Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:10:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Bitch about other governments here- I'm sick of reading Anti-Bush Threads
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch about other governments here- I'm sick of reading Anti-Bush Threads  (Read 30264 times)
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2005, 06:06:04 AM »

maybe it's because a dozen times more people appreciate France more than the US...respect is earned not given or expected

Well I'll be dipped in shit.? What in the blue hell has France done over the last century to "earn" any respect or appreciation?

They have the utter nerve to stick their noses up at and judge the very country that helped bail their sorry asses out....TWICE.

Speaking of the Third Reich, according to some here, the United States is worse than the Nazi's.

Here are some classic quotes from some Frenchies right here on this board about the U.S. dropping the Atomic bomb on Japan -

Instead of having a " clean" " normal" war, you push a button and kill one generation, making sure the two or three that follows is abnormal.? GREAT, and yar proud ?? You felt it was necssary to bomb a TINY island so you wouldnt lose men the NORMAL way ?

Mademoiselle aka Jessica? ? ? ? ?http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=22212.20

i think it's even worst than the Nazi camps, because it was done by the ones that were supposed to be the good ones (USA).

WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin? ? ? ? ? http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=21933.0

All France does, and has ever done, is point fingers from the sidelines without ever sticking it's neck out.? And the same cowardice, appease the enemy attitude they had back in the 1930's obviously continues today regarding terrorism.

that what's i have been trying to tell english people, tony blair has made ennemies and although you diss chirac, we won't have bombs.

Mademoiselle aka Jessica? ? ? ? ?http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=21788.0

Tell me again why Americans should give a flying fuck what France or any other nation thinks???

What did france achieve in the last century ?

Good question ... verry good question ... I think we achieve a lot ... we were on the middle of two world wars ! The first we won (well if one million men lost in four year is to be seen as a victory) alongside the english. We decolonized ... we created Europe alongside Germany (our long time enemy) ... we achieve durable peace with all our neighbours. That's already a lot if you ask me.

But we may talk about what we had done for you in the 18th century ? I don't know why lately you don't like to be reminded of Lafayette ... or care about Montesquieu's theory on checks and balance (Locke's wasn't the only one  Grin). Thanks the age of Enlightenment in Europe for your Constitution.

The force ... the force ...
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2005, 07:18:33 AM »

maybe it's because a dozen times more people appreciate France more than the US...respect is earned not given or expected

Well I'll be dipped in shit.  What in the blue hell has France done over the last century to "earn" any respect or appreciation?

They have the utter nerve to stick their noses up at and judge the very country that helped bail their sorry asses out....TWICE.

...shortened bullshit...

yet another american with a bigger penis (and smaller brain) complex

besides you know little of WW1...of which the americans took very little part...apart from a few minor battles, the fact is most of their troops arrived in 1918 just in time for the end of the war...how convenient...and besides only a part of france was occupied, of course you probably know little of the trench warfare that ensued for the 3 years before the americans finally joined the war...if france has anyone to thank it would be the british and of course its own troops who held the lines for such a long time...so why should i show respect for an army that never showed up until the final months? or midway in WW2 or the failure in korea and vietnam and now iraq twice, not to mention afghanistan where the taliban are now regrouping...is it because the american governments havent got a clue what theyre doing?

do i respect france, of course...after 2 major wars with its neighbour it doesnt take retribution for those wars, it is trying to find commonalities of trade and  commerce thanks to the EU...and the wounds that happened 60 years ago are healed to the point where only a small scar remains...now thats what i call respect...that also applies to many other countries in the EU like Britain, Italy, Poland etc...an amazing transformation if you ask me...thats the difference between america and the EU, USA seeks to cause havoc while the EU is trying to bring everyone together

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Pazzuzu
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2005, 07:20:12 AM »

What did france achieve in the last century ?

Good question ... verry good question ... I think we achieve a lot ... we were on the middle of two world wars ! The first we won (well if one million men lost in four year is to be seen as a victory) alongside the english. We decolonized ... we created Europe alongside Germany (our long time enemy) ... we achieve durable peace with all our neighbours. That's already a lot if you ask me.

France being "in the middle of two world wars" wasn't an achievment per se. ?Just bad luck being right next door to Germany. ?But thank God for Britain and the United States. ?Ya know? ?The two countries France AND Germany love to badmouth now.

But we may talk about what we had done for you in the 18th century ? I don't know why lately you don't like to be reminded of Lafayette ... or care about Montesquieu's theory on checks and balance (Locke's wasn't the only one? Grin). Thanks the age of Enlightenment in Europe for your Constitution.

Once again, in the last century.

That you have to go back to the 18th century just proves my point toots. ? Kiss
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2005, 09:24:11 AM »

Funny that some people here always complain about anti-US posts/ threads, then a thread is started to "bitch about other governments" (our own I guess, cuz there's bad stuff everywhere anyway, France for instance is FAR from being perfect)...and after a few posts all I read is random anti-French comments and people who nicely defend us. I thank them for that, but the anti-xxxx comments are not needed in the first place.

I'd be the first to criticize my lame government (and other lame things about France) but if we can't have an adult discussion and have to come back to the "we won WWII and saved your ass" comments every time, I don't see the point.

Anyway, the first thing that worries me about France is that we have a very bad workforce system, 10 million people are unemployed and it's tough as fuck to find a job here. French people complain about the US/ UK systems that have less unemployment but a higher rate of temp jobs and less job security. Fair enough, when I ask what their solution is, the only answer I have is: "huuuhh...". Anyway, so that's one thing. Rain covered the healthcare issues basically. I'm also tired as fuck to be ruled by old farts (if Chirac is reelected - which I hope won't happen, he'll be almost 80 at the end of his mandate). Most politicians in France are old and don't get what the people want/ need, they don't understand the youth especially. They don't know what it is to look for an apartment or a job. That's the biggest problem I have with our politicians here I think. They're just so estranged from the French people that they just don't get it, they try to set up new laws/ systems and every time we get angry because they never listen to us.

Anyway, here's a start. Wink And btw, except for SLC, I rarely read anti-US comments here from other US posters. Does it mean SLC covers everything that you find bad?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 09:26:16 AM by Will » Logged

SLCPUNK
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2005, 12:15:19 PM »

People are highly critical of the USA for their war machine in the middle east. This fiasco has more than half the country upset with the government, why would you think the rest of th world would feel any different?

All governments are flawwed. But no change comes if you just fall in line and repeat the mantra you are told to.

America is brilliant in many ways. Unfortunately propaganda is one of them, and when the precious box in our living room tells us France sucks, then we are bound to repeat it without asking why.
Pazzuzu
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2005, 09:18:42 PM »

Actually I think my dick size is below average unfortunately.? Other guys' tendency to exaggerate notwhithstanding...

besides you know little of WW1...of which the americans took very little part...apart from a few minor battles, the fact is most of their troops arrived in 1918 just in time for the end of the war...how convenient...and besides only a part of france was occupied, of course you probably know little of the trench warfare that ensued for the 3 years before the americans finally joined the war...if france has anyone to thank it would be the british and of course its own troops who held the lines for such a long time...so why should i show respect for an army that never showed up until the final months? or midway in WW2

I've always given Britain equal credit with the United States for both wars.? They're the only European country that has really ever had any balls.? Then or now.

As far as WWII goes, barring say Britain or Russia, the United States did more for the Allied effort in both theaters than any other country.

or the failure in korea and vietnam and now iraq twice, not to mention afghanistan where the taliban are now regrouping...is it because the american governments havent got a clue what theyre doing?

Like I said, it's easy to point fingers when your country is never willing to stick it's neck out.? What are France and most other European countries doing to fight Al-Qaeda, the Taliban or international terroism in general?? I mean besides a token effort here or there.? Diplomacy and sanctions are going to only work for so long.? Sooner or later you will have to get your hands dirty.

do i respect france, of course...after 2 major wars with its neighbour it doesnt take retribution for those wars, it is trying to find commonalities of trade and? commerce thanks to the EU...and the wounds that happened 60 years ago are healed to the point where only a small scar remains...now thats what i call respect...that also applies to many other countries in the EU like Britain, Italy, Poland etc...an amazing transformation if you ask me...thats the difference between america and the EU, USA seeks to cause havoc while the EU is trying to bring everyone together

My point is if France wants to do things a different way, than fine.? Just don't criticize other countries who decide to take a more pro-active stance against terrorists and terrorist-states;with or without the Iraq war.

Pazzuzu
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2005, 09:23:20 PM »

You cannot have a same family ruling a country for generations, not nowadays, otherwise, change democracy to monarchy? hihi*

So you're saying you don't want Hillary to win if she runs?
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2005, 06:33:54 AM »

besides you know little of WW1...of which the americans took very little part...apart from a few minor battles, the fact is most of their troops arrived in 1918 just in time for the end of the war...how convenient...and besides only a part of france was occupied, of course you probably know little of the trench warfare that ensued for the 3 years before the americans finally joined the war...if france has anyone to thank it would be the british and of course its own troops who held the lines for such a long time...so why should i show respect for an army that never showed up until the final months? or midway in WW2

I've always given Britain equal credit with the United States for both wars.? They're the only European country that has really ever had any balls.? Then or now.

Really ? Re-read your history books ! WWI took place for the most part in the north east of France - We own the british a great deal of respect as they were fighting this war on our soil. But you are right we never had any balls at all and Napoleon was  Italian ...  Tongue Oh excuse me again you were only speaking about the 20th century ... You erase history as the centuries end. If you are not to be thankful for Lafayette and Montesquieu ... well we're on the 21th century what happened in the 20th doesn't count. So what happened during ww2 I can quite remember ..  Roll Eyes Tongue

And for France fighting terrorism, we've been confronted w/ it for decades so that's not something new ... By the way a french soldier just died in Afghanisthan ... I agree w/ my government on that, it's better to fight islamist terrorists where they really are ... I have the feeling you'll have the nerve to tell me they are in Iraq now and that we're still doing nothing about it. But who's brought them there ?

Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2005, 07:10:23 AM »

Actually I think my dick size is below average unfortunately.  Other guys' tendency to exaggerate notwhithstanding...

I've always given Britain equal credit with the United States for both wars.  They're the only European country that has really ever had any balls.  Then or now.

I know this whole thread is ridicilous but somehow I do feel a bit insulted, to hear that the Finnish ain't got balls, dude you really should read some european history.

For our independence I thank the Germans, thank you guys beer

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2005, 11:22:20 AM »

Actually I think my dick size is below average unfortunately.  Other guys' tendency to exaggerate notwhithstanding...

I've always given Britain equal credit with the United States for both wars.  They're the only European country that has really ever had any balls.  Then or now.

As far as WWII goes, barring say Britain or Russia, the United States did more for the Allied effort in both theaters than any other country.

or the failure in korea and vietnam and now iraq twice, not to mention afghanistan where the taliban are now regrouping...is it because the american governments havent got a clue what theyre doing?

Like I said, it's easy to point fingers when your country is never willing to stick it's neck out.  What are France and most other European countries doing to fight Al-Qaeda, the Taliban or international terroism in general?  I mean besides a token effort here or there.  Diplomacy and sanctions are going to only work for so long.  Sooner or later you will have to get your hands dirty.

do i respect france, of course...after 2 major wars with its neighbour it doesnt take retribution for those wars, it is trying to find commonalities of trade and  commerce thanks to the EU...and the wounds that happened 60 years ago are healed to the point where only a small scar remains...now thats what i call respect...that also applies to many other countries in the EU like Britain, Italy, Poland etc...an amazing transformation if you ask me...thats the difference between america and the EU, USA seeks to cause havoc while the EU is trying to bring everyone together

My point is if France wants to do things a different way, than fine.  Just don't criticize other countries who decide to take a more pro-active stance against terrorists and terrorist-states;with or without the Iraq war.

youre an idiot

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2005, 12:03:11 PM »

Really ? Re-read your history books ! WWI took place for the most part in the north east of France - We own the british a great deal of respect as they were fighting this war on our soil. But you are right we never had any balls at all and Napoleon was  Italian ...  Tongue Oh excuse me again you were only speaking about the 20th century ... You erase history as the centuries end. If you are not to be thankful for Lafayette and Montesquieu ... well we're on the 21th century what happened in the 20th doesn't count. So what happened during ww2 I can quite remember ..  Roll Eyes Tongue

And for France fighting terrorism, we've been confronted w/ it for decades so that's not something new ... By the way a french soldier just died in Afghanisthan ... I agree w/ my government on that, it's better to fight islamist terrorists where they really are ... I have the feeling you'll have the nerve to tell me they are in Iraq now and that we're still doing nothing about it. But who's brought them there ?

The score now.....

France 4

Dumb Americans (who don't know their history) 0.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 12:05:59 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Pazzuzu
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2005, 05:17:21 PM »

Really ? Re-read your history books ! WWI took place for the most part in the north east of France - We own the british a great deal of respect as they were fighting this war on our soil. But you are right we never had any balls at all and Napoleon was? Italian ...? Tongue Oh excuse me again you were only speaking about the 20th century ... You erase history as the centuries end. If you are not to be thankful for Lafayette and Montesquieu ... well we're on the 21th century what happened in the 20th doesn't count. So what happened during ww2 I can quite remember ..? Roll Eyes Tongue

I'm aware of many of France's signature achievements going back a number of centuries.? That's why I said "in the last hundred years."? My (and a lot of Americans) beef with France is relatively recent.?

As far as Napoleon goes, certainly one of the greatest generals in history, but he seems to get more negative press these days.

A French soldier died huh?? One whole soldier.? Wow.

As for terrorists in the Iraq front, I completely agree that the United States has "brought them there."? That's kind of the idea.? Yes, it creates more recruits for the enemy but the fighting is mostly contained within that region.

While I'm under no allusions that terrorists don't desire to do something even bigger than 9/11, I think there is something to be said regarding the fact the United States hasn't had another terrorist attack since than.

Lastly, you say you agree with your government that it's better to fight Islamist terrorists where they really are.?

Pray tell, where are they?

Pazzuzu
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2005, 05:18:11 PM »

youre an idiot

Nuh uh.
Pazzuzu
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2005, 05:22:11 PM »

The score now.....

France 4

Dumb Americans (who don't know their history) 0.? Embarrassed

Ah SLC, the model of objectivity.? Where would we ever find a more non-partisan referee than you?? ?Roll Eyes? ? Tongue
SLCPUNK
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2005, 09:47:14 PM »

The score now.....

France 4

Dumb Americans (who don't know their history) 0.  Embarrassed

Ah SLC, the model of objectivity.  Where would we ever find a more non-partisan referee than you?   Roll Eyes    Tongue

Well, you are right, I am prejudice against dumb asses.....sorry.

I do favor intelligent people, who know what they are talking about too.

Rain does a good job of that. Grin
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2005, 03:25:41 AM »

Thanks SLC that was very kind of you Wink

And to answer Pazzuzu (or whoever that guest might be... Rover? Huh ) : I've already answered it was utterly stupid to ask what France has achieved in last century ... and it's easy for you to never mention that Europe has achieved P E A C E in the last century ! For you guys achievements have always to be connected with wars wars wars - victory victory victory -

And for the death of the french soldier ... I mentionned it because it happened the same day you were telling us France wasn't fighting terrorism ... how come you always forget the context in which things are said? Huh And if our death toll doesn't impress you I'd rather be happy for my country ... we are not in Iraq !? Tongue
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 03:33:20 AM by Rain » Logged

POPmetal
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2005, 03:35:02 AM »

Yes, especially in the former Yugoslavia. Very peaceful place Roll Eyes

As late as the late 90s of the 20th century, Europe couldn't even get rid of a small time dictator like Miloscevic. Europe had to call on the US, yet again, to bomb his genocidal ass out of power.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 03:37:21 AM by POPmetal » Logged
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2005, 03:46:52 AM »

As late as the late 90s of the 20th century, Europe couldn't even get rid of a small time dictator like Miloscevic. Europe had to call on the US, yet again, to bomb his genocidal ass out of power.

Yeah right ...  Roll Eyes Not only Europe fault for this mess ... France and other European countries were the ones sending UN soldiers there for years before USA bombed anything !  Roll Eyes Lips Sealed Tongue

But have you seen a major war between French and Germans lately ? My grand ather fought two WW. And his father before him fought the 1870 one ... My grandmother was born german because Lorraine was split in two. If you think it's an easy thing to overcome the hatred of millions people deaths  and sufferings ? I guess you're actually mistaken. It takes a great deal of courage and it is a great achievement !   Tongue

POPmetal
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2005, 03:58:43 AM »

Yeah right ...? Roll Eyes Not only Europe fault for this mess ... France and other European countries were the ones sending UN soldiers there for years before USA bombed anything !? Roll Eyes Lips Sealed Tongue

Duh! That's the point? Roll Eyes? Your UN soldiers didn't get the job done (in fact they stood on the side while massacres occurred) and in the end you had to call on that damn evil US to finish the job.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 04:02:43 AM by POPmetal » Logged
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2005, 04:19:46 AM »

Yeah right ...? Roll Eyes Not only Europe fault for this mess ... France and other European countries were the ones sending UN soldiers there for years before USA bombed anything !? Roll Eyes Lips Sealed Tongue

Duh! That's the point? Roll Eyes? Your UN soldiers didn't get the job done (in fact they stood on the side while massacres occurred) and in the end you had to call on that damn evil US to finish the job.

Of course the UN didn't grant them with the right to fire ...  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: