Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:54:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Vr: keeps getting bigger and better.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vr: keeps getting bigger and better.  (Read 7258 times)
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« on: August 13, 2005, 03:10:25 AM »

I don't really want to post this on the tour board. So sorry if it gets moved. But I just came from the Columbus Ohio show. I've only seen Polaris Ampitheater packed once. And that was the Who w/ Robert Plant. Tonite was fully packed. must have been ten thousand people. I was in awe. I'm not sure what Polaris holds but it is the biggest venue in C-Bus. The place was chock full of people. Had to be at max capacity. I was astonished. The setlist was about the same except they played "come on, come in"

What a great fucking show. Rock n' Roll is back.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 04:55:20 AM »

Glad to hear that, sounds very cool.   yes

And thanks for reminding me to check out the Tour section of the VR forum.  beer
makane
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 08:51:28 AM »

How was Come on, Come in live?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 05:11:49 PM »

How was Come on, Come in live?

Pretty cool. Sounded just like the single. the sound was a little muddy though. We were off to the right and the sound setup was blaring only to the front and out.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 10:27:28 PM »

How is VR getting bigger? They cant possibly be bigger than they were when Contraband first came out. How are they getting better? They only have one album. We wont know if they're better until the second album comes out. Did you just mean from a live perspective?

electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 11:03:30 PM »

How is VR getting bigger? They cant possibly be bigger than they were when Contraband first came out. How are they getting better? They only have one album. We wont know if they're better until the second album comes out. Did you just mean from a live perspective?

Well the setlist keeps getting bigger, and also the crowd. And they are getting better? I saw them on the first tour and I saw them on this. They are getting better becuase they now have a really great connection with each other now, better then ever. How are they not?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 11:21:07 PM »

I'm not disputing the fact that they have POTENTIAL to get bigger and better. I just dont see it now. I'm really looking forward to their 2nd album. In my opinion, Contraband was a weak effort by such extreme talent. I'm sure the 2nd album will be much better. They have been together for awhile and have been through alot together. Now, they have their own identity, they are not considered just remnants of GNR and STP.

electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 11:49:58 PM »

I'm not disputing the fact that they have POTENTIAL to get bigger and better. I just dont see it now. I'm really looking forward to their 2nd album. In my opinion, Contraband was a weak effort by such extreme talent. I'm sure the 2nd album will be much better. They have been together for awhile and have been through alot together. Now, they have their own identity, they are not considered just remnants of GNR and STP.

Look man, the crowd doubled in the same state in a matter of months. I've only seen that place packed once in the past couple of years. And that was the Who with Plant. They are getting bigger if more people are being exposed and buying tickets. The more they play to bigger audiences the bigger they get. 
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 02:49:09 AM »

The first album was rushed, with Scott only getting 4 hour breaks from lockdown to work on the album, and the rest of the band anxious to start touring. A very extreme/restrictive atmosphere for the band.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 03:00:07 AM »

I think VR has some legitimate excuses for putting out a dissapointing (not necessarily bad, just dissapointing) album like Contraband.  But they have no excuse this time around.  If the follow up isn't considerably better, I will be very dissapointed.  Of course if it really sucks and VR falls flat on their face, that does make a reunion more likely...maybe I won't be dissapointed.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 05:32:09 PM »

Rob, good point. We have to pray for VR's failure so the real GNR can get back together. Whip up a good curse. Anyone here into witchcraft? I'm getting out my Slash, Duff, and Matt voodoo dolls right now. Cheesy

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 07:50:03 PM »

There wouldn't have to be a VR meltdown for a Gn'R reunion.  VR could always take a break to do that someday. As unlikely as it would seem I still wish they could do it.  Anyway, I am really digging VR. I liked them from the beginning but I really like them now after they have been around awhile..

electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2005, 08:19:59 PM »

There wouldn't have to be a VR meltdown for a Gn'R reunion.? VR could always take a break to do that someday. As unlikely as it would seem I still wish they could do it.? Anyway, I am really digging VR. I liked them from the beginning but I really like them now after they have been around awhile..

Ditto.
makane
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 06:59:37 AM »

There wouldn't have to be a VR meltdown for a Gn'R reunion.? VR could always take a break to do that someday. As unlikely as it would seem I still wish they could do it.? Anyway, I am really digging VR. I liked them from the beginning but I really like them now after they have been around awhile..

Ditto.

If they'd take a little break from VR to play together with GN'R, think about what would happen in VR concerts after that   Undecided

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 05:34:31 PM »

Ditto.

If they'd take a little break from VR to play together with GN'R, think about what would happen in VR concerts after that? ?Undecided

Yeah, you'd have a better chance of Nikki Sixx getting back with Brides Of Destruction if Slash, Duff, and Matt went back to GN'R.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 09:48:50 PM »

Guys, VR is an evolving band, and you should know it, its about making mistakes and doing its best... so let them rock.....    ROCK N ROLL!!!!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 10:17:16 PM »

Yip it's all good on the VR front! They've the golden touch alright

Multi-platinum debut album, radio hits, successful tours and Grammy wins!  ok

Well done boys! the future is indeed very bright

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
MikeB
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2005, 05:04:03 PM »

A lot of dumb fucks suck up to this band because they were in G n' R. They're a bunch of middle-aged bums, they're not those young rockers we adored in the 80's. They're done impressing fans, all what matters is money.  If no one knew who Slash,Duff,Scott etc. were, they'd be another weak one-hit wonder band.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 05:11:30 PM by MikeB » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2005, 05:17:09 PM »

A lot of dumb fucks suck up to this band because they were in G n' R. They're a bunch of middle-aged bums, they're not those young rockers we adored in the 80's. They're done impressing fans, all what matters is money.? If no one knew who Slash,Duff,Scott etc. were, they'd be another weak one-hit wonder band.

So because Axl isnt the same young rocker adored in the '80s, the same point would also apply to him, correct?
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2005, 05:41:30 PM »

Im so fed up with people underrating VR....         

@;--,-.--.,--,.-------- --TPR
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: