Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:47:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  1001 things u didn`t know about GNR!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1001 things u didn`t know about GNR!!!!  (Read 32588 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2005, 12:50:57 AM »

I remember a rumor in 1990 about GNR doing a reggae album. I know it was probably bullshit. But when I seen them at the Shoreline Ampitheater in 1991, and they played a reggae version of 'Civil War', I actually started to believe the rumor. Of course, nothing ever came of it.

usurper
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2005, 02:34:28 AM »

Izzy was a pimp. He said it in an interview years ago.

I can imagine that
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2005, 03:13:49 PM »

I can?t believe this shit I just read in Kerrang! ? he scowls.

? Which shit are you referring to? ? I ask.

? This shit ! ?, he growls, holding up a copy of Kerrang dated November 4, 1989 in his hand, yanked open at a page from Jon Hotten?s interview with M?tley Cr?e.

? The interviewer asks Vince Neil about him throwing a punch at Izzy backstage at the MTV awards last year, and Vince replies ?, he begins, reading aloud in a voice heavy with sarcasms : ? ? I just punched that dick and broke his fucking nose! Anybody who beats up on a woman deserves to get the shit kicked out of them. Izzy hit my wife, a year before I hit him.? Well, that?s just a crock of shit! Izzy never touched that chick! If anybody tried to hit on anything, it was her trying to hit on Izzy when Vince wasn?t around. Only Izzy didn?t buy it. So that?s what that?s all about.... But this bit, man, where Vince says our manager, Alan Niven, wasn?t around, and that afterwards he walked straight past Izzy and me and we didn?t do a thing, that?s such a lot of bullshit, I can?t believe that asshole said those things in private, let alone to the fucking press! ?

? The whole story is, Vince Neil took a pot-shot at Izzy as he was walkin? off stage at the MTV awards, after jammin? with Tom Petty, because Vince?s wife has got a bug up her ass about Izzy. Izzy doesn?t know what?s going on, Izzy doesn?t fuckin? care. But anyway, Izzy?s just walked off stage. He?s momentarily blinded, as always happens when you come off stage, by coming from the stark stage-lights straight into total darkness side-stage. Suddenly, Vince pops up out of nowhere and lays one on Izzy. Tom Petty?s security people jump on him and ask Alan Niven, our manager who had his arm ?round Izzy?s shoulders when Vince bopped him, if he wants to press charges. He asks Izzy and Izzy says : ?Naw, it was only like bein?hit by a girl!? and they let him go ?, he smiles mirthlessly.

? Meantime, I don?t know nuthin?. I?m walking way up ahead of everybody else, and the next thing I know Vince Neil comes flying past me like his ass is on fire or s omething. All I saw was a blur of cheekbones! I tell ya, man, it makes my blood boil when I read him saying all that shit about how he kicked Izzy?s ass. Turn the fuckin? tape recorder on. I wanna set the record straight. I mean, when Vince did that, we were advised we could sue his ass off if we?d wanted to. But we said no, fuck it, who needs the grief? The guy?s a jerk. Fuck the courts, the guy needs a good ass-whippin?! And now I read this - we get Kerrang a little late here in LA - and I tell ya, he?s gonna get a good ass-whippin?, and I?m the boy to give it to him..... It?s like, whenever you wanna do it, man, let?s just do it. I wanna see that plastic face of his cave in when I hit him ! ?

And Izzy's side of the story:

Things could only get worse after that - which they did - culminating in Neil punching Stradlin in the mouth backstage at an MTV Awards program, and accusing the guitarist of beating up and trying to rape his wife, a former mud-wrestler named Cherisse. Stradlin is eager to tell his side of the story.
"Three years ago, we played some club one night and I was hangin' out with these girls when she came backstage. I said 'Hey your pussy's hangin' out!' and she fuckin' punched me! So I just lifted my foot and pushed her back. She fell down. Next thing I know, she's got me on a rape charge. So I have to go to court, right, for this bullshit, and she didn't show up. Anyway, Motley Crue are a bunch of lying cocksuckers. It's gonna be interesting to see how they respond to this."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 03:19:01 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2005, 03:33:41 PM »

Another Motley related GN'R fact...Slash was one of the people Nikki Sixx was hanging out with at the time of his infamous overdose that inspired the song Kickstart My Heart.  That wasn't Nikki's only overdose, but it was his most famous cause they had to put two needles of adrenalin into his heart.  You'd think Slash would've learned something from witnessing that, but he didn't until the same thing happened to him a few years later.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2005, 06:53:59 AM »

I remember a rumor in 1990 about GNR doing a reggae album. I know it was probably bullshit. But when I seen them at the Shoreline Ampitheater in 1991, and they played a reggae version of 'Civil War', I actually started to believe the rumor. Of course, nothing ever came of it.

Don't you have it in mp3? I'd like to hear that. Must have been killer.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2005, 02:44:01 PM »

Not sure if this has ever been proven to be true, but......

Izzy used to be Joe Perry's heorin dealer.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2005, 06:42:31 PM »

MikkaMakka, a bootleg of the concert I went to has never surfaced. Very sad. I've looked for it all these years, but never found it. When Live Era came out, I expected that version to be on it since it was a rare performance, but unfortunately, it wasn't.

Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2005, 07:08:39 AM »

In Paris, Axl got in a fight with 12 French guys and he got a broken finger from smashing a guy in the head.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2005, 12:42:52 PM »

about the whole izzy/vince thing, i thought his wife was coming on to izzy and then lied to vince cause she couldnt get her way.

what it was is that Vince's wife comin on 2 Izzy but Izzy had no interest in her. she lied 2 vince ( i think) or vince accused Izzy of flirting with his wife. when izzy came off stage, he got sucker punched by Vince. it was the dark part of the stage. Izzy had a cut lip only.  my source was 1 of the articles on HTGTH

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
dustNroses
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2005, 07:15:48 AM »

The song Nightrain was written about a $2 bottle of gut rot wine named Nightrain that the guys used to buy when they were poor. I know alot of you knew that, But i reckon that is sooooo cool.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2005, 08:16:32 AM »

Nightrain is made here in my town, Modesto, CA. At least it used to be. I haven't had a drink in years.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2005, 09:39:41 AM »

That I never knew, never heard a reggae version of Civil War and I don't like the  reggae in KOHD in Toyko... I am glad they didn't that album.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Agata
Headliner

Rabbit Run

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2005, 06:55:37 AM »

Now I have a question: What happens during the Ritz '88 show when Axl stops singing Rocket Queen after the first chorus? I only have the audio recording; does he go off stage to come back towards the end of the song? If so, why?  Undecided

You walk a mile in my shoes
And then you tell me about singing the Blues
Sherply
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2005, 07:01:39 AM »

In Paris, Axl got in a fight with 12 French guys and he got a broken finger from smashing a guy in the head.

never known this before. Shocked Does it come from a reliable source?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2005, 07:24:58 AM »

Yeah, thats true, but the real story is a little different. Axl and Erin Everly got jumped by a bunch of guys and Axl and Erin got beat up pretty bad. It happened in late 89/early 1990 I think. It was talked about alot back in those days. Maybe someone here could post an article about it. Ask Izzy, he's the master when it comes to that kind of shit.

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2005, 02:51:45 PM »

never known this before. Shocked Does it come from a reliable source?

He said it in a radio interview with Howard Stern.

Here's the link:

http://www.billsguy.com/music/02-axl.and.sebastian.bach-howard.stern-xx-xx-89.mp3
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2005, 07:59:00 PM »

did you know that axl bio father was murdered

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2005, 11:32:33 PM »

A third verse that Axl wrote for "Sweet Child O' Mine" was edited out because the record company thought it made the song too long.

Source: http://www.songfacts.com/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 11:35:14 PM by journey » Logged
DustNroses
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2005, 06:36:37 AM »

Now I have a question: What happens during the Ritz '88 show when Axl stops singing Rocket Queen after the first chorus? I only have the audio recording; does he go off stage to come back towards the end of the song? If so, why?? Undecided
he went to get a smoke.
Gofer Rocker
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2005, 07:34:38 AM »

i'm sure ye kno but Kurt and Axl had a fight backstage in vma's and that axl was asked by courtney to be francis' gpd father and he refused saying why'd i be the god child to a born drug addict with two beat up druggies as parents
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: