Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:40:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Barbara Bush opens mouth and inserts foot.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Barbara Bush opens mouth and inserts foot.  (Read 7572 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« on: September 09, 2005, 09:07:24 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/06/katrina.presidents.ap/?section=cnn_us

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality," she said during a radio interview with the American Public Media program "Marketplace." "And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."

Somehow, I have to think she didn't mean exactly what she said...but talk about saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, eh?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 10:36:07 AM »

She probably meant :

oh fuck, i am rich, white, north carolina and virginia were already invaded, now these colored people invade my home, what AM I GOING TO DOOOOO ?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Nothing to say
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 11:01:13 AM »

I wish she would have stuck something else in her mouth about 45 years ago and then we would not be in the mess we are now.
Kitano
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 11:01:53 AM »

What she meant was that alot of these people didn't have shit and now the federal government is giving them $2,000 each.

Anyway, haven't the lefties always been preaching about the poor having nothing?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 11:33:57 AM »

What she meant was that alot of these people didn't have shit and now the federal government is giving them $2,000 each.

Lucky them...  ok

Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 11:59:55 AM »

Anyway, haven't the lefties always been preaching about the poor having nothing?

No more homes, no more furnitures, nowhere to go but wow how lucky they are ! they were given 2000 dollars !  Roll Eyes

Of course it's better than nothing at all ! But reread what you just wrote ! These people have lost everything some may have even lost a family member or friends !

The force ... the force ...
Kitano
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 01:11:36 PM »

No more homes, no more furnitures, nowhere to go but wow how lucky they are ! they were given 2000 dollars !? Roll Eyes

Of course it's better than nothing at all ! But reread what you just wrote ! These people have lost everything some may have even lost a family member or friends !

But haven't we always been told about how the poor have nothing and are living from one welfare check to the next?  Now you're telling us that they have lost all their valuable posessions?  Maybe those limited edition dvd copies of shaft were worth alot.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 01:39:56 PM »

I don't think she meant to be cruel when she said that. She's been helping women and children for decades.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 01:46:11 PM »

But haven't we always been told about how the poor have nothing and are living from one welfare check to the next?? Now you're telling us that they have lost all their valuable posessions?? Maybe those limited edition dvd copies of shaft were worth alot.

There is just no way you could be so ignorant as to think that there is no other value to possesions other than monetary value. ?How about just plain and simple privacy? ?Do you think that living on a cot in the Astrodome is what any of these people would choose? ?They may not have had much, but what they had was theirs. ?It meant something to them. ?How about pictures, memories, a place to call home?

And the obvious racism in your comment about the Shaft dvd isn't funny. ?Disgusting.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 01:48:09 PM »

I don't think she meant to be cruel when she said that. She's been helping women and children for decades.

I don't think she meant to be cruel either, but the comment shows a certain amount of ignorance and insensitivity. 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 01:50:18 PM »

I wish she would have stuck something else in her mouth about 45 years ago and then we would not be in the mess we are now.

hahaha! rofl
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 01:52:24 PM »

No more homes, no more furnitures, nowhere to go but wow how lucky they are ! they were given 2000 dollars !  Roll Eyes

But haven't we always been told about how the poor have nothing and are living from one welfare check to the next?  Now you're telling us that they have lost all their valuable posessions?  Maybe those limited edition dvd copies of shaft were worth alot.

The true colors of racism come to a head.

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 02:26:06 PM »

Another disturbing quote from Barbara Bush (the 'humanitarian'):

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths? It's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"
Kitano
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 02:26:26 PM »

No more homes, no more furnitures, nowhere to go but wow how lucky they are ! they were given 2000 dollars !? Roll Eyes

But haven't we always been told about how the poor have nothing and are living from one welfare check to the next?? Now you're telling us that they have lost all their valuable posessions?? Maybe those limited edition dvd copies of shaft were worth alot.

I think that assuming when someone mentions the poor that they are always talking about blacks is the real racism in this. ?The trailer parks of america are full of poor white trash as well.

Calling me a racist for making a joke about shaft is a cheap shot and really is beneath you.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2005, 02:29:42 PM »

I think that assuming when someone mentions the poor that they are always talking about blacks is the real racism in this.  The trailer parks of america are full of poor white trash as well.

Calling me a racist for making a joke about shaft is a cheap shot and really is beneath you.

No cheap shots here, only replying to a cheap comment.

You threw the Shaft comment onto the table. I don't remember hearing anybody make a joke about poor white trash watching Shaft.

Making a joke about Shaft certainly has a racist tone, don't even try it.
Kitano
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2005, 02:35:15 PM »

I think that assuming when someone mentions the poor that they are always talking about blacks is the real racism in this.? The trailer parks of america are full of poor white trash as well.

No cheap shots here, only replying to a cheap comment.

You threw the Shaft comment onto the table. I don't remember hearing anybody make a joke about poor white trash watching Shaft.

Making a joke about Shaft certainly has a racist tone, don't even try it.

I used to have a little respect for the fact that you had beliefs which you tried to defend no matter how obviously wrong you were but you just had to revert to type with the old liberal, "everyone who disagrees with me is a racist" bullshit.

Making a joke about shaft has fuck all to do with racism, you just want to take a cheap shot at barbara bush for speaking the truth.  In new orleans there are alot of poor blacks who own nothing and didnt lose alot in the hurricane and they're doing pretty well now.

Your guilty white ass makes me sick.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2005, 02:40:09 PM »

I used to have a little respect for the fact that you had beliefs which you tried to defend no matter how obviously wrong you were but you just had to revert to type with the old liberal, "everyone who disagrees with me is a racist" bullshit.

HUH?

Making a joke about shaft has fuck all to do with racism,

Bullshit, back pedal and you know it!

you just want to take a cheap shot at barbara bush for speaking the truth.

I wasn't talking about BB, I was talking about your sling at poor black people.

Your guilty white ass makes me sick.

Guilty of what? Telling you that the shaft comment was racist.

Well it was.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2005, 03:46:04 PM »

Yeah I took the SHaft comment as racial as well, but who cares, Just admit u were being racial and I can respect your honesty at least.

Old people say crazy shit sometimes but hey, if people can defend Kanye West, Im sure people can think of ways to defend her as well.

Im sure not ALL people are better off, but believe it or not Id say some are.

There are people who have better lives in prison than they do on the outside, so her statement wasnt all together untrue.

Generalized and came at a bad time but not all together untrue.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2005, 04:42:23 PM »

she is just the product of a priviledged life, like her husband,  lives in a different world than the rest of us and definitely is far more removed from the lowest economic faction of the US...if she's referring to money and material things, its a bit insensitive...didn't these people also lose and\or been separated from family members and friends... Huh

"There are people who have better lives in prison than they do on the outside, so her statement wasnt all together untrue."
That is the most stupid thing I've ever heard...better lives in prision, yeah take my freedom away please! You are an ass sometimes. Roll Eyes
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2005, 05:57:57 PM »

she is just the product of a priviledged life, like her husband,  lives in a different world than the rest of us and definitely is far more removed from the lowest economic faction of the US...

Right, and that all that statement really was.

That was also the defining moment between Bush and Clinton during the debates. Clinton was able to come down and talk to that lady in the audience, where Bush seemed so distant and far away. Every newsman/lady made note of that as the turning point for that election.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: