Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:26:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Hiroshima Marks Atomic Bomb Anniversary
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hiroshima Marks Atomic Bomb Anniversary  (Read 28867 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2005, 10:58:28 AM »

The two bombs being droped on Japan were the best thing that could happen.

The only way to fight back a group like that is to take that same intensity at them

thank you yoda. you're so wise. you're like a miniature budha covered in hair.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2005, 02:07:10 PM »

Japan was fighting toth and nail for every last step of the war, they were not gong to give up easily.  Just because they couldn't attack the US doesn't mean they were not fighting, that's stupid to think.   Funny how you Euros call Truman a liar, you grand-parents didn't do the same when he was saving their asses from the Nazis. 
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2005, 02:35:20 PM »

Japan was fighting toth and nail for every last step of the war, they were not gong to give up easily.  Just because they couldn't attack the US doesn't mean they were not fighting, that's stupid to think.   Funny how you Euros call Truman a liar, you grand-parents didn't do the same when he was saving their asses from the Nazis. 

even by your standards it must be difficult to think that people are going to fight for their country no matter what or who is in charge of that country...of course they were still fighting, and so were the americans ( and other nations which also had ships around japan at the time)...they were both fighting for their countries werent they? the war was still ongoing was it not? of course you fail to even know the facts that were mentioned previously about the emperor and the deal that the US wanted...no matter how you distort it that offer existed

of course if some other country dropped a bomb on yours you wouldnt be slow to call them mass murderers, terrorists etc, would you? the people who dropped those bombs, and the ones who ordered it are nothing short of criminals

you have to admire the japanese, i have never ever heard any sign of them wanting revenge...i guess thats what separates the US from Japan

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2005, 02:49:49 PM »

when they couldn't attack the US, what point was there in the us attacking them?
Or rather, who you mean with "they"?

Do you think those who got A bombed were those who choose the war?

While agreeing with IQ, I think the then japanese goverment was criminal to its people as well.
They had executed the people who were against the war.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2005, 03:46:28 PM »

Oh, so fighting to the last man on Okinawa and Iwa Jima is sueing for peace?? Japan's deployment of suicide bombers and the tactics they had employed on previous islands led to the decision that was made.?

Nice try, but some of us have a degree in this kind of stuff, so i'm gonna win this

Check the discussions at the top levels of the Japanese gov - guess what they are talking about - peace, they did approach the US with terms for peace too Cheesy

I hardly think that the Japanese would have rolled over for a blockade, nice pipe dream though.?

Well it damn near beat Germany in WW1 and they weren't even an island confused

Now answer me this:

how long can a country last without any resources?

They would have starved to death unless they'd surrendered so not entirely sure how it could fail

Last time I checked you don't need much oil to shoot a gun or throw a grenade.

But u need it to make them and transport them and even to clean the rifles! Busted!

I don't think that the Viet Cong had vast oil reserves and they kicked the US's ass.

What about the zillions of tons of everything China and the USSR gave them.....

u=pwned
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 03:53:52 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2005, 05:29:22 PM »

Good for you, izzy, I am glad that you went to school for 4 years or more so you can show your big brain off on a lame GNR site.  Your parents must be very proud!

OK, so if the Japanese were trying for a deal then why were they continueing to fight to the last on each island?  Implementing kamikazes in battes is a way to negotiate?  I was unaware of this peace overture but it seems that the Japanese were talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Besides, why all the sympathy for the Japanese?  They have failed to apologize to China and all of the other countries they committed atrocoties in.  What they did to Nanking was horrible.  It was a brutal regime that had to be stopped, period.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2005, 05:49:59 PM »

Besides, why all the sympathy for the Japanese?  They have failed to apologize to China and all of the other countries they committed atrocoties in.  What they did to Nanking was horrible.  It was a brutal regime that had to be stopped, period.

here is a list of apologies that japan have offered since the 1970's...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_apology_statements_issued_by_Japan

how many apologies do you need?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2005, 08:29:07 PM »

Good for you, izzy, I am glad that you went to school for 4 years or more so you can show your big brain off on a lame GNR site.  Your parents must be very proud!

OK, so if the Japanese were trying for a deal then why were they continueing to fight to the last on each island?  Implementing kamikazes in battes is a way to negotiate?  I was unaware of this peace overture but it seems that the Japanese were talking out of both sides of their mouth.

go crawl back in your hole..... christ you dont know anything about tacticts.....me and you are at war.... im japan.. your the US...... the US is pushing.... we are vieing for a peace treaty.... the US is not accepting anything but total surrender..... you seriously expect me to pull up camp from every isalnd and return to japan while i dont have a treaty to protect my ass while i pull back giving you every stragic point at which you can use to attack me and destroy me?

you got to be joking..... im going to make you fight for every inch till i get a treaty that will cover my withdrawl...... so while im fighting you... in asymetric warfare...... you know do the most damage for teh least amount of losses being teh smaller guy..... (nukes dont count in asymetric warfare) if you push me back to my mainland.... and you land troops... every man woman and child will fight you and kill you...... you will take huge losses........ maybe if you neogiated a temp cease fire for neogiations of peace to be obtained..... but nooooooooo

i love how you all forget that there was more then the US as the allied force that defeated japan, and germany..... For one canada was in bother theatres and lost men on almost ever island you did.....and we spilt soooooo much blood in northern europe it looked like the freacking canadain flag.....not to mention that per capita my provience... then colony of britan spilt more blood and had more blood spilt then any allied member.....

but gues what we were agnit the bomb...... we would have rather lost more lives then to kill so many innocents.......

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
SLCPUNK
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2005, 10:32:15 PM »

Sore loser.......
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2005, 12:28:16 AM »

I was unaware that I was amongst so many scholarly elites and WWII experts.  Wow, maybe Jarmo should call this University of the Jungle.  MacMaul, don't sit here and lecture me about fucking history.  If we're going to toot our own horns around here, I attended one of the finest universities in the world, Purdue, so I 'm not talking out my ass.  I believe the reason that Canada's war time efforts have not been mentioned is because we are discussing the US dropping the bomb, nothing to do with Canada.  Province suffered?  My own family was there and spilled their blood so save your babble.

Total surrender was the only option.  Why let your enemy regroup and fight them again years later?  The head of the snake had to be cut off.  The Bomb was chosen as means to do it, right or wrong, it was chosen.  Atrocities were committed by all sides in this war, the Bomb was a horrible exclaimation point to millions of deaths.

Thanks for the added insight there, Punk.  I'm guessing your name is in reference to the prison lingo definition for punk and not the musical genre! Unlike you,  I didn't realize that this was a contest so your penis must be really small if it comes down to bragging rights over message board threads.
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2005, 12:44:57 AM »

I was unaware that I was amongst so many scholarly elites and WWII experts.  Wow, maybe Jarmo should call this University of the Jungle.  MacMaul, don't sit here and lecture me about fucking history.  If we're going to toot our own horns around here, I attended one of the finest universities in the world, Purdue, so I 'm not talking out my ass.  I believe the reason that Canada's war time efforts have not been mentioned is because we are discussing the US dropping the bomb, nothing to do with Canada.  Province suffered?  My own family was there and spilled their blood so save your babble.

Total surrender was the only option.  Why let your enemy regroup and fight them again years later?  The head of the snake had to be cut off.  The Bomb was chosen as means to do it, right or wrong, it was chosen.  Atrocities were committed by all sides in this war, the Bomb was a horrible exclaimation point to millions of deaths.

Thanks for the added insight there, Punk.  I'm guessing your name is in reference to the prison lingo definition for punk and not the musical genre! Unlike you,  I didn't realize that this was a contest so your penis must be really small if it comes down to bragging rights over message board threads.

wait now......... you went to purdue?......... so you got you cock waving in the wind.... throwing down education from what ever inistution matters not among the 1's and 0's. the fact that such a, and i shudder to use the words, peron of such higher learning has to call out on someone first about them and their education, then when gutted and quartered tries to make a fire wall with his "boom stick" of education..... wait did you graduate? either way you trode too deeply into this pool of non Prudue persons...... if you dont want to deal with us please wipe the shit off your boots on the way back to your horse as we can always sue the extra food..........

cause its all about teh  BOOOOOOOM headshot

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
SLCPUNK
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2005, 12:54:15 AM »

I attended one of the finest universities in the world, Purdue........

My brother was a professor (Now at Rice)  there, how long ago did you attend? What years?

I could validate your claim in one phone call.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 01:02:04 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Surfrider
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2005, 10:51:16 AM »

I attended one of the finest universities in the world, Purdue,
rofl rofl rofl rofl
Maybe one of the finest Universities in Indiana, but the world? hihi hihi hihi hihi
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2005, 11:00:13 AM »

rofl rofl rofl rofl
Maybe one of the finest Universities in Indiana, but the world? hihi hihi hihi hihi
Yes....not top 5.... but it is a great school.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2005, 11:08:17 AM »

my school kick all of your school asses !

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2005, 11:42:31 AM »

rofl rofl rofl rofl
Yes....not top 5.... but it is a great school.
Is it a better school than MIT is? It's the only American school of which I know the graduates personally.
I don't know much about us schools. Is your educational background all important in the US?
Maybe gilld can prove the diplomaism wrong. Cheesy

By the way, I went to Oxford several times. Does it count? hihi
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2005, 02:26:31 PM »

74, 000 people died on august 9th 1945, in Nagazaki ...

74 thousands ... i will never process that number. it's too big.

gosh. i wonder how the people who decided that strike felt after it was done ... Sad
i wonder if these people, christian i'm sure, are in heaven now ?
 Embarrassed
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 02:29:54 PM by WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin » Logged

Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2005, 03:21:07 PM »

MacMaul, don't sit here and lecture me about fucking history.  If we're going to toot our own horns around here, I attended one of the finest universities in the world, Purdue, so I 'm not talking out my ass.

finest universities...ok...amusing...i counted 37 apologies, you said they had never apologised...your credibility is zero if you ignore the facts...so what if you attended a university that you think is a top university  (which i doubt), and if you are a result of a history course then it certainly ranks nowhere in my reckoning as the best with History courses...if it teaches you to ignore the facts then its a laugh more than respected...and then there is the fact that you didnt even try to refute these apologies...not exactly a great debator are you? i could take your arguments apart bit by bit because it doesnt take a university course to think...it takes the right mindset

(Winston Churchill)"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2005, 04:26:22 PM »

Quote from:  gilld1link=topic=21933.msg378208#msg378208 date=1123536562
Good for you, izzy, I am glad that you went to school for 4 years or more so you can show your big brain off on a lame GNR site.

Lame GNR site, what u doin here then buddy?

Your parents must be very proud!

Yep, i think they are

OK, so if the Japanese were trying for a deal then why were they continueing to fight to the last on each island?? Implementing kamikazes in battes is a way to negotiate?? I was unaware of this peace overture but it seems that the Japanese were talking out of both sides of their mouth.

The poster quoted below beat me to an answer, and a damn good one it is too:

go crawl back in your hole..... christ you dont know anything about tacticts.....me and you are at war.... im japan.. your the US...... the US is pushing.... we are vieing for a peace treaty.... the US is not accepting anything but total surrender..... you seriously expect me to pull up camp from every isalnd and return to japan while i dont have a treaty to protect my ass while i pull back giving you every stragic point at which you can use to attack me and destroy me?

There's ur answer

Besides, why all the sympathy for the Japanese?

Hundreds of thousands of civilians died needlessly

They have failed to apologize to China and all of the other countries they committed atrocoties in.? What they did to Nanking was horrible.? It was a brutal regime that had to be stopped, period.

IQ has already dealt with u on this point

gilld1 - i did say u were only going to come out of this badly, but please, anymore ill-informed comments are always welcome

Quick! To the bandwagon!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2005, 04:40:28 PM »

74, 000 people died on august 9th 1945, in Nagazaki ...

74 thousands ... i will never process that number. it's too big.

gosh. i wonder how the people who decided that strike felt after it was done ... Sad
i wonder if these people, christian i'm sure, are in heaven now ?
 Embarrassed

I'm sure they felt great, they saved more American Lives than they did end Japanese lives that day, and that was their goal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: