Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 08:55:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  What is going on with VR's singles?!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is going on with VR's singles?!  (Read 6602 times)
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2005, 05:59:00 PM »

It's kinda weird. The album was released almost 14 months ago and they've only released 2 singles. Look at Green Day (album out Sept 04) or even U2 (November 04) they have released 4 singles (and videos) in a shorter time span than VR. Label could've pushed the album sales a bit more by releasing one of the other great ballads with a nice vid as single instead of fucking up with DLT. After FTP, VR could've gone with STB, then  finish up with a great vid of YGNR.

I get the feeling VR could've done more with the material they had.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2005, 07:54:28 PM »

I think they did fine with DLT. Hell, they still play it alot on the radio where I live.. I know that is not the case everywhere though.  I think it was a mistake releasing FTP so early actually. I know it was a big success but it also gave alot of people the impression that they were a 80's butt rock ballad band.  If I didn't know who VR were yet and I kept hearing that tune shoved down my throat every two seconds I would hated them.

KOK
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2005, 06:53:02 AM »

I think that VR would have easily sold at list a milion more copies of Contraband if they would make videos for YGNR and LTA. They have also missed a chance for another grammy and a lot more airplay on MTV.
James_Ramone
Headliner

Right next door to hell

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2005, 12:13:23 PM »

Best option would of been:

Slither
You Got No Right

Come On, Come In (Movie song)

Fall To Pieces
Suckertrain Blues ( With a paradise city esque video )

4 Album Singles is enough, plus you've got the movie song as well.

G'N'F'N'R's
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2005, 05:18:38 PM »

I think there's no point releasing another single from the album now.
They already have a nonalbum video out now (Come On Come In)... so putting out an old song after that would be kind of confusing...

Like... making people believe there is new stuff coming, then put out an old song?
Seems strange
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2005, 01:09:51 AM »

It would have been nice to see STB instead of DLT and now Im a big fan of YGNR. I know that in my review I gave it something of a bad review, but after hearing the song live on May 20th @ PNC, I was walking back to my seat from trying to get a beer, and something in Slash's solo towards the middle-end of the song, made me think a bit of "Estranged" and I kinda danced my way back to the seat the way Axl would have done so on the video for Estranged. I just hope they learn for the next record how to handle the whole singles thing, because they definitly got thrown off with putting out DLT instead of STB.

Its amazing to me how I can play Contraband now and I hear very strong songs now to work out to. And its not like every song is work-out material for me, particularly if I get sick and tired of hear the same shit over again, but I can put Contraband right up there  with AFD & UYI, because I can alternate between the three and get the same intensity of listening and activity from each record when listened. GNR music is alive and well, even in another outfit

WELL DONE VR  peace

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2005, 01:13:21 AM »

Best option would of been:

Suckertrain Blues ( With a paradise city esque video )

I like the idea of having concert footage for STB, nice thought Mr. Woody.
However, I would substitute Paradise City with a "You Could Be Mine" sort of video, with a more intimate setting in a club. I don;t know why I think that, its just the feel for the music that has me thinking that that may be more appropriate for the song.

But to each his own.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: