Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:09:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Bitch about other governments here- I'm sick of reading Anti-Bush Threads
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch about other governments here- I'm sick of reading Anti-Bush Threads  (Read 30276 times)
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2005, 01:50:04 AM »

George Bush has run this country through the coals so to speak.  All of the people who were proclaiming on how great Bush is, this time last year leading up to the election, it seems now are re-evaluating just what in the hell they were thinking.

His address the other night on tv from New Orleans, admitting his faults in the wake of hurricane Katrina. All that was about was to try and gain sympathy for himself.  An "oil man" is running or trying to run this country. That sums up basically every reason we are fighting the war on Iraq. 

People can bad mouth the Clinton administration all they want but take a good look back ten years ago, and evaluate the shape of the country. The economy was great, unemployment rates were at the lowest they were in years, then fast forward ten years. What a drastic downfall, all brought on by one very evil man. 
Max Power
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2005, 02:18:41 AM »

Half our country was stupid enough to fall for that line of reason.

....and there you have it folks!

The arrogant, condescending, elitist attitude displayed right there is among the prime reasons half of us decided to keep Bush in office.

yes
Max Power
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2005, 02:45:55 AM »

Ever thought of why the UN is ineffective?

Because some countries just don't wanna be part of it and rather start wars on their own?

/jarmo

So let's see here...

Scenario #1 (what some think should have happened)

The United States doesn't invade Iraq and the U.N. and Saddam keep up the cat-and-mouse game they've been playing for a decade.

U.N. = Ineffective

Scenario #2 (what some think has happened)

The United States actually enforces a U.N. resolution by invading Iraq, thereby somehow making the U.N. =

Ineffective

Either way the United Nations is ineffective and it's all America's fault.? ? Roll Eyes? ? Tongue? ? confused
SLCPUNK
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2005, 02:50:54 AM »

Half our country was stupid enough to fall for that line of reason.

....and there you have it folks!

The arrogant, condescending, elitist attitude displayed right there is among the prime reasons half of us decided to keep Bush in office.

yes

Talk about overdoing it. I did not post in that size or bold.

haha, but from a group that likes to rewrite history, can I be suprised?  rofl

SLCPUNK
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2005, 02:52:29 AM »

Hey you....Jack Mormon...why do you keep registering under different names?

So I can't clip and paste your words against you, like I did before when you had a real ID here?

Or to create confusion so we can't keep up and call you on your lies?

Or both?

I'm gonna go with....both!

You hide because you know your wrong.....

Edit: Ahhhh....Looking back I see. Each fight you lose, you come back. Rain whipped you last round, so you get angry and come back from the ashes. To arise and humiliate yourself again......
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 02:59:58 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2005, 03:26:58 AM »

"The arrogant, condescending, elitist attitude displayed right there is among the prime reasons half of us decided to keep Bush in office."

Latest CNN Poll shows that:

"Support for his management of the war in Iraq has dropped to 32 percent."

Looks like the dumb are starting to wake up from their Fox induced slumber!
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2005, 09:47:36 AM »

To Popmetal dude : When I said that we achieve peace in Europe it was in relation with the creation of the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) in 1954 that led to the Rome treatyin 1957 and the creation of the European Union. Since then no wars between its members ... that was the first aim of Robert Schuman and Jean Monet (but I have the feeling you never heard of them).
Yougoslavia was in no way in the EU ... and the faillure that took place down there is to all to endorse.

The force ... the force ...
POPmetal
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2005, 04:57:37 PM »

To Popmetal dude : When I said that we achieve peace in Europe it was in relation with the creation of the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) in 1954 that led to the Rome treatyin 1957 and the creation of the European Union. Since then no wars between its members ... that was the first aim of Robert Schuman and Jean Monet (but I have the feeling you never heard of them).
Yougoslavia was in no way in the EU ... and the faillure that took place down there is to all to endorse.

Then you need to get your terms straight. Right now, Europe and the EU are two different things.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2005, 05:55:04 PM »

Then you need to get your terms straight. Right now, Europe and the EU are two different things.

FYI Europe is synonymous with the European Union and they often used interchangeably, like America is synonymous with the USA...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2005, 06:07:26 PM »

yes

Actually, the country side America re-elected one of the worst US Presidents ever. People from Nevada, Nebraska, or Montana who were afraid mean Iraqis (even though actually most of 9/11 hijackers were Saudis) would fly into their...errr...Taco Bell. Boat people (hello, West Coast and East Coast) didn't want Bush back. Kerry did insane numbers in Manhattan (9/11), and even in New Orleans for instance. You right-wing fanatics were just lucky the fear factor worked (thanks Mr. Rove). We can just be thankful this won't happen again...

...unless Cheney tries to replace Bush - !

Btw, are guests allowed to post here?

POPmetal
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2005, 10:54:55 PM »

FYI Europe is synonymous with the European Union and they often used interchangeably,

Uhhhm, no! Many nations including Ukraine, Moldova, Switzerland, Serbia and Montenegro, Albania, Iceland, Belarus, and Norway are in Europe but are not a part of the EU? (these are just a few off the top of my head, there are more if you want to look them up).?Maybe someday the two will be interchangeable, but right now they are not.

like America is synonymous with the USA...

That's because America is often used as shorthand for the United States of AMERICA .
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 11:21:24 PM by POPmetal » Logged
Surfrider
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2005, 01:26:27 AM »

"The arrogant, condescending, elitist attitude displayed right there is among the prime reasons half of us decided to keep Bush in office."

So if you had a difference of opinion at the start of the war, but now agree that it is being managed poorly you are dumb?  Interesting.  At least these people are fair minded and can find fault in their previous views.  I actually think its comendable.  I certainly wouldn't call them dumb.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2005, 01:48:40 AM »

So if you had a difference of opinion at the start of the war, but now agree that it is being managed poorly you are dumb?  Interesting.  At least these people are fair minded and can find fault in their previous views.  I actually think its comendable.  I certainly wouldn't call them dumb.

Dumb for choosing to support the war and not ask questions, not for changing their opinion.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2005, 08:14:29 AM »

No, but there seems to be some people who register and then deletes their accounts.

Maybe we should start deleting their posts when they're not even here to continue the discussion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2005, 08:16:50 AM »

That's because America is often used as shorthand for the United States of AMERICA .

Both are still wrong. What are you arguing about?

Many people confuse EU with Europe.

A lot of people speak about Europe when they only mean Western Europe.

Some people speak about Europe hating USA when they only mean a part of France or Germany.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2005, 11:01:13 AM »

It depends on the context ... it's an ability you seem to lack obviously. In France when you talk about the EU you talk about l'EUROPE. Europe can have a geographic meaning or a political meaning. Try to find which one I was talking about.
And this confusion of you isn't the actual topic at hand. I was trying to explain to you that the first aim of the founder fathers of the EU was to achieve peace between its members : it's done !  Tongue

The force ... the force ...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2005, 12:22:41 PM »

Maybe we should start deleting their posts when they're not even here to continue the discussion.

/jarmo

I'm curious, are you going to do this?
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2005, 12:47:44 PM »

Ecuadorian Goverment sucks!, all their politics are there just for the money meanwhile there's lack of education, the medicine is very expensive and all doctors are not well payed, The corruption is so stick in the country that even the policies and law are highly corrupted. If you wanna drink till you drop you can do it if a cop stops you you can give a lousy $10 bill and he set you free and kill innocent people like it has happened before, even celebrities here do that. If you get capture you can pay to the lawyer and the judge to set you free. So i think this country is going nowhere but down.  no

No man can be my equal
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2005, 02:41:31 PM »

FYI Europe is synonymous with the European Union and they often used interchangeably,

Uhhhm, no! Many nations including Ukraine, Moldova, Switzerland, Serbia and Montenegro, Albania, Iceland, Belarus, and Norway are in Europe but are not a part of the EU  (these are just a few off the top of my head, there are more if you want to look them up). Maybe someday the two will be interchangeable, but right now they are not.

nope wrong

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Europe

Europe

n 1: the 2nd smallest continent (actually a vast peninsula of Eurasia); the British use `Europe' to refer to all of the continent except the British Isles [syn: Europe] 2: an international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members; "he took Britain into Europe" [syn: European Union, EU, European Community, EC, European Economic Community, EEC, Common Market, Europe] 3: the nations of the European continent collectively; "the Marshall Plan helped Europe recover from World War II" [syn: Europe]

and rubbish, the united states didnt exist when the name america was coined

from wikipedia

"Both North and South America are named after Amerigo Vespucci, who was the first European to suggest that the Americas were not the East Indies, but a previously undiscovered (by Europeans) New World." 

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2005, 02:42:17 PM »

When all else fails...look it up! Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: