizens boycotting French goods or hating France.? I think the propoganda on both sides has to stop.? Its not one side or the other, its both sides.? Both Europe and the US are acting like Children over the dispute over the war.? Considering our past and how much I love Europe, it is really sad to see.

it was the americas government's actions that gave rise to the results of this poll yet you turn it around and try to blame europeans for changing their opinions on their preferred country and no you try to equalise the blame...

Indeed!!!

Why can the finger never point back?

Ever think that attitude helps put us under China ?
GnRNightrain
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2005, 03:32:45 PM »

children rarely voice their opinions on such matters and voicing opinions over whether a war is justified etc is certainly not childish
That is clearly not what I meant. ?Saying that you prefer a communist country that kills its own people over the US is in my opinion childish, just as boycotting French goods is. ?Disagreeing with the war certainly is not childish. ?Some of the things that have been done or said because of the disagreement were childish.

That is exactly why the dispute continues, neither side is willing to say that they acted childish at all. ?Im not saying that Europeans dont have a right to view the US less favorably than they did before. ?Certainly there are reasons why they might do so. ?However, I think it has gone a little too far when they prefer China to the US. ?To me that is not looking at things rationally. ?You must admit the results of that poll cant be based on an objective look at both countries, it is more based on the passion and division over this war. ?

i am one of those that doesnt prefer China over the USA, but there are plenty of other countries i prefer over the USA...people can live in ignorance over China's human rights abuses including the continuous subjugation of Tibet but I wont choose them, in fact they are pretty much near the bottom of my list
That is exactly my point. ?I dont expect the US to be #1, #20, or even #50 on the list of the most favorable countries viewed by Europeans right now. ?But you understand that choosing China over the US is absolutely ludicrous. ?I think no person thinking rationally and objectively over the matter would come to that conclusion. ?Of course, that is just my opinion. ?I just thought it was such a slap in the face. ?While there are many European countries that I disagree with and arent at the top of my list, I wouldnt choose Saudi Arabai over them just because I disagree with their actions on the war or as part of the Oil for foods scandal. ?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 03:44:33 PM by GnRNightrain » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2005, 03:33:28 PM »

i think canada is a great place. i'll probably live there for a while after i finish university.

Can't go wrong with Canada.

Any group of people who wear socks with their sandals are ok with me! Grin
GnRNightrain
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2005, 03:35:43 PM »

Why can the finger never point back?

Ever think that attitude helps put us under China ?
I was under the impression that I did a fair amount of finger pointing at us.?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 03:45:47 PM by GnRNightrain » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2005, 03:47:38 PM »

U cant hate the US because of the president but love China cause of the people.

thats a total contradiction.

the people in the US for the most part are nothing like the president.

If any of you came where I lived you would leave thinking "those are the nicest people you will ever meet"

where im from there is very little racial tension, everyone gets a long and everyone helps their neighbor, we sleep with the doors unlocked and I can leave my keys in my car overnight with no worries.

Dont judge our country by one idiot running it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2005, 03:54:29 PM »

Dont judge our country by one idiot running it.

Dude, you are going to have to get over that hump and realize the war has put us in a certain column right now. There is no getting around it. People around the world are angry, and the heat is going to come down. It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not. People feel strongly about things like war and will protest anyway they feel they can. Again, when people see Americans, they see that as enough of an extension of our government to blast them.

I can leave my keys in my car overnight with no worries.

What's that address?? hihi

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2005, 04:10:02 PM »

That is exactly why the dispute continues, neither side is willing to say that they acted childish at all.  Im not saying that Europeans dont have a right to view the US less favorably than they did before.  Certainly there are reasons why they might do so.  However, I think it has gone a little too far when they prefer China to the US.  To me that is not looking at things rationally.  You must admit the results of that poll cant be based on an objective look at both countries, it is more based on the passion and division over this war. 

we have to say we acted childishly because we voted in a single poll that put China ahead of the USA? i think youve got plenty to feel childish about, freedom fries, boycott of foods, most of the major comedians making fun of the europeans in their high profile shows and more...and youre looking from an apology from us? you amuse me dude

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2005, 04:25:21 PM »

Can't go wrong with Canada.

Any group of people who wear socks with their sandals are ok with me! Grin

Your just jelous because you can't take the strength of the beer  Tongue

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: