Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:09:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  WHO WOULD JESUS KILL?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHO WOULD JESUS KILL?  (Read 29808 times)
SLCPUNK
« on: August 23, 2005, 12:46:30 AM »

Pat Robertson, host of Christian Broadcasting Network's The 700 Club and founder of the Christian Coalition of America, called for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

From the August 22 broadcast of The 700 Club:

ROBERTSON: There was a popular coup that overthrew him [Chavez]. And what did the United States State Department do about it? Virtually nothing. And as a result, within about 48 hours that coup was broken; Chavez was back in power, but we had a chance to move in. He has destroyed the Venezuelan economy, and he's going to make that a launching pad for communist infiltration and Muslim extremism all over the continent.

You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war. And I don't think any oil shipments will stop. But this man is a terrific danger and the United ... This is in our sphere of influence, so we can't let this happen. We have the Monroe Doctrine, we have other doctrines that we have announced. And without question, this is a dangerous enemy to our south, controlling a huge pool of oil, that could hurt us very badly. We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with.

kathryn2662
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 02:03:21 AM »

he lives 15 min. away from me haha.  700 club I drive past every week.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 04:34:49 AM »

and i saw on the Daily Show that some christian guy on tv was like praying for a vacancy on the supreme court and then recently for another ... that was funny (Colbert rocks !!)  Grin

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 04:37:23 AM »

(Colbert rocks !!) Grin

Stephen Colbert, our Senior Christianism and Religion Analyst... lol

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 08:15:07 AM »

Robertson has made controversial statements in the past. In October 2003, he suggested that the State Department be blown up with a nuclear device. He has also said that feminism encourages women to "kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."

ahah Smiley

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 09:20:55 AM »

I know im gonna get burned on this but my view point is: let a neighbouring country run it as they see fit and dont involve yourself unless you and your people are directly endangered. With that bieng said, jut let Chavez run the country and unless he directly declares war or attacks America or one of her allies ignore him. Becides, it would hurt America's rep even more if they invaded (I'm speculating) Venezuela to overthrow a "communist threat."

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Surfrider
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 09:55:34 AM »

I know im gonna get burned on this but my view point is: let a neighbouring country run it as they see fit and dont involve yourself unless you and your people are directly endangered. With that bieng said, jut let Chavez run the country and unless he directly declares war or attacks America or one of her allies ignore him. Becides, it would hurt America's rep even more if they invaded (I'm speculating) Venezuela to overthrow a "communist threat."
Not going to get burned from me.? Sounds like pretty sound foreign policy.

EDITED: to agree with the caveats of WAT-EVER
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 10:24:58 AM by BerkeleyRiot » Logged
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 10:22:13 AM »

there is a difference between getting involved "physically" and just being concerned.
i think we should all be concerned abouyt anyting that happen in the world.
like iraq was a big concern.
but then, there's a difference between sending troops in a hurry to fight and thinking about a good diplomatic solution.*
waiting till it's too late is a bad solution too.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 11:17:33 AM »

and i saw on the Daily Show that some christian guy on tv was like praying for a vacancy on the supreme court and then recently for another ... that was funny (Colbert rocks !!)  Grin

haha, yea he was praying for God to pick one off so a seat could open up!

It was great watching some asshole pray for that. He had his eyes closed real hard and was just praying away....

Might as well asked for a bimmer while he was at it! Dumbass!  no
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 12:43:26 PM »

Huh? Huh? Huh

But wait!? I'm CONFUSED!? I thought that christians were supposed to be loving, caring individuals, not hate mongers.

nervous

My whole perception of christianity is blown to bits.

(sarcasm)

Perhaps we should assasinate Pat Robertson.? Just a thought.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 12:48:55 PM »

Huh  Huh  Huh

But wait!  I'm CONFUSED!  I thought that christians were supposed to be loving, caring individuals, not hate mongers.

nervous

My whole perception of christianity is blown to bits.

(sarcasm)

Perhaps we should assasinate Pat Robertson.  Just a thought.

Agree with you, sometimes those kind of pricks can make the christians people look really bad.  no

No man can be my equal
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 12:57:12 PM »

Robertson is a certifiable kook, to use a technical term.

If Robertson got up tomorrow, looked out his window, and said the sky was blue, I'd know damn well that some odd atmospheric event had turned the sky purple with pink polka dots.

Robertson is a great example that there are extremists in all faiths.....and they're NEVER a good thing.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 01:37:09 PM »

Robertson is a prime example of abuse of religion.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 02:05:02 PM »

Robertson is no different from binLaden.  They both hide behind their religion and make assumptions that they think are universal in appeal.  If Pat were alive in the 1800s he would have been explaining that slavery was OK because it says so in the Bible, that women should be at home, killing Indians is God's will.  This man is dangerous because so many idiots, including the one in the White House buy this shit!  The new target is Evolution versus Intelligent Design.  Can you say Christian Taliban!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 02:18:41 PM »

Huh? Huh? Huh

But wait!? I'm CONFUSED!? I thought that christians were supposed to be loving, caring individuals, not hate mongers.

Leviticus 18.22
"No man is to have sexual relations with another man, God hates that."

Corinthians (2) 6.14

"Don not try to work together as equals with unbelivers, for it can not be done. How can right and wrong be partners?How can light amd darkness live together "

What the hell gave you the idea we were loving?  hihi

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 02:41:08 PM »

Huh? Huh? Huh

Leviticus 18.22
"No man is to have sexual relations with another man, God hates that."

Corinthians (2) 6.14

"Don not try to work together as equals with unbelivers, for it can not be done. How can right and wrong be partners?How can light amd darkness live together "

What the hell gave you the idea we were loving?? hihi

smoking Izzy? smoking

From the Gnostic Gospels:

pilferk (1) 3:16

For pilferk shall not haveth to work upon the Sabbath day, nor shall he have to work any other day of creation, until the dark end of all days.? However, pilferk shall receiveth full compensation as if he had worked all days of creation, including the Sabbath, and shall recieve on every other Sabbath a large pig, two chickens, and one calf.? Sed pig will not be higher at the withers than 3 Swallows might span, sed chickens will not lay less eggs than the village idiot must count, and sed calf must not be enrobed in gristle, but should, instead, be the finest of the herd.? ? Thus, the creator will be pleased.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 02:55:59 PM »

haha, dang...why didn't I think of that?  hihi
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005, 02:56:48 PM »

CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela's vice president accused religious broadcaster Pat Robertson on Tuesday of making "terrorist statements" by suggesting that American agents assassinate President Hugo Chavez.

Vice President Jose Vicente Rangel said Venezuela was studying its legal options, adding that how Washington responds to Robertson's comments would put its anti-terrorism policy to the test.

"The ball is in the U.S. court, after this criminal statement by a citizen of that country," Rangel told reporters. "It's huge hypocrisy to maintain this discourse against terrorism and at the same time, in the heart of that country, there are entirely terrorist statements like those."

The State Department distanced itself from Robertson's comments.

"We do not share his view, and his comments are inappropriate," spokesman Sean McCormack said.

There was no immediate comment from Chavez, who was winding up an official visit to Cuba on Tuesday. Scores of journalists awaited Chavez at the airport, where he was to board a plane for a trip to Jamaica to discuss a Venezuela initiative to supply petroleum to Caribbean countries under favorable financial terms.

On Monday, Robertson said on the Christian Broadcast Network's "The 700 Club": "We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability."

"We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

Chavez has emerged as one of the most outspoken critics of
President Bush, accusing the United States of conspiring to topple his government and possibly backing plots to assassinate him. U.S. officials have called the accusations ridiculous.

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson said. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don't think any oil shipments will stop."

Rangel called Robertson "a man who seems to have quite a bit of influence in that country," adding sarcastically that his words were "very Christian."

The comments "reveal that religious fundamentalism is one of the great problems facing humanity in these times," Rangel said.

Robertson's remarks appear likely to further stoke tensions between Washington and Caracas. Chavez has repeatedly claimed that American officials are plotting to oust or kill him ? charges U.S. officials have denied.

The United States is the top buyer of Venezuelan crude, but Chavez has made it clear he wants to decrease the country's dependence on the U.S. market by finding other buyers.

Chavez has survived a brief 2002 coup, a devastating two-month strike that ended in early 2003 and recall referendum in 2004. The former army paratroop commander, a close ally of Cuban leader
Fidel Castro, is up for re-election next year, and polls suggest he is the favorite.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2005, 04:03:31 PM »

Robertson is an idiot. Ever see his facial expresion when he prays? It looks like he is trying to take a shit. Maybe that explains why he`s so full of it. Its constipation!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2005, 06:33:28 PM »

God is Mean.  Here are just SOME things that god has said "according to the bible" that kinda scare me.

1) God says that anyone who eats fat should be cut off from his people. Leviticus 7:23 "Say to the Israelites: 'Do not eat any of the fat of cattle, sheep or goats. you must not eat it. Anyone who eats the fat of an animal must be cut off from his people.

2) A man cannot "discharge" form his "member" 'When any man has a bodily discharge from his member, the discharge is unclean 'Any bed the man with a discharge lies on will be unclean, and anything he sits on will be unclean. Anyone who touches his bed must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Whoever sits on anything that the man with a discharge sat on must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening.
  But this is the BEST part:  'If the man with the discharge spits on someone who is clean, that person must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening.

3) Dont be gay, no sex with animals!!! : 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable. 'Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion. 

This is What happens if you do any of the above: 'Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the aliens living among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.

4) DONT HAVE TATTOOS!!   'Do not put tattoo marks on yourselves."   (Well I guess Slash is a Sinner!?!)

Now Here are some Punishments for SIN

a.  'If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head.
b.  'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
c.  If a man marries both a woman and her mother, it is wicked. Both he and they must be burned in the fire, so that no wickedness will be among you.
d.  'If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he must be put to death, and you must kill the animal.  (Oh come on WHAT DID THE ANIMAL DO?! - except for be VERY VERY sexual  Kiss)
e. If a man lies with a woman during her monthly period and has sexual relations with her, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them must be cut off from their people.
f. 'A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.' "

There is SOOO much, all in Leviticus From what god DOSENT WANT offered to him, to how many reasons there are for the people to stone you, and not be in trouble!!!  God isn't nice.  And you know what, everyone has permission to stone me now because, " 'If anyone curses his God, he will be held responsible; 16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death"

So long cruel world!!!!  peace

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: