Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 09:17:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR should have gotten Jordis for their singer Fire Weiland now
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR should have gotten Jordis for their singer Fire Weiland now  (Read 7602 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: August 03, 2005, 10:27:18 PM »

If anyone watches that rock star inxs show then you know who I am talking about. This girl can sing really good. I think VR should just fire Scott and get her. She is amazing.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 10:29:55 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 10:32:59 PM »

Dave u are crazy dude

She is a good singer but doing Karaoke and writing hit singles are totally different beasts.

hundreds of thousands of people can sing but when it comes to composing and writing that is a whole new ballgame.

Scott was the best songwriting and energetic frontman on the market. He gave them instant credibility and radio play.

Scott is also one of the greatest frontmen Ive ever seen.

I do hope she loses so she can get her own thing going and doesnt have to commit career suicide by being in a lame washed up 80's band who is desecrating their frontman's memory by doing a show like this

Can u imagine a rock star Queen or The Doors show

that shit is blasphemous.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 10:35:01 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 10:36:47 PM »

Dave u are crazy dude

She is a good singer but doing Karaoke and writing hit singles are totally different beasts.

hundreds of thousands of people can sing but when it comes to composing and writing that is a whole new ballgame.

Scott was the best songwriting and energetic frontman on the market. He gave them instant credibility and radio play.

Scott is also one of the greatest frontmen Ive ever seen.

I do hope she loses so she can get her own thing going and doesnt have to commit career suicide by being in a lame washed up 80's band who is desecrating their frontman's memory by doing a show like this

Can u imagine a rock star Queen or The Doors show

that shit is blasphemous.

She had her own band before this show thus has written her own songs.? I just think Scott is holding back this band and he is the weak link. As for Inxs being lame, they were one of the best and biggest bands of the 80s.  And the doors are using Ian from the cult as their lead singer. And VR did what inxs is doing, and they even wanted to make a show out of it but that fell through. 

Remember that VH1 show that VR wanted to do while they were trying out singers?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 10:41:16 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 10:57:46 PM »

Dave, Do yourself a favor. Next time VR play near you go check them out. You will change your opinion of Scott. He is a great frontman. STP were one of my favorite bands before VR came along, check some of there stuff out if you already havent. I recommend Tiny Music, and Shangir La, both are great.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 11:06:06 PM »

Dave, Do yourself a favor. Next time VR play near you go check them out. You will change your opinion of Scott. He is a great frontman. STP were one of my favorite bands before VR came along, check some of there stuff out if you already havent. I recommend Tiny Music, and Shangir La, both are great.

I loved scott in stp but slash seems to be not trying in this  band. I said slash and duff should get Scott long before anyone mentioned his name.  I will wait for their 2nd album and hope its better than contraband.  I liked the contraband outakes better than the versions that made the album.

W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 11:10:57 PM »

If she's as good as u say Dave, maybe fakeGNR should shitcan botaxl & get some real talent fronting their cover band! Besides, VR seems to be doing just fine as is.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 11:35:13 PM »

If she's as good as u say Dave, maybe fakeGNR should shitcan botaxl & get some real talent fronting their cover band! Besides, VR seems to be doing just fine as is.

This thread has nothing to do with gnr, so why even bring it up?

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 12:12:09 AM »

I don't know if this chic can sing because I haven't seen it.  But I will agree with Dave that INXS was a bad ass band.
estranged.1098
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 12:13:50 AM »

I loved scott in stp but slash seems to be not trying in this  band. I said slash and duff should get Scott long before anyone mentioned his name.  I will wait for their 2nd album and hope its better than contraband.  I liked the contraband outakes better than the versions that made the album.

So Scott should be replaced because Slash seems to be not trying? I don't agree with that line of thinking - and does anything make you feel that VR would've been differently with any other singer?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 12:19:25 AM »

I loved scott in stp but slash seems to be not trying in this? band. I said slash and duff should get Scott long before anyone mentioned his name.? I will wait for their 2nd album and hope its better than contraband.? I liked the contraband outakes better than the versions that made the album.

So Scott should be replaced because Slash seems to be not trying? I don't agree with that line of thinking - and does anything make you feel that VR would've been differently with any other singer?

slash needs someone to push him to be his best. Scott does not do that. Axl did.  I just expect much more from VR, esp since the players are from gnr and stp.

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 12:41:03 AM »

I think Slash has said that he'd never be a part of a band with a female member. I think the reason was that at one point or another a member of the band would start dating the woman, and when it would go bad, everything would go? to hell..

And that's only why it will not happen, there's a whole other story about why I think it shouldn't happen. But thank god the I don't make the calls so I don't have to go into that... It's their band. Let 'em do what they do.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 12:43:17 AM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 05:17:17 AM »

Remember that VH1 show that VR wanted to do while they were trying out singers?

No.

The guys have said repeatedly that no such show was ever planned.  What became "The Rise Of Velvet Revolver" is what was intended.  Youre relaying three-year old false reports as fact, and shockingly enough, youre wrong. 

I said slash and duff should get Scott long before anyone mentioned his name.

Right...And up until Scotts joining, you predicted that VR would make the wrong choice and pick Bach, claiming Bach would make the album sound horrible.   And when you were proved wrong and Scott was chosen?  You just began bashing Scott, alledging VR only chose him for the money (despite admitting he was the best man for the job yourself), and claiming that Bach was the better singer/songwriter and wouldve been the better choice. 

This thread is just as disingenuous as every other post youve made pertaining to VR or the ex-members.   Your extreme hostility toward the ex-members is certainly no secret, so why not admit that you simply do not like these guys or anything theyll do?  This feigned concern over who would be good for VR reminds me of the "positive" reviews you gave at least three songs off of Contraband before prattling on about how much they suck only a couple of months later.  Im guessing that you were/are just giving a half-baked, half-hearted attempt at appearing objective, but Im not buying it.

And as Estranged.1098 pointed out, Scotts the weak link...and you loved him in STP...but Slash isnt trying?   Huh

I liked the contraband outakes better than the versions that made the album.

Why do I have the nagging suspicion that: 1. This is, again, completely disingenuous and  2. This opinion owes more to you reveling in the notion that VR made the wrong decision rather than actually enjoying the songs?

As for the actual topic, I obviously think that Scott was the absolute right man for the job, and the last thing I would want to see is Slash and Duff fronted by a woman.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2005, 02:55:33 PM »

If anyone watches that rock star inxs show then you know who I am talking about. This girl can sing really good. I think VR should just fire Scott and get her. She is amazing.
If u don't like VR, then u should just shut the fuck up and stay off this section... Don't even pretend for a second that u like that bitch singing. Just another opportunity to cuss VR, eh dave?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 04:38:20 PM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 04:15:40 PM »

I've seen VR 6 times.

Slash was trying pretty bloody hard each night.

I don't get how people think he is not into it.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 05:00:44 PM »

Any fuckard watching that INXS show needs to stop talking.

Dave-GNR2K, it's over. Scott is great, VR is successful. Shut the fuck up.
aporro
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 06:49:15 PM »

Dude, you know what, Jordis does a real good job but I don't think she should be the lead singer for VR.  That spot is held tight by Scott.  How about if Jordis hooks up with Buckethead and the rest of the clowns and calls it GNR.  At least, they would be doing something.  Enough with the f'n bashing of Scott.  As much as I have always been an Axl fan, Scott is outrageous and is by far, the only front man worth seeing nowadays.  Hmmmm, Trent Reznor is pretty cool too. 

I totally hope Axl comes back strong but dissing VR is not a way to glorigy him.  Let's be clear, without VR this website would be struggling.  Thank God for the site and hopefully Axl can come back strong.  We can all cheer for VR and AXL!!!!
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 08:02:45 PM »

Dude, you know what, Jordis does a real good job but I don't think she should be the lead singer for VR.? That spot is held tight by Scott.? How about if Jordis hooks up with Buckethead and the rest of the clowns and calls it GNR.? At least, they would be doing something.? Enough with the f'n bashing of Scott.? As much as I have always been an Axl fan, Scott is outrageous and is by far, the only front man worth seeing nowadays.? Hmmmm, Trent Reznor is pretty cool too.?

I totally hope Axl comes back strong but dissing VR is not a way to glorigy him.? Let's be clear, without VR this website would be struggling.? Thank God for the site and hopefully Axl can come back strong.? We can all cheer for VR and AXL!!!!

Your right. It would be a nice change if the Axl fans and the VR fans could wish the best for both. I think the majority does, just a very small exception.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2005, 01:59:03 PM »

I loved scott in stp but slash seems to be not trying in this band. I said slash and duff should get Scott long before anyone mentioned his name. I will wait for their 2nd album and hope its better than contraband. I liked the contraband outakes better than the versions that made the album.

maybe they should fire Slash instead then...?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2005, 11:21:10 AM »

Fire Slash ??!!!!
Only a stupid,no-talent, fuck-head would ever fire Slash. Please dont curse in church!  ok

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2005, 06:22:35 PM »

Fire Slash ??!!!!
Only a stupid,no-talent, fuck-head would ever fire Slash. Please dont curse in church! ok

well, that's what I think too.
I just wanted to hear Dave's opinion...lol

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: